• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

Someone please add PP Up (Hidden) to http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Route_217#Items for DP (I dunno about Platinum). It's a little southwest of Ninjaboy Antonio.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Galactic_HQ#Items

In Diamond anyway, the scientist with the lvl. 37 Kadabra gives you 1776 Pokemon Dollars. And if you battle the last two on that list (the grunts) (as a double battle, but I guess you can do them individually; I don't have that info though) you get 2840.

Oh, and add the fact that you can encounter Grimer in Celadon City in FireRed/Leafgreen in Grimer's article. Or at least it says so on Celadon's article and Grimer's dex data.

*tries not to seethe*

Um, can we please mention somewhere, anywhere, that EVs don't exist in the mystery dungeon games? I just wasted a ton of time trying to EV-train tyrogues and I'd like to spare other people similar pain. Or worse pain for trying to EV-train their whole party.

mmkay, that's it for now. :spam:

Also, this is an extremely minor detail, but on http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Great_Marsh#Items under Area 2, shouldn't it be "Hidden 3 trees WEST from the rock in the top corner" instead of "Hidden 3 trees from the rock in the top corner"? I say this because generally on that page (and others) the locations seem to be a bit more specific.

Also also, under Area 3, the Ultra Ball is "Hidden WEST of the train stop"

All done. Thanks, guys.

No offense, guys, but I think this thread should be used more for suggestions and ideas to improve Bulbapedia, instead of editing minor things on various articles. For example, something like:

I think 'Template:MD Red color' to changed to (...), because it seems like it's a better color to represent the game.

or maybe:

I suggest we change the method of choosing Featured Articles to (...) because I think this method is better and more efficient than the current one.

since this is the suggestion/idea thread, not the "Please add/change/fix this" thread. :x

And now, I'd like to suggest that someone creates a separate thread where people currently without accounts can post new info and point out mistakes so others can fix up the articles with this new information.

I'd like to suggest some technical changes to improve performance/decrease bandwidth use:
* Use transparent HTTP compression (gzip) on Javascript and CSS files, and (on this forum) the HTML - you'd save 50kb for wiki visitors, and 200kb for forum visitors plus ~60-100kb for each forum page - and they'd load much faster. "AddOutputHandler DEFLATE text/plain text/html text/css text/javascript text/xml" should do it in Apache if the deflate module is loaded, else see link above.
* Add a very long cache time to site images/js/css that are not likely to change (or which can be easily changed by changing the path to them). /w/skins/ is a prime example - the images don't change, and the css/js is accessed with a version parameter so that when it does change when upgrading, the browser will redownload it. The favicon.ico, too.
I'm pretty sure those are VBulletin problems rather than Bulba problems.

I recall there once being an RSS thread ticker for other people to put on their websites to promote Bulbacast episodes. Seems to have gone since then, but I'd been wondering if there'd be any plans to create a similar widget for the Bulbanews RSS feed. I'd love to showcase news articles on my site but can't code for tofu, so if there were a pre-programmed ticker that could be slotted into a tag, that'd be awesome =)

I'm pretty sure those are VBulletin problems rather than Bulba problems.
No, they are server configuration changes, only one of which specifically relates to the Bulbagarden Forums. The forum software can choose to gzip its output, but it is not the only way to achieve that, and it is probably better to do so at the server level if you have access to the server.

All other suggestions apply equally to the forum and the wiki. Telling the server to compress Javascript or CSS is an Apache-level directive.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

there is a conflict in the regigigas bulbapedia page and the History of the pokemon world page, the conflict is about the creation of the regi trio, one says humans created the regitrio, the other says regigigas created the regitrio,

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Regigigas_(Pokémon)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/History_of_the_Pokémon_world

the myth and legend page has a possible connection between the two

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Myths_and_legends_involving_legendary_Pokémon

I think that the Amity Square article needs to be updated for Pokemon Platinum, due to the fact that the programmers seem to have changed what can be picked up by certain Pokemon, as well as the Accessories/Berries themselves. They also added the three Starter chains that can pick up Accessories/Berries as well.

For example: Drifloon in Platinum can now pick up Pink Scale, White Feather, Blue Feather, Thin Mushroom, White Beard, and Magost Berry in addition to the Black Beard it originally could in D/P.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tucker

I propose if it's not already in the making, that in the anime sections of every COTD or otherwise any non notable Pokemon be worked out like Tucker's Anime Pokemon section. Because I really like it, and its a shame only a few pages have this type of layout.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tucker

I propose if it's not already in the making, that in the anime sections of every COTD or otherwise any non notable Pokemon be worked out like Tucker's Anime Pokemon section. Because I really like it, and its a shame only a few pages have this type of layout.

Slowly on that.

http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/2907644.html

I agree that there needs to be some sort of explanation on the counter. I thought so even before that person posted this (I don't know how to add to the counter. Same with Bulbanews. At least use the counter to link to the HGSS article.

Is it an idea to work with quotes? Just placing some quotes on a episode of Pokémon for example.

Yea, I got one

Change pokemon TRADE CENTER

To

Pokemon TRADING CENTER

pokemon trading center

Yea, I got one

Change pokemon TRADE CENTER

To

Pokemon TRADING CENTER

pokemon trading center

This is Bulbapedia suggestions. You want Bulbagarden suggestions which is here. But that doesn't make much sense. After all, GTS doesn't stand for Global Trading Station, does it?

Last edited:

Guys. I've been adding a few XD/Colo trainer class headshot images to the archives, and that's all hunky dory. My problem is I can't for the life of me figure how to add the things to their respective articles. Help is appreciated

Guys. I've been adding a few XD/Colo trainer class headshot images to the archives, and that's all hunky dory. My problem is I can't for the life of me figure how to add the things to their respective articles. Help is appreciated

[[Image:FILENAME|LEFT/RIGHT|thumb|PICTURE DESCRIPTION]]

so an example would be

[[Image:XD hunter.png|right|thumb|A hunter from Colosseum.]]

as seen here.

Last edited:

Actually, that guy's from XD, but thanx

I would like trying modifying some of the movie page information to better fill them.

One of the most specific ideas I have is to flesh out the "Featured Pokémon" section and add a "Guest Characters" section. The new "Featured Pokémon" section would give the names, voice actors (if known) and short profiles of each, such as this:

Heatran (voiced by: Kenta Miyake): Heatran is a Pokémon that serves Gishin during the ancient past. It is controlled by Gishin's brainwashing armor and, once freed, turns against its master.

...therefore filling two objectives: making the movie page itself more informative, and giving specific information on a movie Pokémon that doesn't have enough to warrant its own page (such as the aforementioned Heatran as well as Kyogre and Regigigas)

The "Guest Characters" section would work similarly, giving short profiles and links to the character's main page.

I'm suggesting having pronounciations of each page. A lot of people pronounce Pokémon's names wrong. I think it would really help. Plus I recently acquired a book that lists all the pronounciations for every Pokémon except Arceus. Good idea?

Back
Top Bottom