• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

Why doesn't the table on this page have round edges, like most of the other tables?

It mostly likely isn't roundied yet or it may still be using the -moz code which doesn't display in all browsers (which was the case), I have fixed it now.

It mostly likely isn't roundied yet or it may still be using the -moz code which doesn't display in all browsers (which was the case), I have fixed it now.
Thanks. I would've done it, but just looking at the code gave me a headache:)...

Ok, so Isshu and Hiun City articles were unlocked today. It says in the history that after they were unlocked "we (admins) will see how it goes". Are the article protected so that only established editors can edit? That would solve the problem until BW comes out right?

Actually, the protection of those articles just ran out. They're re-protected for another month again, at least until the games come out.

Re: Official Bulbagarden Archives suggestion/idea/problem thread

We could have a page for the Pokémon fonts used...

Some of them were created (the Pokémon logo) but the ones that tell which version of the game is it were not.

For Diamond/Pearl/Platinum they used Futura SB-XBold

For HG/SS they used Athenaeum-Bold

With more research I'm sure we could find out which were used for RSE and FR/LG.

Huh.

Good find, good find.

I support the creation of an article for both fanmade and officially-used fonts. Userspace first, though.

Ok I found another, the font used for "Version" on HGSS is Microgramma Bold Extended.. Interstingly enough both Athenaeum and Microgramma were designed by Aldo Novarese!

The font used for RSE seems to be the same that was used for DPPt but the low-res is the unique thing different.

I'm searching the one they used for FRLG now.

Also with those fonts we can make custom logos! Like...

... :p

Last edited:
*in the right place, nao*

*hand raise*

On the quiet need to cite some information: would it be too much to ask for, in the case of caught/party pokémon in the anime, that confirmed genders have links back to what Japanese episode confirmed them overtly, and once-and-for-all? Because I'm a little confused in which episode Bayleef's gender was oh-they-said-it-they-said-it!confirmed.

And by confused, I mean, I believe it's hogwash conjecture without verbally stated proof until shown otherwise. So, please show me otherwise.

Re: *in the right place, nao*

*hand raise*

On the quiet need to cite some information: would it be too much to ask for, in the case of caught/party pokémon in the anime, that confirmed genders have links back to what Japanese episode confirmed them overtly, and once-and-for-all? Because I'm a little confused in which episode Bayleef's gender was oh-they-said-it-they-said-it!confirmed.

And by confused, I mean, I believe it's hogwash conjecture without verbally stated proof until shown otherwise. So, please show me otherwise.
It'd be useful, but a pain to implement.

It'd be useful, but a pain to implement.
...How? If you didn't just "assume" and there's episodic proof they confirmed it, someone's going to remember around which episode it was. Putting it on the page? Stick it at the top of the trivia list:

* [insert Pogey here]'s gender was confirmed in episode whatever.

It's helpful, and it shows you aren't just bullshitting...because I'm betting the Bayleef page is.

...How? If you didn't just "assume" and there's episodic proof they confirmed it, someone's going to remember around which episode it was. Putting it on the page? Stick it at the top of the trivia list:

* [insert Pogey here]'s gender was confirmed in episode whatever.

It's helpful, and it shows you aren't just bullshitting...because I'm betting the Bayleef page is.

I'm saying it'd take a while to find the ep that each was stated in. I dunno about Ash's Bayleef, though; ask the person who added it.

Yes, again. =P ENCYCLOPEDIA. Facts. We like facts.

I'm saying it'd take a while to find the ep that each was stated in. I dunno about Ash's Bayleef, though; ask the person who added it.
Given that it was an on-off battle through '08 and '07...it's not worth finding who put it or who kept it. Episode that "apparently" confirms the gender is ep136, and is listed as part of the trivia. However, the English dub makes no mention of the word "she" in relation to Chikorita, and trivia makes no mention if it was in the English or Japanese version...it's unconfirmed until that's cleared.

Every other engendered pogey is either made engendered by two things: verbal confirmation (which is why Charizard's not officially listed as male) or gender differences (hi, Buizel). Where is the verbal proof for this one?

Missing content:

Jogger page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jogger

In Diamond/Pearl, Jogger Craig also has a level 20 Ponyta in the initial battle in addition to his level 19 Luxio and level 21 Staravia.

In Diamond/Pearl, Jogger Scott gives 736 Pokemon dollars as prize money.

Hope I helped.

Missing content:

Jogger page: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jogger

In Diamond/Pearl, Jogger Craig also has a level 20 Ponyta in the initial battle in addition to his level 19 Luxio and level 21 Staravia.

In Diamond/Pearl, Jogger Scott gives 736 Pokemon dollars as prize money.

Hope I helped.

You did, thank you very much. Although you could have just added it yourself...?

You did, thank you very much. Although you could have just added it yourself...?
I wasn't sure how. Do I have to create an account for Bulbapedia to do that?

Update:
Cool! I registered an account, logged in, looked at those gibberish and decided to give it a go. Now it's done! =)

Last edited:

I wasn't sure how. Do I have to create an account for Bulbapedia to do that?

Update:
Cool! I registered an account, logged in, looked at those gibberish and decided to give it a go. Now it's done! =)

Glad I could help. Welcome to Bulbapedia. :D

BTW, now that payout of P640 makes sense... >_>

Given that it was an on-off battle through '08 and '07...it's not worth finding who put it or who kept it. Episode that "apparently" confirms the gender is ep136, and is listed as part of the trivia. However, the English dub makes no mention of the word "she" in relation to Chikorita, and trivia makes no mention if it was in the English or Japanese version...it's unconfirmed until that's cleared.

...then watch the Japanese episode? I dunno.

Uhmmm. Probably 30%. Since it's always either 10, 30, 50, or 100%.

Back
Top Bottom