• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

We're not going to entertain this idea anymore. They're Legendary Pokemon and that is how it's staying.

Why? At least give a proper reason for it.

Because they are Legendary Pokemon. That's why. There is no reason to rename because one person's opinion thinks it's wrong when it isn't. They've been Legendary since their respective beginnings and just because you think their origin makes them different that they should be renamed.

It's not going to happen. Period.

Note that we capitalize Legendary. It's a proper noun and a category; it would be like selling a bottled water called Blue Water. Does it have to meet the definition of "blue"? No.

Furthermore, all Legendary Pokemon are in a legend, or otherwise "of legend."

Note that we capitalize Legendary. It's a proper noun and a category; it would be like selling a bottled water called Blue Water. Does it have to meet the definition of "blue"? No.

Furthermore, all Legendary Pokemon are in a legend, or otherwise "of legend."

We've been capitalizing it during this conversation simply to denote a specific group of Pokemon. However, the word "legendary" isn't capitalized in any of the articles for these Pokemon, or even for the actual article on legendary Pokemon, outside of the title. That makes it an adjective, not a proper noun.

And there aren't any legends involving Mewtwo or Deoxys, or even Phione for that matter.

But if Sketch is really so adamant on not changing their title, fine. I won't pursue the matter anymore. I don't necessarily agree with anything that he's said, but it's not like I can do anything about it so whatever.

EDIT:
i was under the impression that Nintendo designated them as "Legendary" Pokemon
There are certain Pokemon that are referred to as legendary in game, such as the Legendary Birds, but to my knowledge, Mewtwo and Deoxys have never been referred to as such outside of fanon. I think the only reason Mewtwo was even considered a Legendary in the first place was because it was obtained the same way as the Birds in GenI.

Last edited:

Rellik, Nintendo calls them Legendaries. You have a problem with it, you take it up with them.

Rellik, Nintendo calls them Legendaries. You have a problem with it, you take it up with them.
Like I said, I let it go already. Though, I'd really love to see the source for that claim.

I'm pretty sure that the VGC website listed those that were banned (as in, everything with a BST of 680, the event legendaries, and Arceus (who wasn't yet revealed) as "legendary".

I'm pretty sure that the VGC website listed those that were banned (as in, everything with a BST of 680, the event legendaries, and Arceus (who wasn't yet revealed) as "legendary".
From the Official Regulations from the 2009 Video Game Championships website:

Pokémon Restrictions:

Players may use Pokémon found in the Pokémon™ Platinum Version National Pokédex, between 001 and 492, including those Pokémon imported from earlier video games, with the exception of those Pokémon listed below.

The following Pokémon are ineligible for use in the tournament:
150 – Mewtwo 386 – Deoxys
151 – Mew 479 – Rotom
248 – Tyranitar 483 – Dialga
249 – Lugia 484 – Palkia
250 – Ho-Oh 487 – Giratina
251 – Celebi 489 – Phione
382 – Kyogre 490 – Manaphy
383 – Groudon 491 – Darkrai
384 – Rayquaza 492 – Shaymin
385 – Jirachi 493 – Arceus

Unless it's mentioned somewhere else on the website, then that's a nope.

I believe this is the right place for this comment... I was noticing that when ever I went to other places linked from the bulbapedia main page, such as this area, the bulbagarden and the oekaki area that I had to register for all the areas separately, wouldn't it be simpler to just have one registration for all the areas?

I know this is phrased like a question but I intend it as a suggestion... and that's what this thread said it was for...

Regarding the pokemon pages, I've noticed two things that nudges me:

1) Are there any plans on adding another column to the move tables where the chance of them having a side effect is displayed? For instance, Headbutt has a 30% chance of flinching, so between the Acc. and PP column, the number 30 would be shown.

2) There are currently 5 learnset lists: leveling up, TM/HM, breeding, tutoring and special moves. But what of the moves that only can be taught at an earlier evolution? For instance, I was looking over Piloswine's and Mamoswine's learnsets today, and before admitting that they couldn't learn Ice Shard, I looked at Swinub's profile as well to see if he could learn it. And lo and behold, he could through leveling up. If this information had been displayed at its higher evolutions, I'd just saved myself one page to look through.

Same goes for other pokes such as Poliwrath and Ludicolo, where most of their own moves can only be taught at a pre-evolutionary stage.

Regarding the pokemon pages, I've noticed two things that nudges me:

1) Are there any plans on adding another column to the move tables where the chance of them having a side effect is displayed? For instance, Headbutt has a 30% chance of flinching, so between the Acc. and PP column, the number 30 would be shown.

2) There are currently 5 learnset lists: leveling up, TM/HM, breeding, tutoring and special moves. But what of the moves that only can be taught at an earlier evolution? For instance, I was looking over Piloswine's and Mamoswine's learnsets today, and before admitting that they couldn't learn Ice Shard, I looked at Swinub's profile as well to see if he could learn it. And lo and behold, he could through leveling up. If this information had been displayed at its higher evolutions, I'd just saved myself one page to look through.

Same goes for other pokes such as Poliwrath and Ludicolo, where most of their own moves can only be taught at a pre-evolutionary stage.

Effect percentage, that's a good idea for the next iteration of the movelists.

What, everyone thought I was gonna leave them be? C'mon, those are the most fluid parts of this wiki.

As for prevo-only moves... eeeehhhhhhh... I'm iffy on them being included on the page, at least in respective level-up and move tutor lists (because Dusknoir with DynamicPunch is legal)... maybe we can have a separate section, I dunno. We gotta figure something out before we throw it together...

As for the Archives glitch category... I mumble, grumble, and glare at our resident glitch enthusiasts... because some of the files are uploaded at bad names due to the often very odd names of the glitch Pokémon. I'm glad they're researching, but... yeah. We're trying to fix that category; been trying for a while... It might be irreversibly f'd up.

As for the Archives glitch category... I mumble, grumble, and glare at our resident glitch enthusiasts... because some of the files are uploaded at bad names due to the often very odd names of the glitch Pokémon. I'm glad they're researching, but... yeah. We're trying to fix that category; been trying for a while... It might be irreversibly f'd up.
Well, I just went on a big cleanup, and checked every image used in glitch articles and was going through the Game Screenshots category finding quite a few when I hit this, meaning that image(s) with a name past Vacuum Cut is screwing it up. That/those image(s) need to be found.

After much investigation, I found the error linked to File:ZZAZZGlitch.gif. I have no idea what was wrong, but it wasn't the filename. I moved the image, deleted the redirect, and found the problem occurred with the new filename.

It has now been removed. The damaged categories are now again accessible.

Now, I am fully aware that Bulbapedia/Bulbagarden is not a competitive website. I cannot stress that point enough. However, if a section could be included somewhere on the Pokemon's main page of something along the lines of "Competitive Viability", I think that would greatly enhance the site as a wiki/encyclopedia on Pokemon.

Obviously, we would not want to copy anything that Smogon or any other competitive site is doing, or use their tier systems, (unless however they want us to.) But I think, as an active reader and overall enjoyer of Pokemon, if some kind of competitive strategy or viability section was added to the Pokemon's main page, it would definately make the Encyclopedia more complete, especially since the site already has everything else under the sun, including Base stats, references to EV training, IVs and STAB, etc.

Obviously we would not be considered the epitomy of a competitive community, but, for example, if someone was curious as to which Pokemon is widely considered the best special wall in the game, they could quickly and easily discover that that is Blissey.

In Conclusion:
Competitive viability may not be the best choice of words for what I am trying to get across, I am simply trying to say to add a section to the Pokemon's page that explains unique strategies that that certain Pokemon possesses over others, and ways in which that Pokemon is meant to be used in a standard battle and the best way it is able to do that.

Would this be a valid trivia entry for Crobat's page?

Even though Crobat had always been illustrated with red pupils, HeartGold and SoulSilver are the first games in which its sprite actually shows this.

Also, I seem to be unable to add the Bulbapedia Search engine to Firefox.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom