• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

Pointing out something: sometimes when I click on the "diff" link to check an article that has been recently changed, sometimes the changes aren't reflected above when comparing the two revisions even though on the recent changes page, the page size has changed.

Pointing out something: sometimes when I click on the "diff" link to check an article that has been recently changed, sometimes the changes aren't reflected above when comparing the two revisions even though on the recent changes page, the page size has changed.

from the site issues thread:
while this is an extremely annoying problem, we are aware of it, and are working on it.

i agree, it's annoying as hell. >:[
one workaround i found is try clicking "undo" but then not actually undoing it... then you can basically see the changes backwards. :p

Last edited:

Does nobody else notice that on the main page the countdown says that there's just one day left til the release of HG/SS? when its clearly Friday right now and its not the 14th until TWO days from now? :/

1 Day and some-odd hours. Add the hours and minutes to your time (+1 for DST), it'll carry you to Saturday...then subtract the day. Sunday. That's it.

O.K, two things:
1. I noticed you didn't implement my comments about the Hebrew names of Meowth and Persian.
And 2. I just watched EP031 on Pokemon.com (Dig Those Diglett) and noticed something odd: when the rest of the trainers who were there to get rid of Diglett call out their Pokemon, one can be clearly heard as saying "Go, Porygon"; but Porygon wasn't introduced in any country outside of Japan due to the Seizure Episode.

Yeah, but for anime watchers he wasn't introduced. You have to realise that the anime's American producers planned the anime so it would fit for people how do not play the games or the TCG.

Have we ever considered ripping the over-world sprites for trainer pages and misc referencing? Because when there are bits of information like, "Although he cannot be battled, the Elder in the Dragon's Den has the same overworld sprite as the Elder in the Sprout Tower," it makes you wanna know what this over-world sprite looks like, especially if they don't have access to the game.

Here is the suggestion,
Please change this whole TR theme. Its getting lame and super annoying now.
Red and silver color is everywhere which is ANNOYING me a lot.
HGSS released yesterday.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE turn the FORUM THEME + ARCHIEVES + NEWS + BULBAPEDIA back to NORMAL.
Thank you.
Please.

Not as long as Master Apollo's got his grip on the place. As long as Wendy's continuing to show we're turning a profit (I seem to recall we just now recently got back in the black after whatever happened to poor Oca/Ōka/Orm/whatshisface), Master Apollo ain't loosening his grip anytime soon.

Granted, my keys to the main facility don't seem to be working, and nobody's spared me a working key as of yet...I wonder if Ken or Harry are willing to spare me theirs? I really need to get my maintenance done, I've already got a backlog...

Well, i decided not to read through 11 pages and i'm just gonna say it.

There is a paragraph in the character description of Ash Ketchum in the anime that says:

"In most episodes of the anime, especially those during the Johto League saga, Ash befriends someone who will influence him and cause him to strive to become a better Trainer. Although he is not a dependent individual, he is still young and has learned to make his way relying on his friends, particularly the maternal skills of Brock. The honor of "best friend" is usually reserved for Pikachu but Ash has come to see his closest human friends in the same light over time; using the term for Misty and Brock in Gotta Catch Ya Later as well as May and Max in Battling the Enemy Within."

When i checked the links to the episodes mentioned, i noticed that in each episode he sees Ho-Oh. Including the episode where he befriends pikachu, it can be safely said that:

When Ash first befriends his best friend Pikachu and when he uses the term "best friend" for Misty and Brock in Gotta Catch Ya Later as well as May and Max in Battling the Enemy Within, he sees Ho-Oh. That makes a total of three viewings. These are also the only moments that he has ever seen Ho-oh to date.

I figure this could be trivia for ash, appended to the character paragraph mentioned above, and/or added to Ho-oh's Anime description.

Well, i decided not to read through 11 pages and i'm just gonna say it.

There is a paragraph in the character description of Ash Ketchum in the anime that says:

"In most episodes of the anime, especially those during the Johto League saga, Ash befriends someone who will influence him and cause him to strive to become a better Trainer. Although he is not a dependent individual, he is still young and has learned to make his way relying on his friends, particularly the maternal skills of Brock. The honor of "best friend" is usually reserved for Pikachu but Ash has come to see his closest human friends in the same light over time; using the term for Misty and Brock in Gotta Catch Ya Later as well as May and Max in Battling the Enemy Within."

When i checked the links to the episodes mentioned, i noticed that in each episode he sees Ho-Oh. Including the episode where he befriends pikachu, it can be safely said that:

When Ash first befriends his best friend Pikachu and when he uses the term "best friend" for Misty and Brock in Gotta Catch Ya Later as well as May and Max in Battling the Enemy Within, he sees Ho-Oh. That makes a total of three viewings. These are also the only moments that he has ever seen Ho-oh to date.

I figure this could be trivia for ash, appended to the character paragraph mentioned above, and/or added to Ho-oh's Anime description.

That sounds like a very crufty pharagraph, any way you word it.

Pokémon walking sprites

Now that there's a whole new set of sprites for Pokémon following you, (from HGSS) I think that these sprites should be put on Pokémon articles, as its battle sprites are.

Re: Pokémon walking sprites

Now that there's a whole new set of sprites for Pokémon following you, (from HGSS) I think that these sprites should be put on Pokémon articles, as its battle sprites are.

This has been suggested already, we're working on it as far as I know.

Here's a suggestion for something that's needed a page for a long time, but only recently got a name:

The Easy Chat System.

That's what the HGSS guide calls the recent system of using a limited selection of words and phrases in mail, the Union Room, and elsewhere. I think Bulbapedia should have a page detailing, if not every phrase and word, then at least the categories of usable words and phrases.

the name itself should be listed somewhere, but we definitely dont need a page detailing all the words available because then we might as well post every single word in the game text. its just generic stuff like "hello" and "battle" along with trainer classes, Pokemon, abilities, etc.

I noticed that the DynamicPunch move page doesn't say that it can hit targets that are up in the air while using Fly, which (surprisingly enough) it can. Unless Blue's Machamp is using cheats =P

EDIT: Looking more into it, it's not that Dynamic Punch can hit pokemon up in the air, but that pokemon with No Guard can hit pokemon Flying or Digging, not just the other way around like the description says.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom