• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

Due to there being 7 Pokémon games now spread between 2 Sega consoles, do those consoles deserve articles? Here is my draft of Sega Pico, which has 3 games (you'll see I selected the Pokémon special edition for the image). Do we want this article, along with Advanced Pico Beena, to be mainspace articles? If you like, I can make one for Advanced Pico Beena too.

If this does go through, the console navigation template should be renamed from "Template:Nintendo" to something like "Template:Consoles".

Or just. You know. Remove them. Because hey, tah dah, I programmed that template with new Pokémon we didn't know the OFFICIAL Imperial weights for in mind, intending them to ONLY have the metric in place until then.

Aren't the official heights and weights just direct conversions from the metric anyway?

Like 0.1 m is always 0'04", etc.

In closing, DEAR USERS: STOP DOING DUMB STUFF LIKE POSTING UNCONFIRMED THINGS. Bulbapedia's disclaimer exists due to that being the nature of a wiki, but COME ON GUYS. Let the people topside make a distinction so we don't have a Mew-under-the-truck rampage with Victini in the player's bed in Gen V.

So that's why it represents victory.

Speaking of unconfirmed things, have the new experience yields been put on yet?

Last edited:

Aren't the official heights and weights just direct conversions from the metric anyway?

Like 0.1 m is always 0'04", etc.
Usually, but I've done some manual conversions of the height and weight and they do some weird rounding.

0.1m has not appeared before Gen V, for one thing.

And of course, we cannot make any assumptions after considering that #494 isn't Snivy, unlike #387, #252, and #152 were the Grass starters of their respective generations.

They'll change shit, users will whine here or on talk pages instead of editing themselves saying "LOL BUBBLEPEDYA IS RONG", and so on.

"Cloning" currently redirects to the page for glitches that allow the duplication of Pokémon. We should have an article of biological cloning as it exists in the Pokémon world (Such as Anime Mewtwo and the implied method of restoring fossil Pokémon).

What would it be about, except a modification of the Wikipedia page? I mean, what's the difference aside from not using a live mother in the anime? And I mean the difference that we KNOW. They get genetic material, they inject it, clone is born. Yaaaay.

Let's do a big project! A big project to get all the animated sprites up in APNG form and use those as the site sprites! A big project!

And, suggesting an Extraterrestrial Pokémon page.

Why aren't Pansage, Pansear and Panpour put as the English names for Yanappu, Baoppu and Hiyappu? Is it because they aren't on the Official Website?

Yeah, the name is *officially* confirmed to move it yet.

Subway Master Nobori and Subway Master Kudari are currently in the article [bp]Subway Master (Trainer class)[/bp], but they need their own article(s). There is a page for them in [bp=User:Crikko/Subway Masters Nobori & Kudari]the userspace[/bp], but I don't know if they deserve one article or two. I would rather give them two articles, but then Tate and Liza share an article, and Darach and Caitlin did too until Caitlin appeared in Generation V. However, other similar characters like Touya and Touko have two articles. Either way, they should be separated from the Trainer class article.

Tate and Liza never separated, either.

Well, since you used Darach and Caitlin as an example, I imagined you wanted to break up Tate and Liza. Which... would be pointless.

That was because Caitlin got a separate role. If they bring Tate back without Liza, we'll talk.

I've seen a bit of minor edit warring regarding whether or not Zekrom and Reshiram can be Shiny at Dragon Spiral Tower. It seems to be confirmed that Victini cannot be Shiny through Liberty Garden Island (I'm not implying that there is another way to get Victini, but that a Shiny Victini could be distributed via event), and that Reshi/Zek cannot be Shiny at N's Castle, but Dragon Spiral Tower seems to be debated. Can anybody confirm this either way from their own research (which means don't link to Serebii/Smogon telling me that someone else said)?

Also, why does Serebii have a page on this game and this DS demo, and yet they are mentioned nowhere on Bulbapedia?

Because Serebii.net was the same Serebii that it is today in 2005. Bulbapedia was barely starting and didn't even have much other than the initial users working on it. Tech demos fall by the wayside.

On episode credits it lists credits people for Screenplay. Is screenplay the same as writer and if so, that would mean there would be a different one for the English dub right?

Back
Top Bottom