• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Concerning my removal of trivia from Manectric and Ampharos I should have added an edit summary. I removed it because I don't think its notable. "An Ampharos with Plus paired with a Pokémon with Minus can potentially have a Special Attack of 540 without stat-boosting moves, the highest of any Pokémon" what about Skill Swapping Plus or Minus to another Pokemon?

The Trainer Class Musician is still called Musician, though the Gev V trainers template says that it still needs its English name. Minor thing, obviously, just wanted to let you know.

EDIT: Points are accumulated for the Wonder Launcher exactly how you would expect them to be. You get 1 point at the start of every turn.

Last edited:
Also, Bulbapedia is no longer under such strain, so let the examples fly

I'm still getting really slow load times and frequent page load failures. I'll try to put together a list of examples when it gets better.

Concerning my removal of trivia from Manectric and Ampharos I should have added an edit summary. I removed it because I don't think its notable. "An Ampharos with Plus paired with a Pokémon with Minus can potentially have a Special Attack of 540 without stat-boosting moves, the highest of any Pokémon" what about Skill Swapping Plus or Minus to another Pokemon?

It's an ability that Ampharos can have naturally, and using its ability allows it to surpass Deoxys. Let me repeat: It can have it naturally. That's notable, and is clearly intended by the developers. That Ampharos doesn't need to do anything besides be using its ability to let off a stronger Hyper Beam than Deoxys. My wording in the original edit may not have been the greatest, but that's why it's notable.

Also, since it's relevant, I'm going to note that both Azumarill and Medicham have discussions about how powerful their abilities make them in their trivia - whether or not they are notable is being called into question here, but I think they do a good job of putting the power of the abilities in question in context: Saying an ability raises the Pokémon's absolute Attack by 50% or whatever is one thing; explaining that as a result of this, a Pokémon has the second highest absolute Attack stat after a certain legendary Pokémon lets you see what that actually means, and I think that makes for a richer Bulbapedia.

Esoteric Skill Swap combinations aren't exactly notable in their own right, but I'm fully in favour of trivia detailing just how much cheese you can load into something - Shuckle's stat trivia is detailed and informative. I'd hate to see someone decide that a Pokémon being able to deal 213,896,052 wasn't notable as trivia.

In BW, the Experience Share is obtainable by the Pokemon Fanclub Chairman.
Done. Thanks for notifying us! ^^

The Trainer Class Musician is still called Musician, though the Gev V trainers template says that it still needs its English name. Minor thing, obviously, just wanted to let you know.

EDIT: Points are accumulated for the Wonder Launcher exactly how you would expect them to be. You get 1 point at the start of every turn.
It looks like ArcToraphim has already taken care of this.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

It's an ability that Ampharos can have naturally, and using its ability allows it to surpass Deoxys. Let me repeat: It can have it naturally. That's notable, and is clearly intended by the developers. That Ampharos doesn't need to do anything besides be using its ability to let off a stronger Hyper Beam than Deoxys. My wording in the original edit may not have been the greatest, but that's why it's notable.

I think I made a mistake when removing from the Ampharos page, because the trivia didn’t mention items I thought with Choice Specs Deoxys can have a higher Sp. Att (probably thought that from the Deoxys trivia that had that issue, that I had just removed). But I’ve realised that’s wrong as well because an Ampharos can hold choice specs too. I do still stand by my removal of the trivia from Deoxys’ and Manectric’s pages though. I think the Ampharos trivia is kind of situational for trivia, but yeah it was a mistake to remove it.

just wanted to debunk Nate's earlier comment that BP is very much still under heavy strain. we are working to fix this as best we can.

When Poppy asked the question, the wiki was fine. As we were having a real time conversation, the wiki would have been perfectly capable for a history search. Get your facts straight.

the server hasnt been fine in over a month, idk what youre on about.

At the time I said it, it was later at night when the wiki works fine compared to when it has errors. I wasn't having any errors at all, and was able to do the search myself.

Saying the server has been absolutely horrible for the past month is not necessarily true. Now, this is neither here nor there, so we either need to move this argument somewhere else, or drop it.

Repeat Balls are buyable only at the Pokémon League in BW. Also, I saw a Spring Form Deerling in the Battle Subway, but it's Autumn!

The pages for BW023 and BW024 say the episode are delayed indefinitely but are airing at a later time....that's a huge contradiction. delayed indefinitely would mean it won't ever air.

Samurott's French name is Clamiral.

EDIT: Oh, and I'll just add further confirmation that the Trainer Class known on Bulbapedia is definitely called Depot Agent. Just fought one in the Battle Subway.

Last edited:
*raises hand*

For in-game legendaries, those with and without special happenings connected to them, is there a place that lists those? Such as Tornadus and Thundurus appear as soon as you beat the Opelucid Gym and enter route 10, or that Lati@s start roaming in RuSaEm immediate post game?

And even if they are, can we please have those on the species pages? -_x Seriously, this is as important as the "where it can be found" templates, which "roaming" doesn't cover.

Back
Top Bottom