• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I'd say the similarity looks apparent enough to warrant mention in the article. Limited mention, and make it clear that it's not fact, but mention nonetheless. So yes, you have my approval to add the information.

However, if another staff member comes along and says, "no, don't add it, it's too speculatory," listen to them. Neat catch!

So I recently bought Firered, Leafgreen, Sapphire and Ruby. I've got copies of Diamond and Pearl, Soulsilver and Heartgold and I'm waiting for Black and White. While leveling my pokemon I've noticed that in Firered you don't want to wait to evolve certain pokemon because if you do you miss out on certain moves that they'd get like Harden for Kakuna or Confusion for Kadabra.

My suggestion is this:

Add a field for best suggested evolution time based on the level that pokemon no longer learns new moves by leveling based on the generation.

For example Nidoran♂ learns its last new ability at 47. Thus that would be the preferred time to evolve saving 11 levels for learning it with Nidorino. Same with Weedle, since it evolves to Kakuna at lvl 7 and learns Harden which it won't learn if you stop it from evolving (in Firered).

Bulbapedia is not a strategy guide, it is an encyclopedia. As such, we will not make suggestions to the readers.

We have prevo-only moves as a recent addition to our learnset lists. Readers can make their own decisions whether to evolve a Pokémon at its first available level, or to wait for a specific move to be obtained.

Re: Bulbapedia Simple Question Thread

Newbie question. I'm looking for an episode synopsis as a general style guideline to follow; I'm kinda confused as it seems some episodes have a blow-by-blow account detailing the characters' every breath, whereas others have a brief outline of events. AG002 and EP002 are contrasting examples of this.

Which is the preferred style? Personally, I think a brief summary is better but I'd rather have the official view before I start editing. Can anyone point me towards a decent example? Thanks.

I think that the longer summary is better, and some are just not as developed.

Although if we went with my transcript idea, we wouldn't need super-detailed summaries.

AFAIK no other Pokemon sites do it. I've done some digging and can't find any data either way on US law's approach to already-aired TV transcripts. Until I see a clear reason it is legal or not prosecuted as illegal by Nintendo/the TV distributors I think we have to work under the assumption that it is not legal.

AFAIK no other Pokemon sites do it. I've done some digging and can't find any data either way on US law's approach to already-aired TV transcripts. Until I see a clear reason it is legal or not prosecuted as illegal by Nintendo/the TV distributors I think we have to work under the assumption that it is not legal.

Probably. I imagine TPC wouldn't that happy (after all, seeing what they did to Beckett over card games), but MTV is a real stickler about unlicensed videos of their shows, yet it's easy to find things like transcripts of Futurama and South Park.

Now that Pokémon pages come before disambiguation pages, and disambiguation pages are now titled as "Pokémon (disambiguation)", wouldn't it make sense to remove the "(Pokémon)" part of the Pokémon pages' titles?

Now that Pokémon pages come before disambiguation pages, and disambiguation pages are now titled as "Pokémon (disambiguation)", wouldn't it make sense to remove the "(Pokémon)" part of the Pokémon pages' titles?
At the moment it's staying, partly because there's a small possibility that it could be changed back, and mostly because it makes it easier to pick out the links which are going to the wrong page. (e.g. Ash's [[Pikachu]])

Not to mention that changing {{p}} would crash the wiki. And removing it would take over 18000 edits. Basically, it would be too big a project.

So for the time being, please still use {{p}} to link to species pages. There's just no need to add the "(Pokémon)" if you're searching. (For those that are wondering, if you want it to say something different, put the alt text as the second parameter.)

Also, there's a chance (however small) that something else in the series will be named, say, Oddish. Leaving (Pokemon) keeps our options open down the road.

Not sure if this belongs here but I was looking at Rapidash's page and something doesn't seems right with its picture. I don't think it's showing updated artwork.

Not sure if this belongs here but I was looking at Rapidash's page and something doesn't seems right with its picture. I don't think it's showing updated artwork.
It's the artwork from RG, because it's the anniversary of the release of Red and Green versions (and as a result, the 'birthday' of Pokémon).

This is why we need to have a list of important dates somewhere.

Suggestion: someone compiles a list of important dates. (I was going to do this, but I don't think I will have time any more.)

Re: transcripts.

I tried to do one of EP061, and having pretty much no transcripting abilities, captured maybe every third line. Not gonna work without a group effort that includes some skilled people.

Also, there's a chance (however small) that something else in the series will be named, say, Oddish. Leaving (Pokemon) keeps our options open down the road.
Not that I oppose the idea of keeping (Pokémon) at the end of the page names (in fact, I'd rather leave it), if we were to have this happen, I think it would be better to have Oddish lead to the Pokémon and leave a disambig note on the top.

This is why we need to have a list of important dates somewhere.

Suggestion: someone compiles a list of important dates. (I was going to do this, but I don't think I will have time any more.)
I'll probably add some more to [bp=User:SnorlaxMonster/today]my template[/bp] when I have some spare time.

Back
Top Bottom