• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

Uhmmm. Probably 30%. Since it's always either 10, 30, 50, or 100%.

You mean for any secondary effect, or just Toxic? Because I think there are quite a few moves that have a 20% chance of inflicting a secondary effect.

If not, then GF needs to consider that option. Badly.

Umm, whilst looking through Bulbapedia, I noticed on the Focus Blast Move Page, it states Abomasnow as just Grass Type. I thought it was also Ice Type too.

You do know that you can edit it yourself right? Anyways, I've fixed it.

On another website i discovered an interesting trivia that Mars hair resemble
a toxicroak's head whereas Saturn's hair resembles purugly's head.Also, Jupiter hair is very similar to a medicham's head.

I don't have an account on bulbapedia but even if i had one i don't know how to make edits so i posted this trivia here.

On another website i discovered an interesting trivia that Mars hair resemble
a toxicroak's head whereas Saturn's hair resembles purugly's head.Also, Jupiter hair is very similar to a medicham's head.

I don't have an account on bulbapedia but even if i had one i don't know how to make edits so i posted this trivia here.
It's all speculation.

Re: Official Bulbagarden Archives suggestion/idea/problem thread

I think there may be another attack on Bulbapedia. There is a lot of new red text on Silver(Game)'s page. I read up on the previous attacks earlier today, and it looks similar.
....I'm new, just thought I point out something suspicious.

I think there may be another attack on Bulbapedia. There is a lot of new red text on Silver(Game)'s page. I read up on the previous attacks earlier today, and it looks similar.
....I'm new, just thought I point out something suspicious.

Well, first of all, wrong thread (should be in Bulbapedia s/i/p thread, not the Archives), but I don't see the red text that you're talking about. Which revision is it?

*edit* Oh no, I saw it in another revision. The templates got screwed up or something.

Well, first of all, wrong thread (should be in Bulbapedia s/i/p thread, not the Archives), but I don't see the red text that you're talking about. Which revision is it?

*edit* Oh no, I saw it in another revision. The templates got screwed up or something.

We went over the template include size.

So to fix it, did you just increase the limit or something?
The limit's hard coded into the mediawiki software (I believe), so backend powers would be required to change it, if it is even possible. In any case, just increasing the limit isn't the best idea, it's set for a reason.

TTE fixed it by changing it so it calls the subtemplates directly, rather than calling a main template, which then that calls a subtemplate. In other words it looks the same, but uses fewer templates, so it doesn't break.

A similar thing happened to Arceus a while ago, which had to be fixed by moving some of the templates to subpages.

This would happen a lot more often if we used subtemplates as often as we used to.

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

\\\
~Dear Bulbapedia,
I would like to suggest something that has been discussed before. It's about POKeMON name pronounciation. Which unless every POKeFan watches the anime series, can be extremely confusing.

Like the POKeMON Shellos.**

I had lived 3 years of my life pronouncing it Shell-Los

**but silly me right? i was only reading it the way it was written.
In actuality it's pronounced: Shell-Ah-s.** :-/

Not to mention how a good portion of fans still say Rayquaza's name wrong :sweat:

I think there should be a small speaker on each page by the name of
each POKeMON's name. Similar to how http://dictionary.reference.com/
does for each word.

Just some food for thought because i watch the anime (boring)
just to learn how to say the monster in question's name correctly. :banghead:
It would be a huge help to our minds if we could use our favorite source to solve our pronunciation problem :shy:

So, basically an IPA entry in the infobox for Pronunciation?

The only problem with that is that it's inconsistent even in the anime. If we had an official pronunciation guide with us, we'd be using it.

Also, why are you typing "POKeMON" when you know that there's no accent on the "e"? The only reason it's done like that in the older games is because they couldn't be assed to include a capital É character in the charset.

Well i believe typing Pokemon as "POKeMON" is more appropriate since its not a word of its own technically. After Ruby and Sapphire it really just stuck. *my apologizes* :lol:

Though sometimes we encounter variance, it should be a problem tackled non the less. I hope you can see my point and my dilemma as well. More often than not the names ARE pronounced the same. I believe an IPA entry in the side box would look spiffy :shy:

And it would really help the encyclopedia side of bulbapedia as well as make it even more useful.

(honestly i just cant sit through the horrible story writing of the anime) :XD:

we had pronunciations for a lot of Pokemon, taken right from the Pokemon handbook. then we removed them because of the massive arguments that broke out about how some of them were just plain wrong. even then, pronunciations have changed between anime, games, and various other forms of media.

Arceus.

Nuff said.

I do wanna get the anime cries eventually... Japanese and English, but Archaic has said that that's of iffy legality...

I was wondering, is there a reason all of the Gen I Pokemon have their FRLG artwork switched with the low quality RB artwork?

Last edited:

I was wondering, is there a reason all of the Gen I Pokemon have their FRLG artwork switched with the low quality RB artwork?
TTE's just added some special coding so that on the anniversaries of the release of certain games, art from those games is shown. Today happens to be the anniversary of RB, which is also the reason for the main page design.

Back
Top Bottom