• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Reaction score
Alright then, well, here I go I guess. My suggestions for additions to the Origin sections of the Trivia of current Pokemon.
If you know the of myth, then it's almost undoubtable that Boltund and Thievul, along with their respective preevolutions, are based on Laelaps and the Teumessian Fox. And I'm very surprised it's not mentioned in their article's because I know there's someone on the wiki that knows of the myth because it's mentioned in Zacian's and Zamazenta's origins. For those who don't know, it's a Greek myth about a giant fox sent by the gods to terrorize Thebes. This fox was destined to never be able to be caught. In order to try to stop the Teumessian Fox, Laelaps, a hunting dog that was destined to catch whatever it chases, was sent after it. However, the two destinies caused a paradox, so they were turned to stone and sent into the stars as the Canis Constellations. As more evidence than just being two staged Pokemon released in the same generation as to their relation, one of Thievul's Pokedex explicitly states that Boltund is it's natural enemy. Their connection to the myth can be further seen in their Typings and their Abilities. Laelaps was said to be a gift from Zeus, god of thunder, and well Boltund is an Electric type, while the Teumessian Fox was just generally malicious, fitting with the Dark Type. Yamper's ability, Ball Fetch helps with catching Pokemon, while Nickit's and Thievul's ability, Run Away, helps with evading capture.
I believe the Dragapult line may take some inspirations from Gremlins. Gremlins are mischievous folkloric creatures that were blamed for unexplainable malfunctions in aircrafts, with it's tales originating from United Kingdom's Royal Air Force during World War II. Though there's no definitive design for Gremlins, but there are two main categories, the early ones which are a bit like little elves and gnomes seen in World War II posters and the Roald Dahl and Disney book, The Gremlins, and the modern take, small greenish goblin-like creature with large pointy ears, and sometimes a bit reptilian and aquatic, with the most popular design being that of Gremlins (1984). It's so popular in fact it's hard finding any other designs from a Google search. It's this more modern take that I believe the Dragapult line takes it's inspirations from, being well greenish, reptilian, and aquatic, along with their crests somewhat resembling those large pointed ears. So I think there should a little "This pokemon may also take some inspirations from Gremlins, creatures of folklore that were blamed for malfunctions in aircrafts" at the end.

Sea Slug Pokémon
Reaction score
Respectfully, in my opinion both your origins seem like a stretch as they don't really have much of a connection to myths and gremlins respectively. In both cases, I think the connections would be much more obvious if these Pokémon were truly inspired by them.
If you know the of myth, then it's almost undoubtable that Boltund and Thievul, along with their respective preevolutions, are based on Laelaps and the Teumessian Fox. And I'm very surprised it's not mentioned in their article's because I know there's someone on the wiki that knows of the myth because it's mentioned in Zacian's and Zamazenta's origins. For those who don't know, it's a Greek myth about a giant fox sent by the gods to terrorize Thebes. This fox was destined to never be able to be caught. In order to try to stop the Teumessian Fox, Laelaps, a hunting dog that was destined to catch whatever it chases, was sent after it. However, the two destinies caused a paradox, so they were turned to stone and sent into the stars as the Canis Constellations. As more evidence than just being two staged Pokemon released in the same generation as to their relation, one of Thievul's Pokedex explicitly states that Boltund is it's natural enemy. Their connection to the myth can be further seen in their Typings and their Abilities. Laelaps was said to be a gift from Zeus, god of thunder, and well Boltund is an Electric type, while the Teumessian Fox was just generally malicious, fitting with the Dark Type. Yamper's ability, Ball Fetch helps with catching Pokemon, while Nickit's and Thievul's ability, Run Away, helps with evading capture.
I don't think this is the case. None of the two lines ever reference or hint at the legend, and any attributes that you credit to the myth have much more simple and obvious origins; Occam's razor suggests these are the actual inspirations. The Thievel line's Dark type can be explained by the fact that foxes are commonly depicted as sneaky tricksters in folklore, which is very fitting for the Dark type. Not to mention that Thievel and Nickit are based on thieves; this, along with the two lines' references to fox hunting, are probably also the reason why they have Run Away as an ability. Boltund appears to be based on hounds that hunt foxes, hence why it is Thievel's natural enemy, and Yamper's ability is obviously just a reference to the fact that dogs like to play fetch.

However, I will say that there is enough of a possible connection between the Electric typing of Boltund's line and Lealaps being a gift from Zeus, in my opinion.
I believe the Dragapult line may take some inspirations from Gremlins. Gremlins are mischievous folkloric creatures that were blamed for unexplainable malfunctions in aircrafts, with it's tales originating from United Kingdom's Royal Air Force during World War II. Though there's no definitive design for Gremlins, but there are two main categories, the early ones which are a bit like little elves and gnomes seen in World War II posters and the Roald Dahl and Disney book, The Gremlins, and the modern take, small greenish goblin-like creature with large pointy ears, and sometimes a bit reptilian and aquatic, with the most popular design being that of Gremlins (1984). It's so popular in fact it's hard finding any other designs from a Google search. It's this more modern take that I believe the Dragapult line takes it's inspirations from, being well greenish, reptilian, and aquatic, along with their crests somewhat resembling those large pointed ears. So I think there should a little "This pokemon may also take some inspirations from Gremlins, creatures of folklore that were blamed for malfunctions in aircrafts" at the end.
The Dragapult line shares nothing in common with gremlins outside of a connection to aircraft. Lore-wise, nothing about them suggests a penchant for mischief, the core motif of a gremlin, and design-wise the line bears no resemblance to the very humanoid gremlins, even the movie-ones, being more animal-shaped. And, they're most likely not meant to be reptiles; judging by their boomerang-shaped head, body shape, and Dreepy's reference to once living in prehistoric seas, it appears that the line is inspired by the extinct amphibian Diplocaulus.

Last edited:
Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
I've brought up my proposed changes to the generation articles to cover more than just main series games several times, but I've never gotten any responses. Do I need to come up with a more convincing argument?

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
PokéToons
We need a page on this short, hell Mimikyu and Scraggy's galleries have screenshots and and concept art from their appearances in the short.

Battle Dimension Pokémon!
Reaction score
Last edited:
Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
Howcome when translating episode titles and the like, the site's policy is to keep the franchise-specific terminology as-is and put the equivalent English terms as a tooltip? Translating hadou as "wave-guiding" sounds clunky, for example.