• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

We will. Eventually. We don't have all the Sugimori stuff, and since that'd be the default, we're not doing it yet.

EDIT: Trom dealt with the vandal. Sorry for going into panic mode there, folks.

Wiki is srs bzns.

I know it says on the Dealing with Vandalism page that you're meant to bring it up here... but in all honesty sending a PM or talk page message to whichever staff member was last active in the RC (or one you know is usually on at the same time as you) is probably the most effective approach.

For those of you who haven't figured it out yet: if a user's name is in italics on the RC, they're an admin. If a user's name is green, then they're part of the Editorial Board.

Now that SmashWiki is part of NIWA, should we link all characters from SSB to SmashWiki, as this will provide the information about SSB? On SSBB's page, we currently have a character list that links to various NIWA wikis like Zelda Wiki for Link, and Super Mario Wiki for all extras.

I'd say we should link to the NIWA wikis for the characters unless they don't have anything NIWA. But wait until our November 5 member comes in - there are two more characters from SSB that are native to that wiki's subject.

So a user has been adding maps that features location in Isshu....in English...such as this:

Isshu_Sazanami_Bay_map.png

Now, wouldn't this be from a ROM (since it's in English)? So should we remove it since ROMs are illegal.

Last edited:

The template on "List of Pokemon", specifically the one in the List of Pokemon by Abilities, section is in need of an update. I've already been adding the new pokemon, but there's no effective way to add a 3rd ability column for Dream World abilities.

Does anyone know how to do this?

The template on "List of Pokemon", specifically the one in the List of Pokemon by Abilities, section is in need of an update. I've already been adding the new pokemon, but there's no effective way to add a 3rd ability column for Dream World abilities.

Does anyone know how to do this?
I fixed the template so it works and added DW abilities for the Kanto families. You can finish the rest if you want, or I'll get back to it another time.

Is there any kind of function which allows me to convert decimal to hexadecimal? I've searched MediaWiki but couldn't really find anything. If there isn't I could probably make one, but it would only be able to do it to the number of hexadecimal characters I set.

EDIT: [bp=User:SnorlaxMonster/hex]I made one[/bp].

On the fly, I use Windows calculator.

I fixed the template so it works and added DW abilities for the Kanto families. You can finish the rest if you want, or I'll get back to it another time.

Thanks. I'll go ahead and add the rest of the abilities now, then.

On the fly, I use Windows calculator.

So do I. But that's not quite why I wanted one. Really, it was because it is very easy to generate semi-random numbers in decimal, but not in hexadecimal, so I wanted one to make random colors.

Ok guys, I just created a Bulbapedia account. Finding out that I needed to edit another page before creating my user page, I edited the Yorterrie page Trivia, saying it's the only nonstarter Gen V that evolves before level 20. I went back to edit my userpage, but it won't let me. How come?

You need to make a certain number (secret of course) of edits to the mainspace articles before you're allowed to make your user page. This is to prevent users from abusing the userspace, when the real focus of signing up should be to edit articles.

Okay, so...in this world of GTS use, and for those who don't make active trades with real people (because that can get frustrating)...

Any chance we could have an "earliest spotted in-game by trainer" option? Just something that lists just one trainer (or none, if that is the case) who owns such-and-such per game? 'Cuz it would be nice to know if I'll ever spot a Squirtle in HGSS without needing to pick it in the end.

Klutz Ability Edit

The page for information on the Klutz ability,

--> http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Klutz_(ability) <--

needs editing, specifically with information on the amulet coin.
I have faced Whitney about a dozen times today (at least) and had my Buneary (and later Lopunny) hold the amulet coin, and recieved double the prize money when I did, even though it had the klutz ability. When I go home (I'm at the library right now), I will test this outcome with the luck incense as well.

I don't know how to inform the people there, but I'm sure some of you do xD

Thank you

We had envisaged this idea earlier using hidden categories. Basically, if the route had wild Pikachu, or a trainer on the route used Pikachu, it would go into the category "Category:Locations with Pikachu" (or some similar name). Now, a lot of routes have a lot of Pokémon, so would have a lot of categories at the bottom. That's why we use hidden categories - these categories don't show up unless you specifically specify that you want them in your preferences.

I hope that made sense...

Re: Klutz Ability Edit

Merging this (post 937 ^) where it goes...

(Before you say anything, TTE, >:p)

I can't remember if I already asked this but what about .gifs for 5th Gen sprites? I understand .APNG was used for the 4th Gen but since the 5th Gen sprites are CONSTANTLY animated I don't see APNG as an option. I atleast have Shubarugo's and Porygon-Z's sprite uploaded to my Photobucket account and since everyone is uploading sprites at the sprite dump thread wouldn't it be reasonable to use .gifs instead of APNG?
Edit: If it's ok I'll simply upload these to the Archives then atleast we'll have somewhat less to worry about since everyone's got almost all the others so far:
1z6eexh.gif
474.gif

Then again I feel as if the Porygon-Z sprite isn't right for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom