• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • NMLewis continues his adventures in the Hoenn region. Watch here as he meets his father and helps some kid catch a Pokemon.

BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I'd like to propose the idea of splitting the 'Items' section on location pages by generation.

Particularly for locations featured in many games (looking at you, Kanto), such as Mt. Moon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia, trying to manually filter which items are relevant to the game you are looking at can be a nightmare. The items are arranged vaguely in the order you might come across them, but only if you were playing every game simultaneously. Seems unintuitive, and it might as well be completely random to a reader unfamiliar with the area in question.

Chances are, people looking at this information are looking for the particular game they are playing at the moment. I believe the readability would be much higher, and as well as this, it would be consistent with the format for the 'Pokémon' and 'Trainer' sections.

The only reason I can see for not doing this would be that sometimes the items featured in one area are mirrored in its remake, so two sections might look a little copy-pasted. I'd counter that by arguing that readability and consistency are more important, and that many locations have the same item in a slightly different placement across generations. This means that the author has to either describe the item's location vaguely enough that it can be applied to both generations, or create two separate entries for what is effectively the same item.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has ever been suggested during Bulbapedia's history, but would it be worth having pages for the regional birds (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow, Starly, Pidove, Fletchling, Pikipek, and Rookidee), Normal-types (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Patrat, Bunnelby, Yungoos, and Skwovet), Bug-types (Caterpie/Weedle, Ledyba/Spinarak, Wurmple, Kricketot, Sewaddle/Venipede, Scatterbug, Grubbin, and Blipbug), and Pikachu clones (Pikachu, Marill, Plusle/Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne, Togedemaru, Morpeko) that have become a staple of each generation? I'm not sure what those respective pages would be titled because there is no consistent term used for them within the fanbase.

Also, has it ever been proposed to add each Pokémon's cry to their respective infobox?

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has ever been suggested during Bulbapedia's history, but would it be worth having pages for the regional birds (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow, Starly, Pidove, Fletchling, Pikipek, and Rookidee), Normal-types (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Patrat, Bunnelby, Yungoos, and Skwovet), Bug-types (Caterpie/Weedle, Ledyba/Spinarak, Wurmple, Kricketot, Sewaddle/Venipede, Scatterbug, Grubbin, and Blipbug), and Pikachu clones (Pikachu, Marill, Plusle/Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne, Togedemaru, Morpeko) that have become a staple of each generation? I'm not sure what those respective pages would be titled because there is no consistent term used for them within the fanbase.
There's a section for them in Fan Terminology. Appendix:Fan terminology - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
Gardevoir's article contains a citation to a page that no longer exists.

Reaction score
I have question, no one seems to answer because I belived they can’t answer it because they don’t know how to responded

team rocket use Gyardos and tyrantor from Giovanni why no made it official on Pokémon bulb lol

Bulbapedia Administrator
Reaction score
I have question, no one seems to answer because I belived they can’t answer it because they don’t know how to responded

team rocket use Gyardos and tyrantor from Giovanni why no made it official on Pokémon bulb lol
Rocket Gachat

If you mean individual pages, they are not notable for individual pages. They've only appeared in one episode and they don't do much.

Shiny Hunter
Reaction score
The Gengar page on Bulbapedia is FULL of typos, incorrect grammar and spelling. It needs to be fixed, it's embarrassing and atrocious.

Bulbapedia Administrator
Reaction score
It's separated from the temporary listing because if the series continues to give the pair Pokémon through the machine per episode, it's going to make the temporary Pokémon page way too big.

Reaction score
It's separated from the temporary listing because if the series continues to give the pair Pokémon through the machine per episode, it's going to make the temporary Pokémon page way too big.
i understand now

but i was curious mr mine really bleong to ash or just misunderstanding when was it comfired by the studio

ボイタさん
Reaction score
New extension for Bulbawiki: GlobalCssJs
With this extension, one may specify their CSS and JavaScript on User:<username>/global.css and User:<username>/global.js respectively. Both pages would be on Bulbapedia. The CSS and JavaScript will be for all Bulbawiki websites. The extension must be installed on all three wikis to work properly.