• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official BULBAPEDIA suggestion/idea/problem thread

I think the countdown to the English release of Black and White should go two days forward, as it should be counting towards the European release.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Can the countdown for Black and White's release be changed to fit the earlier European release?

To add to this, apparently the reason why a European countdown was never allowed was due to the reasoning that Bulbapedia only counted down to the earliest English release date. The earliest release date is now March 4th, so there should be no reason for it to change.

Change the countdown clock on Bulbapedia to March 4th, there is no reason to keep March 6th any longer.

To add to this, apparently the reason why a European countdown was never allowed was due to the reasoning that Bulbapedia only counted down to the earliest English release date. The earliest release date is now March 4th, so there should be no reason for it to change.

Surely you mean that because the earliest English release date has changed, then it should be changed?

And it has now been changed. Calm down people. The Bulbanews staff member who published the article (i.e. moved it into the mainspace) does not have any powers on Bulbapedia, and so could not change the countdown, okay? A little patience does wonders.

It would be interesting to have a mobile phone app that contains bulbapedia informations, that way we can have information without internet access

It would be interesting to have a mobile phone app that contains bulbapedia informations, that way we can have information without internet access

Hahaha...anyone remember that prick who did that? I forget the name...

Anyway, an app takes money to make, and I doubt we have it.

Well, there's an app we need to investigate. AAA's Pokedex. Search it up. It looks like it uses the BP database, and it costs $1.99. It's seemingly worse than the other.

Can't you contact the app store and tell them to take it down?

Also, could you possibly run a donation process to help fun the development?

Fund development of an app with donations? How about fund the development of the wiki with donations, too. Anyone who contributes with good grammar gets five bucks per article.

Except then Nintendo would come down on us like a ton of bricks. Not gonna happen, man. There's no offline mode.

Them most importantly, us quite notably.

Hey shouldn't James' profile have his TR Rank be changed to Advanced Troop since it has changed on Jessie's?

Since Waterlog debuted in the TCG, I think it should be noted somewhere on its page. However, a while ago, it was removed since there are many of them. How many other moves are there that appeared in the TCG before the games? I know Flail did. If there are enough, I would suggest we make a category for them. If there aren't, they should at least get trivia mentions.

Alternatively, we could even give moves an "in the TCG" section, which I think would work quite well.

Probably something like 20 moves were in the TCG first.

Hi would it be possible to add to the Wiki a "Did you mean: x" thing? Sometimes I have a bad tendency to misspell a Pokemon name (especially these new ones), or I get the wording wrong and it frustrates me that I have to find an alternative way of looking for it in situations I really need the info badly. So Wikipedia has this and here is just a simple example:

SUAPW.png

But on Bulbapedia for example if I misspell something it asks me if I want to create that article, which makes no sense to me. For example:
lnoO7.png

I think it would help a lot if it suggested "Did you mean: Pikachu" otherwise it's just frustrating.

Alternatively, we could even give moves an "in the TCG" section, which I think would work quite well.

I had this planned for a while. It will be a grand section saying all sorts of things like when they appeared before, all the Pokémon that know it, differences between when it appeared, etc. I just wanted to get some other more prominent tasks finished before hand. It will all come in due time.

A list of Pokémon that can boost their,stats temporarily so people don`t have to,search through all the pokemon they can acquire just for a single situation.

Hi would it be possible to add to the Wiki a "Did you mean: x" thing? Sometimes I have a bad tendency to misspell a Pokemon name (especially these new ones), or I get the wording wrong and it frustrates me that I have to find an alternative way of looking for it in situations I really need the info badly.

I think it would help a lot if it suggested "Did you mean: Pikachu" otherwise it's just frustrating.

Problem there: we've got a lot of similar names. People would then whine that they didn't get to the right thing they misspelled when they clicked the link. "Whiet" would lead you to the disambiguation page, and then we'd get people screaming at us that having disambiguation pages at all is horribly evil and we shouldn't have them. Next up: redirecting any odd transposition of letters in a Pokémon name to that Pokémon's page for lazy users who don't care to spell things right. Way to encourage a quality encyclopedia...

A list of Pokémon that can boost their,stats temporarily so people don`t have to,search through all the pokemon they can acquire just for a single situation.

What... the hell does that mean? You want us to list all the Pokémon that can learn things like Howl, or what? Because I'm pretty sure most Pokémon can learn at least one stat-increasing move, and the ones that can't are legendary. If that's not what you mean, please clarify. With better grammar.

Why are the icons for surfing in the B & W articles broken? (see here, here, and here, and pretty much any Unova route article). I tried looking in the Archives (the "Game Sprites" category) but couldn't find it.

Back
Top Bottom