• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

It's Cynthia's Garchomp. That's why it's used.

And I was going to say how that seemed like a coincidence too, that it was the same level as Cynthia's Garchomp in Platinum. Except that I kind of screwed that over with Garchomp holding an Earth Plate in the second example. In the actual games, it's holding a Sitrus Berry.

Actually, those are the only two pages that use them - the Experience and Damage pages, and I was the one who added the example on the Experience page.

I say we make it a generic level 78 Garchomp, just for fun.

503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request.

Half of the time I click on anything on this forum, I get this message and I have to hit "Back" and click again.

Half of the time I click on anything on this forum, I get this message and I have to hit "Back" and click again.

That's a server load error. There are loads of people who have this problem, myself included.

Nooooot a Bulbapedia issue. In fact, it's better than one. Because the wiki's not throwing 504's anymore!

Been getting this a few times too, I think its because of a lot of people on the forums, slows the server down a lot. (remeber back when Platinum was close to being released, there was 503 errors all over the place...or was that HGSS? Still it was to do with loads of people coming onto the forum)

Do we really need an article/chracter title known as character of the day?
Instead of Saying: Mr. Blabla is a character of the day
It should be: Mr. blabla is a chracter who only appears once in the entire anime.
Becuase, "of the day" is ussaully refering to something exclusive or specail for the day. And anime episodes air weekly, so "character of the day" makes absolutley no sense.
Besides, its all together uneeded. Also, it's much saying "Mr blaba is a character of the day" just sounds off.

Last edited:

It should be: Mr. blabla is a chracter who only appears once in the entire anime.
Becuase, "of the day" is ussaully refering to something exclusive or specail for the day. And anime episodes air weekly, so "character of the day" makes absolutley no sense.
Besides, its all together uneeded. Also, it's much saying "Mr blaba is a character of the day" just sounds off.

Character of the day is a common term to describe these characters. It's not one that we just made up.

Yes we need it. And a restaurant's soup of the day isn't going to be a soup that's featured on a set schedule sometimes. I mean, sure, some restaurants go by a weekly schedule, but sometimes, they're random. Like CotDs.

Yeah, but if you read my example, you can see just how less confusing it is.

Character of the Day means exactly that: they only showed up once.

Would it be possible to add a "do you mean ___" feature to Bulbapedia, for whenever you misspell what you're trying to search?

That would have to be a MediaWiki extension rather than something we can just magically change. If it exists, we can try install it.

Oh I'd love that, especially for Pokémon names... Then we'd need no stupid redirects from fail misspellings.

Oh I'd love that, especially for Pokémon names... Then we'd need no stupid redirects from fail misspellings.

They have such a system on Wikipedia. If your server is stable (I presume all those switch statements are only in the templates, not the PHP files themselves), I don't see why it would be that hard.

They have such a system on Wikipedia. If your server is stable (I presume all those switch statements are only in the templates, not the PHP files themselves), I don't see why it would be that hard.

Oh Zekky. I wish. I do so wish.

I take it the server can't handle much else? (It is probably just an extension.)

No I mean the PHP files have switches. And that wasn't my idea.

Okay, I realize we have a lot on our plate now (and will have even more to deal with once Black and White come out), but has anyone on the wiki attempted to create a mobile version of Bulbapedia yet? I know it was suggested during that whole debacle about a paid app using our articles, but I haven't heard anything about it since. I understand that that could raise issues with the server (and it has enough already), but it'd make me feel good to know that, should the server ever become capable of hosting such a site, we would have something ready to implement.

To AndyPKMN
I am probably about to sound really stupid; but I am sure that my work PDA, and the new SonyEricson touch phone both use a version of mobile web brouser and although it is a bit slow, I can check Bulbipedia both from work, and with the phone.

Back
Top Bottom