• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

What was the Trainer class? Was it an [bp]Ace Trainer[/bp], because they have blue hair (I linked so that you can match the picture)?

Yeah that looks right. The male Ace Trainer from B/W.

What about adding the ratings from CERO, PEGI and OFLC to the game articles too instead of just only listing the ESRB ones?

What about adding the ratings from CERO, PEGI and OFLC to the game articles too instead of just only listing the ESRB ones?
That's not a half bad idea. I'm sure the upper-class guys will be all-for it. That is, if there's the data ready.

THE FOLLOWING COMMENT IS RATED PG-13
PARENTAL DISCRETION IS ADVISED

This may sound a little strange... (in fact I'm sure it will)

Has anyone ever noticed the peculiar shape of Mew's tail? Why is it so thin along the length of it, but then much thicker and rounder on the end? Considering the inspiration behind Mew's design (often depicted like a developing embryo, and contained inside an "egg-like" bubble), could Mew's tail be meant to resemble, *cough* *ahem* ...sperm?

*shot*

Is this observation worthy of being added to Mew's trivia?

A possible addition to the front page: some wikis that cover franchises that have a trading card gaming element include a featured card, similar to a featured article but only covering trading cards(see here:http://wikimon.net/Past_Featured_Cards). Perhaps we could considering such a feature to our front page.

What good reason would that be?

Mew's design is modelled in part off of a developing embryo, and it is often depicted in an "egg-like" bubble. This correlation fits Mew's theme.

Except the "sperm" is pointing in the wrong direction, and not a key part of an embryo as it has already fused with the egg. The tail more closely represents an umbilical cord.

Yes I know, I said 'theme' - I wasn't trying to say that it helped form a comprehensive image, I'm speaking more in terms of symbolism. You see the image of an egg, sperm, and an embryo, all directing back to the same theme.

I realize it's not a comprehensive, biologically correct representation of an embryo, of course. That wasn't what I was trying to say at all.

Is there a way to view the new pages in a certain namespace one has written? There need to be more filter options when one views his or her contributions.

Except the "sperm" is pointing in the wrong direction, and not a key part of an embryo as it has already fused with the egg. The tail more closely represents an umbilical cord.

Yeah, and the only thing wrong with that is that the umbilical cord is on the bellybutton, not the tail.

Last edited:

Not comparable scenarios - there is good reason to believe this resemblance was intentional.
Stunky and Stuntank's faces were entirely intentional. You can't say Mew's tail was. If Mewtwo was designed before Mew, you can't make much of an assumption on Mew's design, unless Mewtwo's known to be some sort of mutant fetus gone wrong (and it would be where Mew's tail comes from, with no thematic intent). But since we don't know which came first...it's just conjecture if it's /meant/ to be spermy, or if it's just a coincidence (and not very notable).

*$0.02 to defend Skuntank*

suggestion. catch rate formula flash game.

input catch rate, ball used, staus condition, and range of health(by 1/4 woudl be best guess) and get an estimation of catch rate chance.

suggestion. catch rate formula flash game.

input catch rate, ball used, staus condition, and range of health(by 1/4 woudl be best guess) and get an estimation of catch rate chance.

our good friend Veekun has already produced exactly that.

It's not exactly a flash game, but meh.

Back
Top Bottom