• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

For the userspace policy, to clear up the confusion with time zones, how 'bout let's put "For any instance of four edits to the userspace, the earliest and last edit should have a temporal distance of at least 24 hours."

This has been discussed before; it was decided to simply use server time given we have that handy-dandy clock up in the top corner.

A quick suggestion/query since I'm in the middle of trawling through learnsets looking for oddities...

I notice we currently have Shadow Pokemon and their game-exclusive moves listed in the main articles even though they're only compatible with Gen III. I've no real objection to this, but I notice this info is not included in the learnset subpages for Gen III. This seems a bit weird: if I want a Mawile with Sing, I have to get it from XD, a Gen III game, and yet at the moment we're not classing Sing as a Gen III move.

Okay, I realize we have a lot on our plate now (and will have even more to deal with once Black and White come out), but has anyone on the wiki attempted to create a mobile version of Bulbapedia yet? I know it was suggested during that whole debacle about a paid app using our articles, but I haven't heard anything about it since. I understand that that could raise issues with the server (and it has enough already), but it'd make me feel good to know that, should the server ever become capable of hosting such a site, we would have something ready to implement.
I tried on Bulbanews, but it failed. It seems that right now you have to go though some other site. What was it called now?

On a similar subject, iPhone icons. Also needed soon.

A quick suggestion/query since I'm in the middle of trawling through learnsets looking for oddities...

I notice we currently have Shadow Pokemon and their game-exclusive moves listed in the main articles even though they're only compatible with Gen III. I've no real objection to this, but I notice this info is not included in the learnset subpages for Gen III. This seems a bit weird: if I want a Mawile with Sing, I have to get it from XD, a Gen III game, and yet at the moment we're not classing Sing as a Gen III move.

Yeah, we can do that with the learnset revamp.

im really looking forward to the pokedex app for ipods, but how about one for zunes?

im really looking forward to the pokedex app for ipods, but how about one for zunes?
A) There's no PokeDex app coming out for iPods by Bulbagarden.
B) Neither is there for Zunes.

EDIT: Might there be a way on the TCG pages to put if the card is currently Modified-legal? A simple set switch should be good for most, and we'd just have to edit the reprint pages. I'll try to get something working in the userspace.

EDIT 2: Forgot the templates are mixed. How about an auto-categorization into, say, Category:Modified-legal cards?

Last edited:

Amity Medow has been released as a WIFI event in Japan. I don't know if y'all are waiting for an announcement about a US/PAL release to change the article, but if you aren't, then that should be changed. I'm sorry, I don't know wikicode so I can't really do any actual work on the 'pedia.

Actually there is, but it's not like HTML or anything. Just base it off another page. It's how you learn.

This has probably been brought up before, but how come we can't add speculation in articles? We could say something like "It is speculated that..." or something like that. On Shellos' page, it says that fans speculated it was a pre-evo of Lapras. Why can't we put speculation like that if we explain that it is? I mean, all the origin and name origin stuff is speculation anyways, isn't it?

This has probably been brought up before, but how come we can't add speculation in articles? We could say something like "It is speculated that..." or something like that. On Shellos' page, it says that fans speculated it was a pre-evo of Lapras. Why can't we put speculation like that if we explain that it is? I mean, all the origin and name origin stuff is speculation anyways, isn't it?

We don't generally include speculation on pages, whether it's marked as such or not. We might include it after the fact of the matter, as a hind thought to what the speculation was like, but not when the speculation itself is currently going on and the actual facts are not available.

Also, speculation is a weasel word.

Well, isn't name origin and stuff speculation?
Even if it's obvious sometimes?

Not the same kind of speculation.

That's the difference between saying after The Greatest Everyday that Monferno was going to evolve and saying that Ash was gonna catch Buizel (he traded for it, remember).

Well, isn't name origin and stuff speculation?
Even if it's obvious sometimes?

The difference between this type of speculation and the speculation we're guarding against is that the speculation we're trying to avoid is for information that we know will be revealed, but hasn't been revealed yet.

Stuff like name origin is information that will most probably never be revealed, or never existed in the first place.

It won't be revealed until we get to talk to Satoshi Tajiri himself.

It won't be revealed until we get to talk to Satoshi Tajiri himself.

Don't you mean Ken Sugimori? Well, I guess Tsunekazu Ishihara created Mew, but...

The Shellos - Lapras bit was a misconception from the release of Diamond and Pearl in Japan. That's why it's notable as triva... but I only recall Serebii.net saying that it was a pre-evolution...

Why doesn't the table on this page have round edges, like most of the other tables?

Back
Top Bottom