• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

On the Fuchsia City page, it states that "The city has never appeared in the Pokémon anime, although Ash won the Soul Badge at the Fuchsia Gym."

Contrary to popular belief, the city has in fact appeared in the Anime. It was visited in the episode "Time Warp Heals All Wounds".

In the dub, it explicitly states that they are in the Fuchsia City Pokémon Center. While I can not be certain that this was the exact quote from the Japanese version, I heard the term "Sekichiku City" mentioned, so it probably was.

I don't think this has been mentioned, because the page is incorrect, but sorry if it has and I'm being repetitive.

On the page with the gym badges (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Badge), for the fifth generation, the Trio Badge and the Bolt Badge onward say that the badges permit certain HM moves. I don't think that's true. I know for a fact I used Strength before I got the Bolt Badge, but the page would indicate as of now that this is impossible. The Gym Leaders don't state that their badges permit HM moves, and I think it should be taken out, and perhaps a note could be made at the beginning that as of the fifth generation, badges no longer seem to have an association with HM moves.

Thanks!

Can anyone provide a source for this bit of triva?

On Alder's page

"Alder carries nine Poké Balls due to him not understanding the Pokémon storage system. "

Where does this originate from?

Twist Mountain is missing data on a Trainer in the Winter exclusive area.

Ace Trainer Jordan

Krokorok♂ Lv. 35
Palpitoad♂ Lv. 35
Klang Lv. 35

Reward: 2100 Pokémon Dollar

The Substitute TM is just to the west of him.

Twist Mountain is missing data on a Trainer in the Winter exclusive area.

Ace Trainer Jordan

Krokorok♂ Lv. 35
Palpitoad♂ Lv. 35
Klang Lv. 35

Reward: 2100 Pokémon Dollar

The Substitute TM is just to the west of him.

Filled in. Thank you.~

Twelve trainers? So only ten of the thirty outside trainers can be in BC/WF at any given time?
Yes, that's right. After you have ten people refuse to come to your City/Forest.

The guide confirms it on pages 208-211,
p.208;
"The number of residents (see the list above) can be as few as zero and as many as ten."
p.209:
"Sometimes you can't invite people to come live in your city even if you go to White Forest via the Entralink. This means you either have ten people living in your Black City or a person with the same name is already living in your city."
p.210:
"The number of residents can be as few as zero and as many as ten."
p.211:
"Sometimes you can't invite people to come live in your forest even if you go to Black City via the Entralink. This means you either have ten people living in your White Forest or a person with the same name is already living in your forest."

The 33 which you gain in expanding the city are the 12 trainers (you can't fight the two always there if your City is empty) and a pile of shop clerks and residents etc..

Received this info via email, worth looking info.

Before I start, let me assure you that this is NOT intended as an April Fool's joke, I just happened to make the discovery early in the morning on April 1. (Though I do appreciate the Bulbapedia ==> Fushigipedia prank. >:3 )

I would put this in the talk page (having just registered), but the entire wiki is protected, and I thought I ought to tell SOMEONE before I forget, myself. On the Bulbapedia page for Ditto, it states that Ditto's capture rate changes to match that of the species it transforms into. This may have changed for Generation V--going by the capture rate of 255 for Lillipup, and using a Dusk Ball during nighttime (3.5x), I should get a 100% capture rate for a Ditto transformed into Lillipup even at full health. However, I was getting several misses.

The oddest part is that the capture rate seemed to be better than would be expected for an untransformed Ditto with Dusk Balls, so I'm not sure exactly what's going on. Anyway, as I said, despite the unfortunate timing, this is NOT an April Fool's joke, so if you have Black or White and can access the Giant Chasm, feel free to verify this.

I wish you the best of luck in getting the servers ready to handle the mass of editors who will no doubt bombard them with Black/White-related edits the moment protection lifts. @_@ I do NOT envy your job.

-Alfador

Yes, that's right. After you have ten people refuse to come to your City/Forest.

The 33 which you gain in expanding the city are the 12 trainers (you can't fight the two always there if your City is empty) and a pile of shop clerks and residents etc..
That rather does suck if you're trying to get a specific item. =(

Does your guide say which trainers are responsible for which item in the market?

That rather does suck if you're trying to get a specific item. =(

Does your guide say which trainers are responsible for which item in the market?
Yes. I'll list them name/Black City item/price/White Forest item/White Forest Pokemon/likelihood of leaving Black City to cover everything in their tables.
Code:
Grace    Dawn Stone   10000 same        Bagon      Wooper   Very High*
Lena     Sun Stone    10000 same        Ralts      Wooper   Very High
Molly    Shiny Stone  10000 same        Azurill    Lotad    Very High
Britney  Rare Bone    30000 same        Hoppip     Surskit  High
Collin   Yellow Shard  3000 same        Abra       Lotad    High
Emi      Fluffy Tail  15000 Timer Ball  Happiny    Corphish High
Frederic Luxury Ball  50000 Honey       Budew      Wooper   High*
Gene     Big Mushroom 20000 same        Aron       Surskit  High
Jacques  Poke Doll    18000 Dive Ball   NidoranF   Lotad    High
Karenna  Leaf Stone   10000 same        Slakoth    Lotad    High
Miki     Max Repel     5000 Repeat Ball Togepi     Surskit  High
Pierce   Poke Ball    10000 same        Mareep     Surskit  High
Ralph    Water Stone  10000 same        Lotad      Surskit  High
Shane    Berry Juice   1500 Net Ball    Rhyhorn    Surskit  High
Silvia   Pearl         6000 Poke Ball   Wurmple    Surskit  High
Vincent  Fire Stone   10000 same        Magby      Corphish High
Carlos   Oval Stone   10000 same        Starly     Corphish Low
Dave     TinyMushroom  3000 same        Gastly     Surskit  Low
Doug     Red Shard     3000 same        Shinx      Lotad    Low
Eliza    Blue Shard    3000 same        Trapinch   Lotad    Low
Ken      Thunderstone 10000 same        NidoranM   Corphish Low
Leo      Stardust     10000 same        Pidgey     Surskit  Low
Lynette  Heart Scale  10000 same        Oddish     Surskit  Low
Marie    Green Shard   3000 same        Magnemite  Lotad    Low
Miho     Big Pearl    38000 Ultra Ball  Seedot     Surskit  Low
Piper    Star Piece   48000 Nest Ball   Bellsprout Surskit  Low
Robbie   Fresh Water   1000 Great Ball  Elekid     Surskit  Low
Ryder    Nugget       50000 Quick Ball  Machop     Lotad    Low
Herman   Dusk Stone   10000 same        Porygon    Wooper   Very Low
Rosa     Moon Stone   10000 same        Whismur    Lotad    Very Low

