• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

Even though I told everyone that requests would begin to be made for the move and type disambigs to be killed next.

We're not doing those ever. And that I can guarantee.

Yeah, it is pointless to argue with several mods, I guess...
Requesting this unnecessary pages to be unified at least.
For Dark type it says: "A type in the Pokémon games that debuted in Generation II, see Dark (type)", for Fire: "The Fire type in the games." and for Ghost: "The Ghost-type, one of the seventeen elemental types that a Pokémon can have." and so on. This makes it harder to navigate...

*raises hand*

May I suggest adding locations of moves that are available in TM form to be put on the move articles themselves? Instead of having to click on the tiny-and-somewhat missable TM list-on-the-right just to find out where they are?

Yeah, it is pointless to argue with several mods, I guess...
Requesting this unnecessary pages to be unified at least.
For Dark type it says: "A type in the Pokémon games that debuted in Generation II, see Dark (type)", for Fire: "The Fire type in the games." and for Ghost: "The Ghost-type, one of the seventeen elemental types that a Pokémon can have." and so on. This makes it harder to navigate...

But the problem is that there are other, completely different things of those names: such as Darkness-type in the TCG, the various ghosts that have appeared in the anime and games... I'll again mention the anomaly which is the Psychic trainer's Psychic-type Pokémon using Psychic... when there are this many things of the same name, we've got to use the disambiguations as we are now.

*raises hand*

May I suggest adding locations of moves that are available in TM form to be put on the move articles themselves? Instead of having to click on the tiny-and-somewhat missable TM list-on-the-right just to find out where they are?

Yes, you may. ;)

I have a problem. I've been trying to breed a horsea (with egg moves) for a certain nature and ability. I had successfully gotten the egg moves with the horseas, but I didn't get the nature I wanted. I stopped. Now, I've picked up the project again and I'm using the same parents as before, but for some reason the egg moves, signal beam and aurora beam, are no longer on the horseas. I was breeding a female kingdra with a male dewgong.
Can someone explain? I'm quite baffled.
This kind of thing should go in the Video Games section. This thread is only for matters pertaining to Bulbapedia.

*raises hand*

Unfortunately, people will miss them regardless of where we put them. I wouldn't be against having part of the opening section containing a reference to the move being contained in a TM or HM, or available via move tutor, though.

Unfortunately, people will miss them regardless of where we put them. I wouldn't be against having part of the opening section containing a reference to the move being contained in a TM or HM, or available via move tutor, though.
They wouldn't be missed if they were shoved between the Effect and Learned By subsections. The TM pages feel like they're more for, "Okay...I'm missing these TMs...but I don't know what move they contain....*search TM31* Oh hey, cool!" as opposed to, "Okay, I know there's a TM for EQ. Don't remember the number. *search EQ* Oh, it's TM26. Now where should I keep an eye out for it? ...D: Wait, it's not on the page?"

Last edited:

Oh I know that. But unless that part of the template was recent, I didn't even notice it until the other day (what I mean by "missable") since most are just there to quick-check a move's power/acc/cat/range and who can learn it. And while it's cool the TM pages offer the location, and the move tutor page has locations, that part of the template tells you only how the move is available per generation and shouldn't pages offer up everything possibly associated with their content?

If you think it's a bad idea, that's fine. The information's on other pages, so at least it's available somewhere, but a quick-link to the location never hurts either.

Ah, I just meant, "a bad idea," in the long run. Someone might come up with some uber-awesome argument on why it shouldn't be there. But the box? Yeah, it could do with a small size upgrade.

Yeah I have found it quite annoying trying to find where the move tutors for certain moves are. At least TM moves tell me the TM number, move tutor moves only tell you that they are move tutor moves.

On a completely different topic, do you think a category for "moves that can hit semi-invulnerable Pokémon" would be useful? But the main question is, should it be divided into "moves that can hit Pokémon that are up high" and "moves that can hit digging Pokémon" etc.?

I wouldn't divide it. Probably worth making though.

There was another move-related category I was thinking about the other day. But I can't remember what it was now.

May I make a template suggestion?

template:TrainerPoké is obviously make for image parameters tailored to the anime. Meaning the space for images is more wide than tall. This is not good for most manga-related pokémon parties, the images of which are usually more tall than wide.

Any way we could have a manga-specific template that takes into consideration height parameters over width, that also naturally shrinks the image, so they're not that damn huge, more times than not without having to be manually shrunk, because otherwise, their specific template is balls-looking. =\

Maybe the site could have a contest for who can greate the best official art for the current unrevealed legandaries.

Maybe the site could have a contest for who can greate the best official art for the current unrevealed legandaries.

There is one thing though: the fans don't create the official art, Sugimori does.

There is one thing though: the fans don't create the official art, Sugimori does.

Ya but before Shaymin and Arceus were revealed fan art would sometimes be up since the official one wasn't available yet.

Sounds like a half-decent contest idea.

I seem to recall the only time fan art was up was for Arceus.

Back
Top Bottom