• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

They can be fixed by using a little padding. I do agree though, they look a little horrible when they don't fit.

I dunno, I like the sprites 'jumping' out of the circle. The Stadium 2 art, though... needs to be better.

This is for the admins only, not for anybody who likes taking a jab at IE. Just a heads up, because I know it will happen.

Anyways, I just got a trojan virus from the ads. Bulbapedia was the only site I had open at the time, and I wasn't logged in, which is why the ads were showing. The trojan deletes the current day's browsing history so that it can't be tracked, and it tries to change the settings on the computer.

When I find it and delete/quarantine it, I'll post what type it is.

This is for the admins only, not for anybody who likes taking a jab at IE. Just a heads up, because I know it will happen.

Anyways, I just got a trojan virus from the ads. Bulbapedia was the only site I had open at the time, and I wasn't logged in, which is why the ads were showing. The trojan deletes the current day's browsing history so that it can't be tracked, and it tries to change the settings on the computer.

When I find it and delete/quarantine it, I'll post what type it is.

I think this belongs in the "Bad Ad Reporting Thread".

(Also, I've seen quite a few admins take a bash at IE, so the two aren't exclusive.)

I dunno, I like the sprites 'jumping' out of the circle. The Stadium 2 art, though... needs to be better.

I like it too, but some of the pictures are rectangular, meaning that they don't jump out as nicely.

The Stadium 2 art. Exactly.

I like it too, but some of the pictures are rectangular, meaning that they don't jump out as nicely.

The Stadium 2 art. Exactly.
Not just the Stadium art. The VS sprites, too.

"Jumping out" is one thing; the HGSS Firebreather looks fine only because it looks level with the GSC sprite. The Youngster sprites that are falling out of the bottom is a problem. Falkner and Whitney falling out of the bottom is ugly.

The unleveled sprites suddenly become lots more obvious, if they're not filling the circle.

I think this belongs in the "Bad Ad Reporting Thread".

(Also, I've seen quite a few admins take a bash at IE, so the two aren't exclusive.)

Yeah, I was in a rush when I posted that, so I didn't have time to find the exact thread. "Problems" was good enough at the time.

But I'll go post something about it in there now. Oh wait.... it's closed. :|

This is the BulbaPEDIA thread, not BulbaGARDEN.

Stop using IE.

So who thought this table for trainer class sprites was a good idea when it looks horrible since not all sprites /fit/ in the circles (making them look sloppy)

Some of our sprites aren't even sized right. Red's Gen I sprite isn't the 56x56 it's supposed to be, because whenever we got it, someone cropped down to the pixels of his body. We can't just make everything look crappy for them, though. We gotta fix the offending sprites, that's all.

Some of our sprites aren't even sized right. Red's Gen I sprite isn't the 56x56 it's supposed to be, because whenever we got it, someone cropped down to the pixels of his body. We can't just make everything look crappy for them, though. We gotta fix the offending sprites, that's all.
Pretty much believed if I came straight out and said that, I'd get lambasted with something like, "That's just how they are; there's no fixing them. What do you know?"

Good to know, then. Not that anyone's going to want to do it, if the reason is only to satisfy a new table. Because who wants to scour the pages simply looking for which ones look bad (which is at their judgment)?

I still like the blocky table, though (it didn't have this problem). Because what are you going to do for the Statium, Colo, XD, and Versus sprites so they aren't just awkwardly handing outside the circle without making the circle table look like shit?

Last edited:

Stop using IE.

What did I tell you.

"Jumping out" is one thing; the HGSS Firebreather looks fine only because it looks level with the GSC sprite. The Youngster sprites that are falling out of the bottom is a problem. Falkner and Whitney falling out of the bottom is ugly.

The unleveled sprites suddenly become lots more obvious, if they're not filling the circle.

Okay, I see what you mean.

If we can find a way to make all the sprites level, we'll be golden, right?

But I'll go post something about it in there now. Oh wait.... it's closed. :|

The one in the general Bulbagarden forum isn't. Report it there.

The ad was on Bulbapedia, if Hunter Blade isn't mistaken...

What did I tell you.

Yeah. But whatever, I'd expect that from TTE. But I'm on my mom's laptop, and so I'm not going to download anything else.

The ad was on Bulbapedia, if Hunter Blade isn't mistaken...

Yeah. I've been on Bulbapedia for a few years, Insomniac, so I know what I'm doing. And I don't know what you meant by that, because I'm pretty sure that the Pedia is the only Bulbagarden site that runs ads.

Suggestion: Modify Template:Route infobox (and other location templates) so that, if surf=yes, cut=yes, bike=yes, or similar is given as a parameter, the page is automatically added to Category:Areas that require Surf/Cut/Bicycle/etc. for navigation. Even better, use the Region parameter to instead add the page to Category:Areas in Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Isshu that require Foo for navigation. This will allow people to easily gauge the usefulness of the respective HM moves and the necessity of keeping a slave around, and players can also use this for looking up areas to go back to after unlocking HMs.

Suggestion: Modify Template:Route infobox (and other location templates) so that, if surf=yes, cut=yes, bike=yes, or similar is given as a parameter, the page is automatically added to Category:Areas that require Surf/Cut/Bicycle/etc. for navigation. Even better, use the Region parameter to instead add the page to Category:Areas in Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Isshu that require Foo for navigation. This will allow people to easily gauge the usefulness of the respective HM moves and the necessity of keeping a slave around, and players can also use this for looking up areas to go back to after unlocking HMs.
I'm no expert on UseModWiki (or whatever the language is called), but from what I gather, I don't think it's possible to add things to categories without actually editing the category page itself. I think it's possible to edit how templates look via categories, but not vice versa.
Then again, I'm no expert, and I've made quite a fool out of myself recently, so it wouldn't surprise me if it could be done.

I'm no expert on UseModWiki (or whatever the language is called), but from what I gather, I don't think it's possible to add things to categories without actually editing the category page itself. I think it's possible to edit how templates look via categories, but not vice versa.
Then again, I'm no expert, and I've made quite a fool out of myself recently, so it wouldn't surprise me if it could be done.
That's exactly backwards. Things can't be added to or removed from category pages by editing the category page, the category must be included on the other page itself, so it's quite possible to set templates to autocategorise. Some do already. On the other hand, categories have absolutely no effect on the appearance of a template, it's just that similar templates are usually categorised together because they serve similar purposes.

That's exactly backwards. Things can't be added to or removed from category pages by editing the category page, the category must be included on the other page itself, so it's quite possible to set templates to autocategorise. Some do already. On the other hand, categories have absolutely no effect on the appearance of a template, it's just that similar templates are usually categorised together because they serve similar purposes.
*Shrugs* See what I mean about making a fool out of myself?
You don't learn without putting yourself out there.

I can see how this would work coding-wise. It might be useful, but the main infobox for locations, LocationInfobox, hasn't been updated to include HMs/Bicycles. When it is updated, I think that this would be something that should be added.

Can the admins please review the locked pages and unlock some of them? I'm sure there are more that should be unlocked but some in particular include the Region page, N's page, Dent's game page, Bel, Cheren, and Iris (anime). They don't need to be protected anymore.

Last edited:

Can the admins please review the locked pages and unlock some of them? I'm sure there are more that should be unlocked but some in particular include the Region page, N's page, Dent's game page, Bel, Cheren, and Iris (anime). They don't need to be protected anymore.

I'll take a look and make decisions on those based on my own discretion. None of them look especially important, and if they're past the phase where new information pertinent to them could be released, there's no reason for them to remain locked.

On an unrelated note, "We request you edit userpages as little as possible and remember to use the preview button and don't add trivia" should be "We request you edit userpages as little as possible, remember to use the preview button, and don't add trivia." Just saying.

EDIT: Whoops, I just forgot about those pages. ;_; I'll still do it later, but if another admin gets to it first, feel free.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom