• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

Nothing can be done about that - the menu bar is simply too long to fit on the screen.

It should be able to be fixed though.

As Magnedeth said, it does indeed work for some (actually most) of the other skins properly so it must just be some sort of a coding error.

I'm reading bulbapedia for a while and I must say it is a great site. The only thing that is onfurtunate is that there isn't a dutch (nederlands) translation for anything. So my suggestion is that you're are gonna make one='D And if you do, I wanna help with translate, because yeah I'm dutch:p

Bulbapedia is an English-language wiki. The other-language Pokemon wikis are independently run, they are simply affiliated with Bulbapedia through Encyclopaediae Pokemonis.

If you want a Dutch-language Pokemon wiki, you'll have to go to the Dutch-speaking fandom and suggest they make one.

Oh. The spelling fooled me.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, it hasn't been changed on the wiki so probably not, but in Yellow Forest the surfing pikachu are supposed to only be female right? Well, I caught one that was male the other day, same berry, same attacks, same level but it was a male. Maybe it's not that they are all male or female maybe it's just that there is a really really high chance of it being male or female.

Extra Fact - This was wrong on serebii.net too so I'm wondering how everyone came to this conclusion...

Last edited:

I have an idea. How about on each character page, there is the character's respective over-world sprite and for each generation they appear in if they appear in more than one generation. Maybe do the same with pokemon as well.

I'm not entirely sure if this counts as a suggestion.
But there's a small rumour going around about the Premier Ball.
I don't know if this is the place to put this or not, but I wanted to bring it to your attention. Maybe you've heard it before, or could shed some light on it.

In theory, the Premier Ball has a higher capture rate amongst Legendaries. My friends brother heard this from a friend, and tried it himself against Suicune, and caught it with 5 balls, instead of the masses of Ultraballs. Other sources appear to be from youtube, where a Legendary trader named TrainerTheo, without the use of Gameshark or any other such device, manages to capture legends with Premier Balls much more effectively than others with Ultraballs.
He personally claims it's or Aesthetic value, but is there in fact a better capture rate for legends?

Maybe there can be some sort've mythbuster type deal to find out for sure~

I'm not entirely sure if this counts as a suggestion.
But there's a small rumour going around about the Premier Ball.
I don't know if this is the place to put this or not, but I wanted to bring it to your attention. Maybe you've heard it before, or could shed some light on it.

In theory, the Premier Ball has a higher capture rate amongst Legendaries. My friends brother heard this from a friend, and tried it himself against Suicune, and caught it with 5 balls, instead of the masses of Ultraballs. Other sources appear to be from youtube, where a Legendary trader named TrainerTheo, without the use of Gameshark or any other such device, manages to capture legends with Premier Balls much more effectively than others with Ultraballs.
He personally claims it's or Aesthetic value, but is there in fact a better capture rate for legends?

Maybe there can be some sort've mythbuster type deal to find out for sure~

Hmm... I personally have never heard this, and I know that people have caught Legendaries on the first try with Ultra Balls, too, of course. When it comes down to it, I think this is probably just coincidence.

If people documented every time someone caught a Legendary with the first Net Ball they threw, people would think Net Balls were good for catching Legendaries.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

That's interesting, considering the premier ball is really just a fancy pokeball.

That's interesting, considering the premier ball is really just a fancy pokeball.
But is there any way to actually /proove/ the capture rate of 1x o-o or was it just said somewhere officially XD;

How did they work out the mechanics for the heavy ball, anyway?

It's called hacking the game and reading the programming. We do a lot of that.

Ooooh~ Really?
So Premier ball literally /is/ just a pokéball with alternate colouring? Thanks for clearing it up c:

Re: Two things regarding Hareta's article

Can his signature pokemon be added to the disambiguation for Piplup?

Also, the image for his Minun is broken.
looks like Vinny took care of the re-direct, and the image has been fixed.
btw, next time, just use this thread for really small stuff.

also, yes, the Premier Ball is just a fancy Poke Ball, nothing else.

Hello, I love your site Bulbapedia, it is one of the most useful Pokemon resources out there, and after discovering it, I cannot play a game without my laptop nearby. I have one thing that I have always thought would make life a lot easier when planning out movesets and training plans for Pokemon. You have a list of all the learnable moves for every Pokemon in every generation, which is a great feat. However, I suggest consolidating these movesets into a list of learnable moves over entire evolution families instead of only for each individual Pokemon. This would be useful so trainers could see at which stage their Pokemon could learn a useful TM or see the benefits of waiting to evolve it a few levels later in order to learn a good move faster. This could perhaps be coupled with short articles on each family. I realize that this would be quite a long and tedious task, but I thank you for considering it nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom