• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

Well, I just went and changed those articles before I saw TTE's complaint, but it is not the only way to get those abilities for Hihidaruma, and bluesun's post infers that there are three others.
Maybe I was a bit too hasty in changing the articles without a reply. Either way, have they ever officially been referred to as "Dream World abilities?"

In-game, well there's that Musharna, and both Hihidaruma and Musharna can breed, so that makes 4 with Darumakka and Munna without any Dream World interaction required. Although there isn't any crossover between those four and the Pokémon obtainable in the Dream World so far, it seems.

And although hidden ability may seem odd now, who knows what Gray/Chrome/Glass/RubyDS/SapphireDS or whatever they're called may bring.

Do the hidden abilities carry over when breeding? Just because a parent has ability 1 doesn't mean the child will have it...

Do the hidden abilities carry over when breeding? Just because a parent has ability 1 doesn't mean the child will have it...
It looks like they do from reports if the Pokémon with the ability is Female, although I haven't tried myself.

Well, not like I can heavily experiment anyway.

Does anyone know how they're marked internally? It runs off the PV for non-DW abilities, like in Gen IV, I assume... and Pokémon can have any ability at all in Gen IV, provided they don't evolve. Get a Charmander with Static, it'll keep it, unless you evolve it into Charmeleon, because it rechecks on evolution to see if the ability matches.

Musharna and Munna have mixed up special abilities. The anime said in episode 6 that Munna makes the dream appear in pink smoke and Musharna makes them real. But the wiki gives Munna's power to Musharna and say Munna can make you forget the eaten dream. I wouldn't know where the info about Munna comes from. :/

I hate to be a nag, but Bulbapedia still does not have the animated sprites from Black & White, does anyone have any idea when they will be ready? (We also do not have the Col/XD sprites & animations, just thought I would point out again)

These things don't just appear, you know.

Is anyone opposed to merging [bp]Desert[/bp] into [bp]Hoenn Route 111[/bp] then rewriting the former to be more like [bp]caves[/bp]? There has been a discussion on the talk page for a little while, and I want to fix this soon.

I'm just saying because other wiki's (http://www.pokewiki.de/Hauptseite) have them, I would upload them if I knew anything about how they work.

PokéWiki has them because they're fine with still using gif. We're not. All DPPtHGSS animated sprites are pngs. Therefore all BW animated sprites will be pngs. It prevents stupid uploads of stolen images.

And PokéWiki has cries, too. But as you can see, we still don't have those. Hell, the Gen V cries aren't even on the server (compare this to this). And that is, of course, despite me doing everything in my power to upload them.

Do we have any anywhere on 'Pedia where old Sugimori Artwork is archived? I haven't been able to find anything, and it is certainly something I, for one, would find interesting.

Do we have any anywhere on 'Pedia where old Sugimori Artwork is archived? I haven't been able to find anything, and it is certainly something I, for one, would find interesting.

It's on the Archives, right hurr. There are other categories from other old games that have old art, so just change the title.

I do not get the 2 post rule

Well, not like I can heavily experiment anyway.

Does anyone know how they're marked internally? It runs off the PV for non-DW abilities, like in Gen IV, I assume... and Pokémon can have any ability at all in Gen IV, provided they don't evolve. Get a Charmander with Static, it'll keep it, unless you evolve it into Charmeleon, because it rechecks on evolution to see if the ability matches.
Sorry for not responding for a while. From what I've read there's another bit which gets set to say a Pokémon has its hidden ability, and the ability that would be given by the PV is ignored.

The characteristics sections of the elemental type articles really are not good. Most of them are just competitive battling tips, and a few opinions. The only useful thing is what contest category the types end up as.

That's the bit that I wrote :D

I'd think of the rest of it more of a comp-battling analysis rather than a handful of tips. I think it's encyclopedically viable, it may just need a do-over.

Back
Top Bottom