• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

BULBAPEDIA: Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Reaction score
In Resort Gorgeous, Lady Gillian's Mareeps both have Stardust, and her Flaafy has a Nugget. Jack's Hoppip and Skiploom both have Stardust. Selphy's Persians both have Nuggets.

Every single Black Belt, Crush Girl and Crush Kin in FireRed/LeafGreen has a Black Belt on every single one of their Pokémon.

Administrator
Reaction score
In Resort Gorgeous, Lady Gillian's Mareeps both have Stardust, and her Flaafy has a Nugget. Jack's Hoppip and Skiploom both have Stardust. Selphy's Persians both have Nuggets.

Every single Black Belt, Crush Girl and Crush Kin in FireRed/LeafGreen has a Black Belt on every single one of their Pokémon.
Just a note about spelling. Plural of Pokémon names is simply the Pokémon's name. Two Mareep, two Persian, etc...

Yes, that's really my neck
Reaction score
*raises hand*

For in-game legendaries, those with and without special happenings connected to them, is there a place that lists those? Such as Tornadus and Thundurus appear as soon as you beat the Opelucid Gym and enter route 10, or that [email protected] start roaming in RuSaEm immediate post game?

And even if they are, can we please have those on the species pages? -_x Seriously, this is as important as the "where it can be found" templates, which "roaming" doesn't cover.
I agree; this should be listed on the species pages. I don't know where to compile a generic list though... maybe by game on the "Pokémon X and Y Versions" page...

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score
*raises hand*

For in-game legendaries, those with and without special happenings connected to them, is there a place that lists those? Such as Tornadus and Thundurus appear as soon as you beat the Opelucid Gym and enter route 10, or that [email protected] start roaming in RuSaEm immediate post game?

And even if they are, can we please have those on the species pages? -_x Seriously, this is as important as the "where it can be found" templates, which "roaming" doesn't cover.
Perhaps we could combine this with this suggestion.

Formely Foreign Travler
Reaction score
There should be a Trivia section in Lara Laramie's page, to feature the origin of her name.
BTW, her surename in both English and Japanese is based on the old Western The Man from Laramie.

Reaction score
I love this site, but to be honest, the thing I love the most is the trivia. Is there any way to automatically set everything but trivia to be closed so I dont have to page down the whole way to trivia?

Reaction score
Foreign Traveler: feel free to add that once the site is opened - this will hopefully be soon!

Sorry, betterthanbonds8, it's a complete package.

Stealin' cars.
Reaction score
You can hit the End button on your keyboard to jump to the page bottom. Or you can select Trivia in the table of contents box.

Fish fingers and custard
Reaction score
Super Nerd
Reaction score
There appears to be an error on Mew's page.

In an interview with Game Freak and Creatures, Inc. in Nintendo Power issue 134, Tsunekaz Ishihara revealed that he created Mew two weeks before game development was finished.
Shouldn't this say Shigeki Morimoto instead of Tsunekaz Ishihara? There's no citation listed, so I can't be sure.

Reaction score
I suggest the word lambent be added to Lampent's name origin. It means glowing, gleaming, or flickering with a soft radiance, to quote Google's definition. Often refers to flames and such.

Reaction score
The citation is given - just not with a link to an online document. I always thought Morimoto created Mew as well, and I think I have seen a source that says as such. If anyone has the Nintendo Power magazine, could you doublecheck what that says?

Thanks.

Super Nerd
Reaction score
The citation is given - just not with a link to an online document. I always thought Morimoto created Mew as well, and I think I have seen a source that says as such. If anyone has the Nintendo Power magazine, could you doublecheck what that says?

Thanks.
Yeah, I meant there was no external link. ^^;

It says that Morimoto-san created Mew on his page on the 'pedia. In all honesty, this wouldn't be the first time that people have mixed up someone else for Ishihara-san (hello everyone on the internet putting his picture up and thinking it's Tajiri-san XD).

Reaction score
I suppose this would be the place...

Here's some beta art of some GSC pokemon I thought should be added. They seem pretty close to their final forms, although the proportions are messed up on a lot of them, and there's notable differences between Entei, Raikou, Larvitar, Lugia, Celebi and especially Hitmontop(Note the missing leg.) Also note Houndoom's Red horns, and Seaking's ugly face.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, before R/G, weren't pokemon only supposed to evolve once if at all? I remember reading that, but I'm not sure where.
And the beta names of Abra and Kadabra seem to support that(Hocus and Pocus; note that there's not a third thing that goes with Hocus Pocus.)

Also, I know it's off topic, but are some of the beta names for Gen I Pokémon just better than their official ones? I think so.
Like Ess and Kargo, as well as Att and Lantis. Meduza, Skulkraken, Tonguetyd and the Machop line's names were also good, and Eon for Eevee makes SO MUCH SENSE.