• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

Low-quality, pshuh. That's what I call classic.

Oh wow, I feel like less of a Pokemon fan for not knowing that now. :'(

back in my day, we didnt have fancy HD TVs and our gameboys were in monochrome!

I didn't even know about the Game Boy until the Game Boy Color came out. That's what I get for being an immigrant >_<

Also, I'm not calling it "Game Boy Colour" because it's never been called that.

I didn't even know about the Game Boy until the Game Boy Color came out. That's what I get for being an immigrant >_<
well, the joke is more referring to younger kids who never had an original Gameboy (i still have mine, and it works!). being an immigrant doesnt really count. we cant fault you for not being in the country.

I made a separate thread before seeing this thread. Any mod or admin can delete my thread asap

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=79016

And now my suggestions! :-D

First of all I want to say that the wikia is AMAZING!

Keep up the good work.

I don't like to complain but I thought I should mention two things I noticed recently.

1. The character Suzy

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Suzy

She's voiced by Leah Applebaum, or at least in her first appearance "Pokemon Fashion Flash" (Episode 28 of the Original Series)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP028

I just finished watching the episode "Beauty and the Breeder" (episode 169 of the Original Series). http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP169

I'm not 100% certain but it seems like there was a voice actor change for this character in this episode.

I can recognize Megan Hollingshead's voice almost instantly in any episode (or anime) she's in.

Unless Leah Applebaum somehow just sounds like Megan Hollingshead (in episode 169) I don't think she voiced Suzy in both episodes.

To find out for sure someone could always email Megan Hollingshead @ her official website or contact her on Facebook.

2. The Character Steven Stone

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Steven_Stone

In the character info bucket it says his voice actor is Jimmy Zoppi.

However in the voice actor section it says he was voiced by Andrew Paull.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Steven_Stone#Voice_actors

Then on Jimmy Zoppi's page it says he voiced Steven Stone.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jimmy_Zoppi

So who really voiced the character?

Seems that whenever character/voice actor info is edited or added (not just for this example), all "info areas" aren't being checked properly...

Otherwise you'll have confused visitors like myself. :ksmile:

Re: Some Advice for Bulbapedia Editors

Hi Jackson,

First of all I want to say that the wikia is AMAZING!

Please note that Bulbapedia is not part of Wikia and never will be. We are an independent wiki affiliated with NIWA (the Nintendo Independent Wiki Association) and Encyclopædiæ Pokémonis (a group of multi-language Pokémon wikis).

I don't know anything about voice acting though...

Re: Some Advice for Bulbapedia Editors

Please note that Bulbapedia is not part of Wikia and never will be. We are an independent wiki affiliated with NIWA (the Nintendo Independent Wiki Association) and Encyclopædiæ Pokémonis (a group of multi-language Pokémon wikis).

I was going to comment on this too, but I thought it would be spam.

I assume that this person just misspelled "wiki".

BTW, if you do want to go on Wikia for your Pokemon information, they do have a wiki for it. But it's nowhere near as organized or informative as Bulbapedia.

Would it be possible to get every different pokemon pronunciation in english that appears in the anime, and record all diferent pokemon cries from anime too? It would be interesing

well, the joke is more referring to younger kids who never had an original Gameboy (i still have mine, and it works!). being an immigrant doesnt really count. we cant fault you for not being in the country.

I remember the old GBA where instead of a backlight, you bought a book light sort of device that plugged into the Link Cable slot and hung over it like a Launtarn. I miss the good old days.

I remember the old GBA where instead of a backlight, you bought a book light sort of device that plugged into the Link Cable slot and hung over it like a Launtarn. I miss the good old days.
haha, yes, i actually have one of those as well.
i also know that mine takes 4 AAs. non of this rechargeable non-sense.

Would it be possible to get every different pokemon pronunciation in english that appears in the anime, and record all diferent pokemon cries from anime too? It would be interesing
These two quotes from the previous page sum that up pretty nicely.
we had pronunciations for a lot of Pokemon, taken right from the Pokemon handbook. then we removed them because of the massive arguments that broke out about how some of them were just plain wrong. even then, pronunciations have changed between anime, games, and various other forms of media.

I do wanna get the anime cries eventually... Japanese and English, but Archaic has said that that's of iffy legality...

In other words, we'd like to do both, but neither are really possible at the moment. Not to mention that the server blew up last time we tried to implement cries on the pages.

And that's just the game cries.

And Archaic hates when I bug him about it, and basically says that we'll try again maybe when BW hype dies off in October or November.

And that's just the game cries.

And Archaic hates when I bug him about it, and basically says that we'll try again maybe when BW hype dies off in October or November.

Personally, I don't see much of a reason to include the cries. (And what cries other than the game cries are we going to get, really? The anime cries aren't usually put into a sound sample by themselves.)

And if we do, could we please renovate the audio plugin... it looks horrible in Wikipedia too.

I mean, about the pronunciations, watching every episode/playing every game which the pokemon name is mentioned, and highlighting the one that was used recently.

How come the anime party templates were reverted back to their old designs?

Do you mean going back to the menu sprites again? Last I checked, overworld sprites don't work for everything. We don't have anything for Zoroark or Zorua.

Back
Top Bottom