• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

I can't remember if I already asked this but what about .gifs for 5th Gen sprites? I understand .APNG was used for the 4th Gen but since the 5th Gen sprites are CONSTANTLY animated I don't see APNG as an option. I atleast have Shubarugo's and Porygon-Z's sprite uploaded to my Photobucket account and since everyone is uploading sprites at the sprite dump thread wouldn't it be reasonable to use .gifs instead of APNG?
Edit: If it's ok I'll simply upload these to the Archives then atleast we'll have somewhat less to worry about since everyone's got almost all the others so far:
1z6eexh.gif
474.gif

Then again I feel as if the Porygon-Z sprite isn't right for some reason.

I don't see why being constantly animated makes APNG a less viable option, but you are better off taking this here.

So you know how on episode and special pages there is a template at the top and bottom of the page to take you to the next and previous episodes/special? Why isn't that on the pages for the movies?

Also, I think the admins needs to be a little more strict regarding people editing other people's userspace. I've noticed that a lot of people (non-admins) are just freely editing other people's userspace and it clearly says in the rules that it is not allowed unless it falls under certain circumstances and all the one's I have seen don't.

Last edited:

Yeah, I haven't really noticed it... you sure you're not confusing that with the User Talk: namespace?

It has probably been with pages that appeared on my template. I noticed a few edits to the anime Pokémon sections from users who don't own the pages. For these, the policy is allow outside editing unless explicitly told not to by the user, but only for things on my template

It has probably been with pages that appeared on my template. I noticed a few edits to the anime Pokémon sections from users who don't own the pages. For these, the policy is allow outside editing unless explicitly told not to by the user, but only for things on my template

Yeah, these are the pages I was talking about so thanks for clearing that up.

Bulbapedia needs to fix the info regarding breeding energy ball onto Vulpix. Chain breeding is not required for Vulpix to get that move. A male Leafeon or Smeargle with Energy Ball can do it.

Now that I think about it, I can edit it myself.

Bulbapedia needs to fix the info regarding breeding energy ball onto Vulpix. Chain breeding is not required for Vulpix to get that move. A male Leafeon or Smeargle with Energy Ball can do it.

Now that I think about it, I can edit it myself.

That would be good.

I have a couple of suggestions:

*Colosseum/XD sprites for the 387 pokemon in the game, to be added to the sprites bit on the individual Pokemon pages, most can be found here:
http://www.pokewiki.de/
*Adding screenshots of Pokemon Eggs from the Anime & Channel to the individual pokemon pages (If they have one)
*A "List of Pokemon that debuted in other media" listing & detailing pokemon that appeared in the anime & side games before their main game appearance, for example Donphan appearing in the First Movie, etc.

*nervousnervous* Hey, um, I really hope this is the correct thread. If it's not, could someone direct me to the correct one? <3 This is my second post so I'm still pretty lost xD

I wanted to suggest a new page? I checked and didn't see it in existence already. This occurance was years ago so I am sorry for not remembering all the details.
Anyways. In the original Silver/Gold Pokemon versions for the GBColor (I haven't checked in SoulSilver), there is a girl at the Lake of Rage whom speaks of a Pink Butterfree. I had always wanted to see it, but figured that it wasn't real. However, one day, my brother and I were using our link cable to battle each other. When one of my Pokemon fainted it took my to the screen to change Pokemon like it always does. But, when I chose the Pokemon to send out, the link cable must've came out or wiggled around in one of our GBCs. When I threw out the Pokemon, guess what came out? Yup, a Pink Butterfree. I don't remember the name it had, or the gender. But it wasn't an average Pokemon; instead of the one bar of health that is displayed in the corner, there were two bars, one below the other, an I think they were longer than normal. It was also poisoned. We didn't know what to do so we turned off both of our games quickly, hoping that nothing would be wrong with them. There wasn't; we had been reverted to right before we started the battle, in the Pokemon Center.​

*nervousnervous* Hey, um, I really hope this is the correct thread. If it's not, could someone direct me to the correct one? <3 This is my second post so I'm still pretty lost xD

I wanted to suggest a new page? I checked and didn't see it in existence already. This occurance was years ago so I am sorry for not remembering all the details.
Anyways. In the original Silver/Gold Pokemon versions for the GBColor (I haven't checked in SoulSilver), there is a girl at the Lake of Rage whom speaks of a Pink Butterfree. I had always wanted to see it, but figured that it wasn't real. However, one day, my brother and I were using our link cable to battle each other. When one of my Pokemon fainted it took my to the screen to change Pokemon like it always does. But, when I chose the Pokemon to send out, the link cable must've came out or wiggled around in one of our GBCs. When I threw out the Pokemon, guess what came out? Yup, a Pink Butterfree. I don't remember the name it had, or the gender. But it wasn't an average Pokemon; instead of the one bar of health that is displayed in the corner, there were two bars, one below the other, an I think they were longer than normal. It was also poisoned. We didn't know what to do so we turned off both of our games quickly, hoping that nothing would be wrong with them. There wasn't; we had been reverted to right before we started the battle, in the Pokemon Center.​

Must have been a bug or something. Hey, maybe you could create a creepypasta about it.

Pink Butterfree are Shiny. You got really lucky with your link cable glitch.

Like Snorlax Monster said, a regular "shiny" Butterfree is pink in G/S/C. The loose cable likely caused it to glitch while transferring, and somehow you ended up with a shiny Butterfree that had been poisoned. It's not particularly notable, since it's likely not a recurring glitch in the game. But it is pretty interesting. =D

And as for the pink Butterfree the girl speaks of, perhaps this article has some info for you.

I have a couple of suggestions:

*Colosseum/XD sprites for the 387 pokemon in the game, to be added to the sprites bit on the individual Pokemon pages, most can be found here:
http://www.pokewiki.de/
*Adding screenshots of Pokemon Eggs from the Anime & Channel to the individual pokemon pages (If they have one)
*A "List of Pokemon that debuted in other media" listing & detailing pokemon that appeared in the anime & side games before their main game appearance, for example Donphan appearing in the First Movie, etc.

Also, why are the Pokemon Stadium Pokedex entries not on the individual Pokemon pages? Surely these should be added?

The elemental beams no longer being variations?
Used to be:(Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam), now: (Flamethrower/Thunderbolt) and (Ice Beam/Slime Wave) Why the change?

The elemental beams no longer being variations?
Used to be:(Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam), now: (Flamethrower/Thunderbolt) and (Ice Beam/Slime Wave) Why the change?

See the talk page for move variations. There is debate regarding whether PP affects if they are variations.

With the whole disambiguation thing, what's going to happen with what is possibly Bulbapedia's most used template, P?

It's going to continue to be used, and don't you forget it! >:p

Use the B/W animated sprites. We can ask aragornbird's permission to use the ones from arkeis.com.

Back
Top Bottom