• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Reaction score
I don’t know how important this is but could it be beneficial for at least the manga and the anime perhaps the games to show their current movesets. It shows the moves used in their most recent appearance but could it have the 4 last moves it used

Sea Slug Pokémon
Reaction score
To reiterate what TechSkylander1518 said, I don't see a need for adding a "last four moves" listing. Not only is it redundant, but such a listing doesn't guarantee that all four moves were used in a close timespan and could potentially mislead people into assuming certain moves were used in close proximity, and/or are part of the Pokémon's current moveset when there's no confirmation of that.

Reaction score
One thing that I strongly suggest is to add an Opinion/Fandom Reception Section in each page for any Major Mainline Pokemon Game/Anime/Character that details how the fandom reacted or received such things. I am not talking about critic reception (*such as IGN, Famitsu Reviews) but how the Fandom Consensus reacted. I don't think the Dex Controversy is even mentioned in the SwSh page.

Sea Slug Pokémon
Reaction score
One thing that I strongly suggest is to add an Opinion/Fandom Reception Section in each page for any Major Mainline Pokemon Game/Anime/Character that details how the fandom reacted or received such things. I am not talking about critic reception (*such as IGN, Famitsu Reviews) but how the Fandom Consensus reacted. I don't think the Dex Controversy is even mentioned in the SwSh page.
I'd argue that there's no such thing as the "Fandom Consensus" as evident by how fractured the fandom is over Dexit and SwSh. For example, during SwSh's prelease cycle, the subreddit r/pokemon was very negative towards the games and hostile to those that held a positive or even neutral opinion while r/PokemonSwordAndShield was the exact opposite. Bulbagarden was more in-between methinks. It would probably be very difficult to present an unbiased Opinion/Fandom Reception Section that accurately encompasses the diversity of opinions on a particular subject that doesn't paint with broad strokes. Honestly, I think a Fandom Reception Section would be written from a more hardcore fan's point of view, which is narrow, and would probably have issues with edit wars, bias, broad-brushing, etc. Ultimately, I don't think such a section should be included in the wiki as it's just asking for trouble.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
him/his
It'd be kind of hard to have a fandom consensus, though, wouldn't it? Pokemon's a game with millions of players, and they all have their own opinions.

Sea Slug Pokémon
Reaction score
I've noticed that a lot of the DreamWorld artwork for the gen 8 Pokémon isn't of the best quality. Many images are comparably tiny, pixeled, and occasionally have traces of white along the outlines.
Here's Pikachu's DreamWorld artwork for comparison:
There's a noticeable difference in quality between the gen 1-7 DreamWorld artworks and the gen 8 artwork. Originally, I thought this was because the source of gen 8 DreamWorld artwork wasn't the best in quality, however, I've found that Wikidex has very nice DreamWorld artwork for many gen 8 Pokémon that looks more in line with the DreamWorld artwork for the previous generations.
I am uncertain what the protocol is for using material from other Pokémon wikis, but at the very least these images show that it is possible to obtain high-quality DreamWorld artwork for some of the gen 8 Pokémon.

Basically, I think the gen 8 DreamWorld artworks should be updated.

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
Wikipedia has controversy sections on certain articles, but for all I know, they could be edit war magnets.

Also, I kind of want to start clearing up awkward trivia, such as "Rookidee and Corvisquire are the only non-legendary pure Flying-type Pokémon" (overly-narrow superlative) and "Toxel is the only baby Pokémon that hasn't appeared in the anime" (Gen 8 is still young, and I'm pretty sure it's not an evolution of Porygon).

I've also suggested making the generation articles about more than just the core series several times, but this section is dead.
Generation _ is the _th set of Pokémon media. Blah blah blah...

