• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

Like TTE said, there's other artwork as well, and we want to come up with a way to incorporate all of them to each species' page in the future, so the DW art will have to wait. Besides, you can easily access all the artwork of a species on the archives.

To clarify for those of you who aren't aware: there are links to all a Pokémon's artwork hosted on the Archives in both the infobox and the spritebox.

We have them all in mp3. Even Missingno.

And that file makes them all... oddly high-pitched.

What's the reason for Bulbapedia breaking up when implementing sounds? Does it just... melt down and throw out 503s? Wikipedia did it, so do you think it might have something to do with our software?

I really wish that Bulbapedia supported audio. Looks like it's going to be a pipe dream as long as the issue isn't solved, huh?

It was a complete and total shutdown of the server. It entered some sort of loop.

It's nothing to do with our software, we use the same stuff as Wikipedia does.

Who has the higher average level?

Who has the higher average level?
They all have identically leveled Pokemon, each has a team of 48-48-48-50 the first time and 71-71-71-71-71-73 afterward.

Last edited:

This is more a question than a suggestion but I think this is the best place for it. Wikipedia got an update. Is it possible that Bulbapedia is also "evolved" to the next version. Obviously as soon there is time (I guess after Black and White).

We update the MediaWiki software during slower times; however, I don't think I heard of a new version coming out.

As far as the main page goes, we're thinking of redoing that soon, yes.

As far as the overall style, I personally hate Wikipedia's new one, with the searchbar up top. But eh, we'll see. We were thinking of a couple things.

As far as the main page goes, we're thinking of redoing that soon, yes.

As far as the overall style, I personally hate Wikipedia's new one, with the searchbar up top. But eh, we'll see. We were thinking of a couple things.

Agreed. Aside from the cluttering of the Main Page, I see nothing wrong with our current format. Change for the sake of change is never a good thing.

*jumps on reply bandwagon*

What we really should be looking at is not what Wikipedia is doing, but what Bulbapedia can be doing to make our website distinct from all the rest. Yaaaaay individuality.

Can somebody do a little bit of further research on the new experience formula?

I found out the basic pattern (to within 1 point of error), but a few things don't match when it's multiple Pokémon that defeat one.

Update the Wanted station with 2 mini-sections 1 for 4th gen and 1 for 5th gen. It would make everything much more organized and you don't have noobs saying hey i have what you want and all i need are these TM's when you specifically say your trading with 5th gen only
This is the Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread. For forums related things you want the Suggestions Box

Is there any kind of function which allows me to convert decimal to hexadecimal? I've searched MediaWiki but couldn't really find anything. If there isn't I could probably make one, but it would only be able to do it to the number of hexadecimal characters I set.

EDIT: [bp=User:SnorlaxMonster/hex]I made one[/bp].

Last edited:

EDIT: Trom dealt with the vandal. Sorry for going into panic mode there, folks.

Last edited:

Little suggestion here. I don't know if this has already been brought up/considered/accepted/rejected or whatever, but here goes.

OK, you know how a number of the Generation V Pokemon pages have their Dream World artwork where their Sugimori artwork would go? This gave me an idea. Why not have the infobox on a switch to go back and forth between Sugimori and Dream World artwork? Obviously for most Generation V Pokemon, it would have to wait until they actually get Sugimori art, but what do you all think? Obviously the dream world art works for infobox purposes, and who knows? There may even be people who prefer it to Sugimori's art.

With a mustache.

Back
Top Bottom