• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

Some of the 'height' values in the Pokedex actually refer to length anyway, so a sizing algorithm would still be problematic for Pokemon like Arbok - and, indeed, Wailord, which seems to be 47 feet long, not 47 feet high.

And Rayquaza. But that measurement is inaccurate anyway. An adult Rayquaza is at least 12 m long (as it's shown in the anime), whereas in the Pokedex entry, it's only 7 m long.

anime =/= games. The anime never keeps the same height and weight that are listed in the games. That's why Ash can carry a Hippopotas on his head.

anime =/= games. The anime never keeps the same height and weight that are listed in the games.

Probably 'cause the heights and weights in the games are bogus.

I'm not sure why we need a size comparison, anyway.

I think there should be a new page called "Signature Abilities." It would list abilities that are or were exclusive to one pokemon/pokemon line. Also, abilities that are signature abilities would have a blurb that says "It is the signature ability of (insert Pokemon/Pokemon line here)." and abilities that were signature in previous generations would say "Up until (insert generation the ability became non-signature), it was (insert Pokemon/Pokemon line here)'s signature ability."
For example: Crush Grip would say "It is the signature ability of Regigigas."
An example for a previous signature ability would be Klutz (due to Koromori being revealed to have it as one of its two abilities) and it would say "Up until Generation V, it was the Buneary line's signature move" or "Up until Generation V, it was Buneary and Lopunny's signature move."

I think there should be a new page called "Signature Abilities." It would list abilities that are or were exclusive to one pokemon/pokemon line. Also, abilities that are signature abilities would have a blurb that says "It is the signature ability of (insert Pokemon/Pokemon line here)." and abilities that were signature in previous generations would say "Up until (insert generation the ability became non-signature), it was (insert Pokemon/Pokemon line here)'s signature ability."
For example: Crush Grip would say "It is the signature ability of Regigigas."
An example for a previous signature ability would be Klutz (due to Koromori being revealed to have it as one of its two abilities) and it would say "Up until Generation V, it was the Buneary line's signature move" or "Up until Generation V, it was Buneary and Lopunny's signature move."
Crush Grip is a move, not an ability. There's already a page for [bp=Signature_move]signature moves[/bp] and [bp=Signature_ability]signature abilities[/bp].

Crush Grip is a move, not an ability. There's already a page for [bp=Signature_move]signature moves[/bp] and [bp=Signature_ability]signature abilities[/bp].

I meant Slow Start. I didn't know about the Signature Ability page, though. Thanks for pointing it out.

Probably 'cause the heights and weights in the games are bogus.

I'm not sure why we need a size comparison, anyway.
the game weights are particularly horrible when you compare the heaviest Pokemon of them all, Groudon, to a real world object, like a mid '90s Ford Aspire compact car. apparently Groudon weighs about the same as that little car.

Protonic semiconductor. Keep that in mind for when we unlock editing. It won't be too long.

As for the size comparison, the problem there is the problem I stated before: it uses images. I don't exactly want to upload some 2000 images to the Archives (Lucas, Dawn, Ethan, Lyra) just for this. If we could figure out the sizing algorithm they use, then sure, I'm all for it.
While I'm not suggesting we steal anything, Veekun has managed to do it somehow. Also, I'm surprised that we don't have a page on Veekun, considering how much we link there on our Pokémon and move pages. Example.

the game weights are particularly horrible when you compare the heaviest Pokemon of them all, Groudon, to a real world object, like a mid '90s Ford Aspire compact car. apparently Groudon weighs about the same as that little car.

How is that horrible? Groudon's about the size of that car as well.

How is that horrible? Groudon's about the size of that car as well.

No, he's much bigger. About 4 times the size, at least. Not to mention he's made of denser material.

And a blue whale in real life weighs about 150 tons, yet a Wailord only weighs 398 kg. Granted, it's also about 25 m long while a Wailord is only 14 m, but if we divide accordingly, we get an adjusted weight of about 26 tons. Still way too much.

I imagine the weights are only like that to keep the power of moves like Low Kick in check. (No, wait, it's at set intervals. Never mind.)

Last edited:

Just a suggestion. Why is there currently no summarised article on the location of pokemon in the various games. Sure it says it on each separate page, but it would make it easier if there was a summary for each game.

Just a suggestion. Why is there currently no summarised article on the location of pokemon in the various games. Sure it says it on each separate page, but it would make it easier if there was a summary for each game.

Probably because there's too much info to include. There are about 50, probably even more, locations in each game where Pokemon can be found. Such an article would be longer than the longest article currently found on the 'pedia.

I mean, it's not a pain in the ass to actually make the page, but it would be to navigate it. and perhaps hard on the eyes, because less than 1/2 the page's width would be taken up (at least on my 1366 x 768 screen).

Probably because there's too much info to include.

It could be created into brackets of pokemon from 1-50,51-100,101-151, etc...

Plus, it would only contain a small amount of data for each pokemon , just locations for that game.

Plus, it would only contain a small amount of data for each pokemon, just locations for that game.

That small amount of data takes up a whole infobox. Multiply that by 493, and oh man have you got a long page.

Not to mention all the locations should be listed on the species page anyway. If you are looking for where to find a particular Pokémon then just go to that Pokémon's page. For example, on Zubat's page.

Not to mention all the locations should be listed on the species page anyway.

He said that he knew they were on the page, but whether there was just a conglomerate location where it could be found.

I don't know why he'd want it either, but you're saying something he's already addressed.

He said that he knew they were on the page, but whether there was just a conglomerate location where it could be found.

I don't know why he'd want it either, but you're saying something he's already addressed.
I fail.

No, there isn't a conglomerate location, and nor is there likely to be. Like Zeukrom says, it would just be far too long, and require too many pages to be practical. Use the list of Pokémon by in-game availability to see if it is available in that game, and then look at the species page of the ones you want.

You know what we should have on the Trainer infoboxes? Their quotes.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but Firefox has a plugin for searching. I have one for google [default], Wikipedia EN, imdb, Dictionary, et cetera. I've really wanted one for Bulbapedia. Opening a new tab by clicking on something random on the page I'm looking at, waiting for that to load, and then typing in the search is annoying to me. Mostly because Bulbapedia is slow on my computer.

Also, on Wikipedia, when you search something that can mean more than one thing it'll say, "For other blahs of _____, go to the *link*Disambiguation page." or something. My friends and I agree it's really [really] annoying to search Charizard and see "A Pokémon belonging to ..." x4 and a ton of other stuff. We'd rather have it be like Wikipedia and just take us to the normal Charizard page and have the link to a disambig up top.

Just my two nickels.

Actually, Wikipedia does have plenty of pure disambiguation pages: See the pages on Cell and Labour Party, for example. While I agree the current system employed by Bulbapedia can be cumbersome, it does seem to be the lesser of several evils given the nature of the series.

Back
Top Bottom