Advances in gameplay
- The addition of XYZ new Pokémon, bringing the total to ZZZ.
- The addition of XY new moves.
- A new mechanic.
- Blah blah blah

Core series
The _th generation began with the release of Pokémon Blank and Placeholder on the Nintendo Hypothetical. They take place in the Whatever region, where the player must stop Team Antagonist from destroying the world. They were later followed by an enhanced version, Pokémon Gaps.

Spinoff games
The _th generation had the first installment of Spinoff Series A. In addition, Spinoff Series B got a sequel.

Anime
Main article: Pokémon the Series: Blank and Placeholder

The _th series of the anime featured Ash Ketchum exploring the Whatever region with Female Companion and Male Companion. It also had X movies.

Manga
Main article: Pokémon Adventures: Blank & Placeholder Chapter
Blah blah blah...

Reaction score
I think including high quality map rips for the Kalos region would be nice to see, like the ones from SM where it looks like the model had been opened in a viewer. Here's what I mean by high quality Kalos map
1611960857360-1.jpg
This is just a cropped part of a larger image but clearly Lumoise City is a model and not just scanned in. I don't know the source of Lumiose city in this image but this is what I'm talking about by high quality maps.

Reaction score
It just occurred to me, why is Bulbapedia still using the type icons from Gen 4?

Reaction score
Why are the manual of style pages for games redlinks?

Also, why is the archive version of this thread still stickied? I've gotten it mixed up with this one.

Unova Confirmed!
Reaction score
Immagine 2021-03-10 180736.png
uhhhhhh, did the page get griefed or something like that?
EDIT: nevermind, the site is just under maintenance.

Last edited:
Bulbapedia Administrator
Reaction score
As noted in the template on top of the site, the wiki is currently undergoing maintenance so editing has been disabled and the site may become inaccessible.

Reaction score
Does anybody happen to know why available Pokemon in Generation 8 don't have their respective in-game appearances on their Bulbapedia pages with the rest of the generations, despite at least some of the images being available? Would it be alright for me to add them?

atomic step
Reaction score
Does anybody happen to know why available Pokemon in Generation 8 don't have their respective in-game appearances on their Bulbapedia pages with the rest of the generations, despite at least some of the images being available? Would it be alright for me to add them?
Hey! I'm far from in the know or an expert, but if you're specifically asking why the sprite images aren't shown on their pages,
Last year, I thought I remembered reading in the Discord that Gen 8 images were too bulky and would slow down page loading. ...At least, that's what I believe I read.

Ok, here's quoting from Discord #bulbapedia channel:
2020-Mar-15, wow

Spriteit
@[] most of the models are currently on our archives, we are waiting for some server updates before we can display them on pages

Evelyn Ciara
Where can we find the models on Archives?(edited)

Spriteit
I believe the category is Generation VIII models
Alternately, go via a pokemon category and it should be listed in there along with the category to the rest of them

Ruixiang95
Category:Sword and Shield models - Bulbagarden Archives

[...]

Evelyn Ciara
Oh, I thought there were 3D model files.

Spriteit
ohhhh Nnooo, we don't have the ability to host those sorts of files

You'd need to have your own model viewer and see if places like Models Resource (Search - The Models Resource) to download them

Reaction score
Hello! Would this be the place to put suggestions on the origins of certain Pokemon that are not covered in their articles. I don't feel comfortable editing the articles myself as someone whose never edited a wiki before. Though I also don't want to throw two paragraphs on what and why I think these Pokemon are based on these things in the wrong Thread.

Sea Slug Pokémon
Reaction score
Hello! Would this be the place to put suggestions on the origins of certain Pokemon that are not covered in their articles. I don't feel comfortable editing the articles myself as someone whose never edited a wiki before. Though I also don't want to throw two paragraphs on what and why I think these Pokemon are based on these things in the wrong Thread.
Technically I’d say yes, but what I’ve seen, very few Bulbapedia editors are very active on here. Honestly, the best place for origin suggestions would be the discussion page for that particular Pokémon, though I can understand why you might be hesitant to post there.