• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Nitro Indigo

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
Since Hisui is the same place as Sinnoh, and its article isn't very long, shouldn't it be merged into the Sinnoh article?

Keyacom

ボイタさん
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
Someone on Discord wanted Bulbapedia to have HotCat. However, I think it should just be a gadget to be enabled in the user preferences.

To make sure the MediaWiki software treats it as a gadget, a staff member should create a page called MediaWiki:Gadget-HotCat.js with the following content:
JavaScript:
window.hotcat_translations_from_commons = true;

/*
 This imports the latest version of HotCat from Commons.
 HotCat is a gadget to make changes to categories much easier.
 Full documentation can be found at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Gadget-HotCat
*/
mw.loader.load( '//commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Gadget-HotCat.js&action=raw&ctype=text/javascript' );

And because we don't like empty gadget descriptions, the following pages should also be created:

TitleContent
MediaWiki:Gadget-LegacyToolbar2006Enable the legacy (2006) editing toolbar
MediaWiki:Gadget-HotCat[[wp:WP:HOTCAT|HotCat]]: easy category manipulation

MissDelibirda

Somewhat prudish.
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Would really like if our quote pages included context on the conversation, like on Poképédia. It looks like this:

Quotes [for X]

X: Bladibladibladi.
Y: Replyiplyiplyi.

Nitro Indigo

Reaction score
I feel like a lot of the notes on game move errors should be removed, because most of them are variations of "this Pokémon cannot legitimately learn that move", and the other move errors pages don't have that much redundancy.

RexMissingno

Team Rocket's rockin
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Is there any interest in expanding on the Pokegods page? I've been doing a worldbuilding project and I've been doing research into Pokegods for it, and have noticed things such as the GameShark codes and glitch Pokemon they were tied to and some methods of obtaining, and there's currently only one source used on the Pokegods page anyway. If there's an interest I could edit the page but it may be too niche.

MissDelibirda

Somewhat prudish.
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
Peeps, we need to do something about the featured article system. It appears to have been deprecated, with the latest nomination being from the 7th July, 2011. Our policies and standards have changed since then, and as the system is supposed to highlight the articles that exemplify our goals, we need to brush some dust of it.

Shadao

Pikachu's Global Adventure
Reaction score
I think there should be a different category classification of Pokémon ownership status regarding to the anime ever since Goh's Suicune turned the whole "release" concept on its head. By all accounts, Suicune would be considered a released Pokémon since it left Cerise Park to continue purifying the water and hasn't really returned save for a recent episode. But the only reason Suicune is not considered released is because it went back to its Poke Ball to show that it desires Goh to be its trainer and partner.

But if Suicune is still considered Goh's Pokémon because Goh still has the Poke Ball, then it raises a lot of questions regarding the other "released" Pokémon, especially in recent series. Starting in DP, the anime introduced a new visual mechanism of releasing Pokémon, which is a blue light beam. DP also shows that a Pokémon already registered by a Poke Ball cannot be caught even if said Pokémon is far away from its trainer. So already, there's a modern way when it comes to releasing Pokémon.

And then you have evidence that Ash didn't release his Pokémon in XY. He could call upon Goodra just by contacting the old man monitoring the marshlands and while the guy doesn't personally train or care Goodra, he's still acts like Liza in that he will deliver Goodra as Ash would request. It's pretty much like Charizard minus the whole training aspect. There's no indication that Ash has to recatch Goodra, which would indicate that he actually released it. And then Sun and Moon reveal that Ash deposited 5 Poke Balls before going to Alola. There's no reason to believe that Ash would dump five Poke Balls to Oak if he released two of them and only had three Pokémon to deposit. But then again, did he really release them?

Of course, you can argue it's all speculations, but I feel that Released is no longer as certain as it once was, with DP introducing a new method of release (which is forsaking ownership and allowing another trainer to catch the formerly owned Pokémon) and Journeys showing that caught Pokémon can still venture into the wilds as far as they like, as seen with Ash's Infernape and Goh's Suicune.

Kamelasa

Reaction score
Helping hand is missing on Togekiss's Gen 7 moveset. It can be obtained by transfer from XD. That is all.

cheers.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Maybe adding an article on Hayashi Yuuki would be good? It seems that he's worked on the soundtrack for a few Pokemon games, and the anime as well.

Additionally, I can't make a page about this yet, but under Project Music, there needs to be a page for the new Journeys soundtrack, Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Vol.2. I have info about it, but don't have the privileges to make it quite yet~

ripplefieldz

#1 faba hater
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
is it me or has bulbapedia been not working? like it keeps giving me this, the forums are fine though? 1653779273981.png

Nitro Indigo

Reaction score
I've been thinking about how generation pages such cover more than just the main series again, and this part of Generation 8's trivia bothers me:
The first one applies to SwSh and PLA. The second applies to SwSh. The third and its sub-bullet applies to BDSP and a spinoff, which is the first time I've seen one acknowledged on a generation page. The last two refer to the Pokémon introduced rather than any specific games, but the fossil one is also on the Galar article. I think it'd be better if we moved the first two to SwSh's article and changed "only" to "first".

Totem_Rowlet

Chilling on a Beach somewhere.
Reaction score
Pronouns
He-Him
I bet this shouldn't be done yet, but Miriadon and Koraidon's typings can be put as Dragon/Electric and Dragon/Fighting, since that is basically confirmed at this point.

MissDelibirda

Somewhat prudish.
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/her
The reason that the fora are still working is because they use another software, and are connected to another server.

Greninjaman

Ninja Assassin Frog
Reaction score
Pronouns
Him/He
Would it not make sense to split Ash's Bulbapedia page into multiple pages, one for each saga of the show? That page is so long now at this point, might as well.