• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

Not pngs, we won't use them.

They are gif, but we used gif for emerald and crystal sprites so I don't see why we can not use these.

They are gif, but we used gif for emerald and crystal sprites so I don't see why we can not use these.
That was before the standard was to APNG. Some are already uploaded as APNG. There's an APNG-to-GIF converter somewhere, I just don't remember where.

Hey, so I was playing SoulSilver the other day and ran into Lt. Surge in the Saffron City Magnet Train Station and he asked me if I wanted to trade my Pikachu for his French Pikachu. I traded and ended up with a Pikachu named Volty. Anyway, I wanted to know if other gym leaders would do something similar and couldn't find it anywhere, not even on Lt. Surge's page!

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before but I think you should add the fact that this trade takes place to at least Lt. Surge's page.

Hey, so I was playing SoulSilver the other day and ran into Lt. Surge in the Saffron City Magnet Train Station and he asked me if I wanted to trade my Pikachu for his French Pikachu. I traded and ended up with a Pikachu named Volty. Anyway, I wanted to know if other gym leaders would do something similar and couldn't find it anywhere, not even on Lt. Surge's page!

Sorry if this topic has been brought up before but I think you should add the fact that this trade takes place to at least Lt. Surge's page.
It is on Lt. Surge's page already. In the "In the games" section. (The HGSS subsection is for the teams. All the other info is in the top of the games section)
Lt. Surge page said:
After the player gets his Pokégear number, he will be at the Magnet Train station in Saffron City. There he'll offer to trade his French Pikachu, nicknamed VOLTY, for the player's Pikachu that he saw at the Power Plant (though it need not be the same one). She will be at the same level as the Pikachu traded, will know the moves appropriate for that level, and be holding a Yellow Shard.
You may also find this page useful

It is on Lt. Surge's page already. In the "In the games" section. (The HGSS subsection is for the teams. All the other info is in the top of the games section)

You may also find this page useful

okay thanks

There is a lot of triva on the Pokemon pages that shouldnt be there (sprite trivia, base stat total trivia, etc), simply removing them will not solve the problem however, as users (especially new users) will forget, or not even know they were removed & add them back again, so why not add a hidden notice like this, found in the trivia section of BW009:

<!--NO. If you're editing this to mention that this is the first episode of the BW series where Ash's Oshawott doesn't appear, stop right there. It's been removed countless times, and it's for a reason. It is NOT notable triva. It's only notable in cases like Pikachu, Meowth, Piplup, and Kibago- you know, the ones that never go into their Pokeballs. In short, NOT Oshawott.-->

Last edited:

There is a lot of triva on the Pokemon pages that shouldnt be there (sprite trivia, base stat total trivia, etc), simply removing them will not solve the problem however, as users (especially new users) will forget, or not even know they were removed & add them back again, so why not add a hidden notice like this, found in the trivia section of BW009:

<!--NO. If you're editing this to mention that this is the first episode of the BW series where Ash's Oshawott doesn't appear, stop right there. It's been removed countless times, and it's for a reason. It is NOT notable triva. It's only notable in cases like Pikachu, Meowth, Piplup, and Kibago- you know, the ones that never go into their Pokeballs. In short, NOT Oshawott.-->
If the trivia is bordering on edit war, then generally a hidden note is added, but yours is far too long. People don't read walls of text. I would suggest something more like this:

<!--Do not add trivia that this is the first episode of the BW series where Ash's Oshawott doesn't appear. See the talk page for more info.-->

Then we put a section on the talk page explaining it.

If the trivia is bordering on edit war, then generally a hidden note is added, but yours is far too long. People don't read walls of text. I would suggest something more like this:

<!--Do not add trivia that this is the first episode of the BW series where Ash's Oshawott doesn't appear. See the talk page for more info.-->

Then we put a section on the talk page explaining it.

Thats not actually mine, I just copied it from the BW009 page, I was meaning something like this:

<!--DO NOT ADD: Sprite Trivia, Base Stat Total Trivia. It is NOT notable triva.-->

Thats not actually mine, I just copied it from the BW009 page, I was meaning something like this:

<!--DO NOT ADD: Sprite Trivia, Base Stat Total Trivia. It is NOT notable triva.-->

In every trivia section? No way. We have [bp=User:Memo326/Trivia Policy]two[/bp] [bp=User:Force Fire/Trivia Policy]draft[/bp] trivia policies which will say that.

I was not aware those pages existed, do you have any idea if the Trivia Policies will be made official policy (the first comment on ForceFire's trivia talk page indicates that it has been around since August 2009)?

The _pokemon_species_ articles was recently changed to automatically redirect to the species articles, instead of disambiguation page. That's great. Was waiting for it since discovered Bp.
Suggesting the same changes to be made to articles about elemental types. Same reasoning.

The _pokemon_species_ articles was recently changed to automatically redirect to the species articles, instead of disambiguation page. That's great. Was waiting for it since discovered Bp.
Suggesting the same changes to be made to articles about elemental types. Same reasoning.

While you say that, Poison absolutely cannot. Nor can Psychic. The rest are a bit more feeble, but this is only happening for Pokémon.

Sorry, that's not going to happen. The disambiguation change was for Pokemon only.

Back
Top Bottom