• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

I notice the Trivia section of Zangoose saying

Despite being based on a mongoose, the Pokédex entry says that it is the "Cat Ferret Pokémon."

This statement is implying that the Pokedex entry is wrong but the entry is right because the Japanese species name is "Nekoitachi Pokemon". "Neko" means cat, and "itachi" mean ferret. "Nekoitachi" is another name for mongoose in Japanese. The English species name is a direct translation of the Japanese one hench the "Cat Ferret".

Every time I try to access Bulbanews I get 406 not acceptable and 404 not found errors. This has been ongoing for about 5 days? Give or take. Is this happening to only me or everyone, or what?

Every time I try to access Bulbanews I get 406 not acceptable and 404 not found errors. This has been ongoing for about 5 days? Give or take. Is this happening to only me or everyone, or what?

Hasn't happened to me yet.

For that matter, we need some standardization on formulas. There are several different formula fonts and styles that are in use on the 'pedia, and I just think it would be better and more professional to use the same thing everywhere.

I'll get on it myself, but only when I've got the green light from a staff member.

I haven't encountered anything and I've never seen a 406 on any Bulbagarden site. What browser are you using?

Hasn't happened to me yet.

For that matter, we need some standardization on formulas. There are several different formula fonts and styles that are in use on the 'pedia, and I just think it would be better and more professional to use the same thing everywhere.

I'll get on it myself, but only when I've got the green light from a staff member.

The reason the formulas all look different is because they're images, not proper code and it's hard to get them standardized because the images are all different sizes. Bulbapedia doesn't have html math tags enabled :(

Put simply, I think we should include a section (where necessary) that covers moves that can be learned by a previous evolution of a Pokemon. For instance, Raichu can legally know Slam, but it has to learn it as a Pikachu. As a result, Raichu's article is missing a number of moves it can potentially know, and to me this makes it seem incomplete.

Then we have to put Gen III moves, like DynamicPunch, on Dusknoir and Ambipom. It'd be too complex, and people would start putting in "by glitch" or some stupid crap.

The reason the formulas all look different is because they're images, not proper code and it's hard to get them standardized because the images are all different sizes. Bulbapedia doesn't have html math tags enabled :(

Oh, it's fine that they're different sizes. It's just that they should be using the same fonts and stuff.

(And when will the HTML math tags be enabled/supported? Any word on that yet? It was an issue three months ago too, with the trainer payouts, remember?)

And while they're not, for the time being, we should be using the same font everywhere. Can I go ahead and change the formulas that don't use the default LaTeX font to ones that do? (There are just a few of those.)

But if you want to see what moves a Raichu could have legitmately... wouldn't you just look at Pikachu or Pichu?

I guess some people are lazy. I always thought Kakuna could only learn Harden until I got one that had Poison Sting, evolved from a Weedle.

Prior to this, I thought that a Pokemon would lose moves that it couldn't learn in its evolved form when it evolved. XD

Yeah, but glitches are glitches. These are legitimate moves.

Well what do you propose we name the section? I mean, dammit, this'd more or less list ALL of Pichu's moves on Pikachu and Raichu's pages, and all of Pikachu's on Raichu's. And how would we do it? List them alphabetically, like egg moves? Hell, how about for the egg moves for stuff like Chingling, which are different from their evos? And what order on the page? Before level up? After egg moves?

When planning out a Pokémon, I personally see what I can get for it in any unevolved form. AND YES, I DO PLAN THEM OUT.

"Moves from pre-evolutions" sounds good to me. And only do the exclusive ones. I suggest listing them in order of level. After breeding and before tutoring.

Umeko's one is alright, but the anisprites give me a headache.

Okay so what about, say, Pokémon that have moves their prevo can only learn by level up in Gen III? Do we STILL list them in Gen V? Same for MT moves, and so on. What about Gen I TMs in Gen II?

Just wanna say that I think my table thing is too big and unwieldy to actually be put into use - which is why it has silently stayed where it is. It was just so much work that I didn't want to get rid of it. :p

I think it's fine how it is, it just takes a second to check the pre-evolution's page.

but if your volenteering to make a chart for all pokémon, I'm cool with that.

Back
Top Bottom