• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

On another note I would suggest that the administrators take down the protection or change protected articles to semi-protect regarding the Generation V stuff, because since everything is pretty much confirmed, the protection against speculation has served it's purpose, and unless if the administrators want to do it themselves, then it would be easier for them to change the protection settings.

Not happening, at least until after the games' offical release. We may keep them locked for a little bit then, as well... that will be left to the discretion of the Editorial Board.

People have a tendency to go overboard with speculation and irrelevant information soon after the release of main series titles.

Someone with proper Bulbapedia powers could please create the following redirects on protected page names:
Patrat (Pokemon) → Patrat (Pokémon)
Woobat (Pokemon) → Woobat (Pokémon)
Drilbur (Pokemon) → Drilbur (Pokémon)
Gothitelle (Pokemon) → Gothitelle (Pokémon)
Reuniclus (Pokemon) → Reuniclus (Pokémon)
Axew (Pokemon) → Axew (Pokémon)
After You → After You (move)
Sand Force → Sand Force (ability)

All other Pokémon, move, and ability redirects should be in place now.

Not happening, at least until after the games' offical release. We may keep them locked for a little bit then, as well... that will be left to the discretion of the Editorial Board.

People have a tendency to go overboard with speculation and irrelevant information soon after the release of main series titles.
yes but we should be more lenient. provided we are watching the RC properly we can stop speculation.

{{outdated}}
{{incomplete}}
{{Infobox location
<!--|image=-->
|type=building
|location_name=Unity Tower
|japanese_name=ユナイテッドタワー
|translated_name=United Tower
|location=Southwest of [[Castelia City]]
|region=Unova
|generation={{gen|V}}
<!--|map=-->
}}

The '''Unity Tower''' (Japanese: '''ユナイテッドタワー''' ''United Tower'') is on an island in the [[Unova]] region. It is only accessible from the Unity Pier in Castelia City after an international interaction. There is only one building on the Island, which is the United Tower. Leaving the island via boat takes the {{player}} back to [[Castelia City]].

The Tower has 131 floors (130 being the amount of countries recognized by Geonet) and will have the foreign players appear as NPCs on their country's respective floor. They will mention the interaction that the player had with them.

==Trivia==
* This location was not accessible until the game was released internationally, due to its nature.

{{-}}
{{stub|Location}}
{{Unova}}

[[Category:Black and White locations]]
[[Category:Towers]]

[[es:Torre Unida]]

[[ja:ユナイテッドタワー]]

Here's my edit to Unity Tower, but I couldn't save it because of the edit lock. Please edit the page with this after editing is unlocked again; I may not remember.

Also, add in to the general wiki that development of multi-use TMs must have started in HeartGold and SoulSilver's time, thus why even a TM with such a weak move like Snarl was too important to let into Team Rocket's hands. (talking about lock capsule)

Last edited:
{{outdated}}
{{incomplete}}
{{Infobox location
<!--|image=-->
|type=building
|location_name=Unity Tower
|japanese_name=ユナイテッドタワー
|translated_name=United Tower
|location=Southwest of [[Castelia City]]
|region=Unova
|generation={{gen|V}}
<!--|map=-->
}}

The '''Unity Tower''' (Japanese: '''ユナイテッドタワー''' ''United Tower'') is on an island in the [[Unova]] region. It is only accessible from the Unity Pier in Castelia City after an international interaction. There is only one building on the Island, which is the United Tower. Leaving the island via boat takes the {{player}} back to [[Castelia City]].

The Tower has 131 floors (130 being the amount of countries recognized by Geonet) and will have the foreign players appear as NPCs on their country's respective floor. They will mention the interaction that the player had with them.

==Trivia==
* This location was not accessible until the game was released internationally, due to its nature.

{{-}}
{{stub|Location}}
{{Unova}}

[[Category:Black and White locations]]
[[Category:Towers]]

[[es:Torre Unida]]

[[ja:ユナイテッドタワー]]

Here's my edit to Unity Tower, but I couldn't save it because of the edit lock. Please edit the page with this after editing is unlocked again; I may not remember.
I updated the page with the information you provided, but rephrased a few bits (see the page history if you want to know what).

Also, add in to the general wiki that development of multi-use TMs must have started in HeartGold and SoulSilver's time, thus why even a TM with such a weak move like Snarl was too important to let into Team Rocket's hands. (talking about lock capsule)
I didn't add this because it's pretty much speculation.

I updated the page with the information you provided, but rephrased a few bits (see the page history if you want to know what).
Just to note, it's not just foreign players that appear, players from the same country as you show too. Also the floors appear to be sorted by the alphabetical order of the language you're playing in, so for example England is a higher floor in a Japanese United Tower than United Kingdom is in an English Unity Tower.

Also the Korean BW release date has been announced, 21 April.

Also, by the way, your lists of what badges are needed for BW HMs are completely messed up. By trading, I've used Strength and Fly with only 2 badges. However to confirm if there is a limit you'd need to hack all 6 HMs in without a badge(no trading until you get one badge), and hack around different areas to try(all Dive-spots are post-game, etc).

Last edited:
Just to note, it's not just foreign players that appear, players from the same country as you show too. Also the floors appear to be sorted by the alphabetical order of the language you're playing in, so for example England is a higher floor in a Japanese United Tower than United Kingdom is in an English Unity Tower.
Added

Also the Korean BW release date has been announced, 21 April.
Adyniz did this

The female professor's full name is given in the strategy guide, on page 13, as "Professor Aurea Juniper". Makes me wonder if the Japanese guide named Aurea and Cedric. Also, it mentions a name for the "Dream Catalogue" on page 82, although I have the UK version of the guide, which may be just using a UK spelling. I believe the common US spelling is catalog?
On pages 6-7 it also says the Royal Unova reward is dependant on the day;
Tuesdays having three trainers aboard and a reward of Berry Juice,
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays having four trainers aboard and a reward of a Lava Cookie,
Thursdays having five trainers aboard and a reward of an Old Gateau,
Saturdays having six trainers aboard and a reward of a RageCandyBar,
and Sundays having seven trainers aboard and a reward of a Rare Candy.
Also, on page 28, names are given for the four "phenomena",
"Rustling Grass", "Dust Cloud", "Flying Pokémon's Shadow", and "Rippling Water". It also says phenomena only start to appear after you obtain the first Gym Badge, which is interesting.
Also! A small note about Darumaka on page 98 confirms the translation "Hidden Ability" for its Inner Focus.
And, according to page 206, the fog on Routes 14 and 15 only clears away one day a year--your birthday.

Last edited:
The female professor's full name is given in the strategy guide, on page 13, as "Professor Aurea Juniper". Makes me wonder if the Japanese guide named Aurea and Cedric.
Thanks, the professors pages have been dealt with now.

On pages 6-7 it also says the Royal Unova reward is dependant on the day;
Tuesdays having three trainers aboard and a reward of Berry Juice,
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays having four trainers aboard and a reward of a Lava Cookie,
Thursdays having five trainers aboard and a reward of an Old Gateau,
Saturdays having six trainers aboard and a reward of a RageCandyBar,
and Sundays having seven trainers aboard and a reward of a Rare Candy.
Do you know if it is set Trainers for each day, or just a random selection of that number from a pool of Trainers? I've just added the days to the items for now.

Also, on page 28, names are given for the four "phenomena",
"Rustling Grass", "Dust Cloud", "Flying Pokémon's Shadow", and "Rippling Water". It also says phenomena only start to appear after you obtain the first Gym Badge, which is interesting.
Does it use the term phenomena? I would rather have one page for all four if possible.

Also! A small note about Darumaka on page 98 confirms the translation "Hidden Ability" for its Inner Focus.
In that case? Or as "hidden ability"?

And, according to page 206, the fog on Routes 14 and 15 only clears away one day a year--your birthday.
So I guess it's a little like diamond dust? I'll add that to the pages.

Do you know if it is set Trainers for each day, or just a random selection of that number from a pool of Trainers? I've just added the days to the items for now.
Unfortunately I don't know, although I'd guess the way the guide seems very unspecific about the trainers on board means it's not set for each day, where they list trainers you face everywhere else and even have a full list of the 30 in Black City/White Forest.
Does it use the term phenomena? I would rather have one page for all four if possible.
It does use the term phenomena, I'll type in the whole paragraph. All casing is preserved.
"phenomena" is only capitalised once, when it appears at the start of a sentence.
The phenomena names are capitalised when given as headers(twice each, thrice for Rippling Water), but not capitalised when in normal text(twice each, thrice for rustling grass). Pokémon in flying Pokémon's shadow is always capitalised regardless.
"Adventure Info
Track Pokémon by following the phenomena
Some of the Unova region Pokémon can be found by noticing certain phenomena in the field. There are four such special
phenomena: rustling grass, dust cloud, flying Pokémon's shadow, and rippling water. Many of these Pokémon can only be
caught when these phenomena appear. If you notice one of these, hurry to investigate--and catch those Pokémon!
Special places where certain Pokémon appear
<>Phenomena start to appear after you obtain the first Gym Badge.
Rustling Grass
Can be seen in tall grass. Walk into
the rustling area and a Pokémon
appears.
Dust Cloud
Can be seen in caves. Walk into the
dust cloud and you will either find an
item or face a Pokémon.
Flying Pokémon's Shadow
Can be seen on Driftveil Drawbridge
and Marvelous Bridge. Step on the
shadow and you will either find an
item or face a Pokémon.
Rippling Water
Can be seen on the water's surface.
A Pokémon will appear if you surf
over the rippling water or cast into it
with the Super Rod."
In that case? Or as "hidden ability"?
In That Case. It shows Darumaka's name, picture, types, and abilities with Inner Focus highlighted in red, and says:
"Darumaka with the Hidden Ability Inner Focus don't
appear in the wild."
Also, checking through, page 188 has:
"The Musharna
you meet here have the Hidden
Ability Telepathy."
and page 191 also has:
"The Darmanitan here have the Hidden Ability Zen
Mode."
Also, page 73 has a similar bio of Munna to the one of Darumaka, that says:
"Munna with the Hidden Ability Telepathy don't
appear in the wild."

Also, it looks like this page is slightly messed up in Ryoku's section, the section title Ryokushi should be Ryoku, and there's a stray " in the English name section.

Also, on pages 150, 226 and 227, the central area of the Giant Chasm is called the "Crater Forest" (what is currently called "Plains" on Bulbapedia). The other parts are given slightly less interesting names, "Entrance", "Cave" and "Cave's Deepest Part".

Also, I found there is a list of the Royal Unova trainers in the guide, hidden away in the index on pages 244-245. Doesn't show locations or say if they're random or appear on set days though. They are: Ace Trainer Henry, Ace Trainer Mariana, Lady Elizandra, Rich Boy Brad, Gentleman Robert, Youngster Abe, Clerk MChaz, Socialite Cassandra, Lass Sibyl, and Maid Tanya.

Last edited:
I don't know how to format it properly (nor can I edit the page), but can http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_rounds_in_the_seventh_chapter_of_Pokémon_Adventures be edited please? Volume 38 contains 4 chapters, "VSディアルガ&パルキア" (VS Dialga & Palkia) III through VI. "III" contains the remainder of what was originally IV, and the rest are what was originally V.

Furthermore, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_rounds_in_the_eighth_chapter_of_Pokémon_Adventures should be edited, as the first six chapters have been released in volume 38. I have not read the original, nor have I read the manga release, so I don't know how the chapters differ. All I know is that the chapters are:
1 - VS Lopunny (VSミミロップ)
2 - VS Porygon-Z (VSポリゴンZ)
3 - VS Gallade I (VSエルレイド I)
4 - VS Gallade II (VSエルレイド II)
5 - VS Claydol (VSネンドール)
6 - VS Ivysaur (VSフシギソウ)

Although this is not related to BW, can someone add Cyrus's quotes from Celestic Town on to his page? They include battle quotes.

Hey, the lyrics for the full versions of a few of the Japanese Ending songs are missing/Incomplete. I know the wiki's on lockdown now, but this could be done when the BW hype ends. I'd do it myself, but I can't read Japanese.

Songs missing lyrics:

-Because the sky is there- Missing the second half of both the English and Japanese lyrics.
(I found a video with the Japanese lyrics that \appears to be from the 8th movie dvd, but I can't read Japanese.)

-Smile- Missing non-romanized lyrics.

-To your Heart Lalala- Is missing English and non-romanized Japanese lyrics for its second half.

Hey, the lyrics for the full versions of a few of the Japanese Ending songs are missing/Incomplete. I know the wiki's on lockdown now, but this could be done when the BW hype ends. I'd do it myself, but I can't read Japanese.

Songs missing lyrics:

-Because the sky is there- Missing the second half of both the English and Japanese lyrics.
(I found a video with the Japanese lyrics that \appears to be from the 8th movie dvd, but I can't read Japanese.)

-Smile- Missing non-romanized lyrics.

-To your Heart Lalala- Is missing English and non-romanized Japanese lyrics for its second half.
Just looked over the three of these and they are some of the older pages that we need to change into the newer format, as we have for the Best Wishes Japanese opening.

I'm not really familiar with the Music sections, but I'll look for an incomplete template. I'd do it too, but I'm only beginner Japanese.

The wings need renaming:
Strength Wing = Health Wing
Power Wing = Muscle Wing
Resistance Wing = Resist Wing
Wisdom Wing = Genius Wing
Mind Wing = Clever Wing
Instant Wing = Swift Wing

Found the names by collecting the wings myself.

EDIT: Beautiful Wing is Pretty Wing.

Last edited:
Very minor one, but the Escape Item PokéToy is actually called Poké Toy.

EDIT: Oh, and the class Pilot keeps its name.

EDIT2: The sign outside Shopping Mall Nine reads

Shopping Mall Nine
Colorful and wonderful!​

Last edited:
And I thought all the items were moved...? Looking at what hasn't got replaced on the wiki:
Heart Sweets got renamed Sweet Heart (confirmed in-game)
Deru Balls got renamed Pass Orb (confirmed in-game)
Lid Fossil got renamed Cover Fossil (confirmed in-game)
Wing Fossil got renamed Plume Fossil (confirmed in-game)
Pumice Stone got renamed Float Stone (confirmed in guide)

And I thought all the items were moved...? Looking at what hasn't got replaced on the wiki:
Heart Sweets got renamed Sweet Heart (confirmed in-game)
Deru Balls got renamed Pass Orb (confirmed in-game)
Lid Fossil got renamed Cover Fossil (confirmed in-game)
Wing Fossil got renamed Plume Fossil (confirmed in-game)
Pumice Stone got renamed Float Stone (confirmed in guide)

The Cover and Plume Fossils have been replaced.

Oh, and the Bull's Eye is now the Ring Target.

Back
Top Bottom