I haven't included the items twice where items are the same between the two games, instead labeling 'same', (interestingly it seems like the only item exclusive to White Forest then is Honey?) nor the Likelihood of leaving White Forest, because there are three simple patterns you can find it by.
They are that everyone's behaviour is one of these:
* Very High in one game, Very Low in the other
* High in one game, Low in the other
* Very High in one game, High in the other (this one only two people have, and I've marked them with a * on the above chart)

EDIT: Thanks to ArcToraphim, I found out that two listings of Pokemon were swapped around, I've now gone through and fixed them and rechecked everything.

Last edited:
Hi ikarishipper900,

This was, I believe, noted before the English release. Looks like we forgot to change it in at least one place. Whoops!

Oh gotcha. I was actually really surprised there was something on the site for me to add; you guys are really thorough. :) Will this be fixed soon?

Also:

On Alder's page

"Alder carries nine Poké Balls due to him not understanding the Pokémon storage system. "

Where does this originate from?

I second this. I would like a source on this, because I don't think it's ever said in-game.

Thanks!

Hi ikarishipper900,

I meant to do that before but got distracted :/ The page has been fixed now.

I don't know about Alder's trivia point. I'm still in Castelia City :S

I'm pretty sure the source for that is the Nintendo Dream magazine. We got a few interesting facts about other NPCs from that too, IIRC.

Would it be possible to mention that in the article? I went through the game looking for the mention and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there.

Thanks!

So Grace is Very High to leave in Black City, but High to leave in White Forest?
And Frederic is High to leave in Black City, but Very High to leave in White Forest?
Yes, that's right.

Also, somebody can't romanise. "ie Rukana" should be "ieru kana". The current romanisation translates to something like "The Pokemon House Rukana? BW".

Also, on the Pikachu shorts page, as quite a few of the screenshots are Widescreen, they should probably be tagged as such so that they don't show up small. The ones this affects are 4, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 20. (It would also affect 7 and 11, but their screenshots are cropped to 4:3 :\)
Also, PK05 and PK06 should have the English airdate filled in with the US DVD or video release, since currently the article has the double-standard of using Japanese VHS releases rather than airings, but not American DVD or video releases.

Some of the Winter Vacation PK articles also make the error of calling the Japanese VHS ''broadcast''s, which perhaps someone could fix. Pokeani lists first terrestrial broadcast dates for 5 of the 7, which makes me wonder if the other two ever got terrestrial broadcasts. (They have had satellite and cable broadcasts, but I can't say if the dates I find are the *first* satellite and cable broadcasts.)

Last edited:
Please pardon statements made from ignorance. I've had an account on Bulbapedia for a few months, but haven't been involved enough to be able to claim experience.

Here's what I know:
1. Editing is currently locked due to B/W server stress.
2. Users are told to use the preview button to avoid unnecessary writes to the databases.

Would some sort of 'virtual-only' Sandbox, where the only option is to preview the current "edit", be akin to the stress of fully allowing site-wide editing?

For example, say a user is working on transforming a page from a stub. Would it be possible to have a preview-only editing mode, where they can see the result of their current page/wikicode, copy-pasting the contents to their local computer to save for when Bulbapedia is unlocked? That way, the user can work on the content now (which they may not have time for later) and have it ready for immediate update once the wiki's unlocked.

No database writes would be made; but I've also seen a statement that locking is done to cut down on page loads, which I'd think would be the same regardless of the fact that "it's just a preview".

Please pardon statements made from ignorance. I've had an account on Bulbapedia for a few months, but haven't been involved enough to be able to claim experience.

Here's what I know:
1. Editing is currently locked due to B/W server stress.
2. Users are told to use the preview button to avoid unnecessary writes to the databases.

Would some sort of 'virtual-only' Sandbox, where the only option is to preview the current "edit", be akin to the stress of fully allowing site-wide editing?

For example, say a user is working on transforming a page from a stub. Would it be possible to have a preview-only editing mode, where they can see the result of their current page/wikicode, copy-pasting the contents to their local computer to save for when Bulbapedia is unlocked? That way, the user can work on the content now (which they may not have time for later) and have it ready for immediate update once the wiki's unlocked.

No database writes would be made; but I've also seen a statement that locking is done to cut down on page loads, which I'd think would be the same regardless of the fact that "it's just a preview".
While that would be nice, I don't think it's possible. Previewing certainly uses less server resources than an edit. However the way MediaWiki seems to be set up, you can only preview an edit which you can save.

It might be possible to edit the CSS to remove the save page button... I know you can do it for delete etc; Wikipedia does that on their Main Page.

Back
Top Bottom