• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • The forums' software will be updated on December 9th, 2019 and may be down for several hours to multiple days for this process. Thank you for your patience, we hope this update will improve your experience here.

Why not join us over on discord during the downtime?

• ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

is obsessed with Noivern!
Reaction score
Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

Bulbagarden Archives. If you're new, you'll have to wait a while, since that's one of our antivandalism security features. Otherwise, upload over the old file and you're good.
Some of the files don't let you upload over them... like the formulas. I had to upload new versions under new names because there wasn't an option to "upload new versions of the file".

Reaction score
Reaction score

Hello, I am new to this site but wanted to let you know of a card misprint from power keepers. Its a holo grass energy with the image of banette card in it. I am not sure if there has been any others like this or if its a unique one of a kind card.

A black and white world
Reaction score

Wait, I thought the talk page was open. Shouldn't stuff like this (discussing the actual content of articles) be put on the talk page instead?
This is also the "suggestion/idea/problem" thread.

Additionally, I really have no idea how to work Bulbapedia from a programming standpoint.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Some of the files don't let you upload over them... like the formulas. I had to upload new versions under new names because there wasn't an option to "upload new versions of the file".
When did you register on Archives?

Also, Blackjack, learn to. I had no idea how to back in 2006. Look at me now. You were here waaaaaaaaaay before me.

Reaction score

When did you register on Archives?
About two weeks ago, I think. It's a unified account, and the name is Ztobor (my original username here).

If the unified account applies everywhere, then I actually registered six months ago.

Last edited:
追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Yeah, you probably haven't yet met the requirements to get the ability to upload over images that you yourself didn't upload. Or else those are the (rarely) protected image...

Reaction score

Yeah, you probably haven't yet met the requirements to get the ability to upload over images that you yourself didn't upload. Or else those are the (rarely) protected image...
I don't think the formulas are important enough to be protected. o_O

What are those requirements, anyway?

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Not tellin'.

Reaction score

Not tellin'.
Why not...?

I'm guessing it's not to the level of needing to be an Archives staff member? 'Cause if that's the case, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and upload new formulas under different names.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Why not...?

I'm guessing it's not to the level of needing to be an Archives staff member? 'Cause if that's the case, I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and upload new formulas under different names.
E-mail confirmed

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score

Well, TTE, when you put it that way, I suppose I should try to figure out how to make that rock smash table I thought of a few months ago.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

The reason we keep the stuff secret is so we don't get someone thinking he's funny uploading over all our images.

Humaniod Typhoon
Reaction score

We should start uploading the sprites from the two TCG video games. I tried ulpoading one to the Charizard Base Set 4 article, but it wa squickly deleted.

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score

Regarding this and this, both include part where the formula says SQRT(EV - 1) which would cause a huge problem if there are no EVs in that stat. Is this not the real formula, or does the game do something else if there are no EVs in that stat.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Negative infinity.

Beats me. I haven't touched Gen I in years.

As for the TCG GB games... we've gotta make up a system before we decide "HEY SPRITES".

Reaction score

I saw that on dratini's page (dratini(pokemon)) In the chart for egg moves it only has garchomp's evolutionary family, and dratini's evolutionary family listed for Dragon Rush. I've found that Salamence's evolutionary family can also pass dragon rush onto a dratini.

Reaction score

Regarding this and this, both include part where the formula says SQRT(EV - 1) which would cause a huge problem if there are no EVs in that stat. Is this not the real formula, or does the game do something else if there are no EVs in that stat.
I imagine that the game starts them off with one EV.

I only re-uploaded the formulas to fit the thing about SQRT(EV - 1) in the "effort values" page. If that's wrong, then I'll change them back.

And wait, I'm not autoconfirmed yet...? WTF...?