• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

In Resort Gorgeous, Lady Gillian's Mareeps both have Stardust, and her Flaafy has a Nugget. Jack's Hoppip and Skiploom both have Stardust. Selphy's Persians both have Nuggets.

Every single Black Belt, Crush Girl and Crush Kin in FireRed/LeafGreen has a Black Belt on every single one of their Pokémon.

In Resort Gorgeous, Lady Gillian's Mareeps both have Stardust, and her Flaafy has a Nugget. Jack's Hoppip and Skiploom both have Stardust. Selphy's Persians both have Nuggets.

Every single Black Belt, Crush Girl and Crush Kin in FireRed/LeafGreen has a Black Belt on every single one of their Pokémon.

Just a note about spelling. Plural of Pokémon names is simply the Pokémon's name. Two Mareep, two Persian, etc...

*raises hand*

For in-game legendaries, those with and without special happenings connected to them, is there a place that lists those? Such as Tornadus and Thundurus appear as soon as you beat the Opelucid Gym and enter route 10, or that Lati@s start roaming in RuSaEm immediate post game?

And even if they are, can we please have those on the species pages? -_x Seriously, this is as important as the "where it can be found" templates, which "roaming" doesn't cover.

I agree; this should be listed on the species pages. I don't know where to compile a generic list though... maybe by game on the "Pokémon X and Y Versions" page...

*raises hand*

For in-game legendaries, those with and without special happenings connected to them, is there a place that lists those? Such as Tornadus and Thundurus appear as soon as you beat the Opelucid Gym and enter route 10, or that Lati@s start roaming in RuSaEm immediate post game?

And even if they are, can we please have those on the species pages? -_x Seriously, this is as important as the "where it can be found" templates, which "roaming" doesn't cover.

Perhaps we could combine this with this suggestion.

There should be a Trivia section in Lara Laramie's page, to feature the origin of her name.
BTW, her surename in both English and Japanese is based on the old Western The Man from Laramie.

I love this site, but to be honest, the thing I love the most is the trivia. Is there any way to automatically set everything but trivia to be closed so I dont have to page down the whole way to trivia?

Foreign Traveler: feel free to add that once the site is opened - this will hopefully be soon!

Sorry, betterthanbonds8, it's a complete package.

You can hit the End button on your keyboard to jump to the page bottom. Or you can select Trivia in the table of contents box.

There appears to be an error on Mew's page.

In an interview with Game Freak and Creatures, Inc. in Nintendo Power issue 134, Tsunekaz Ishihara revealed that he created Mew two weeks before game development was finished.

Shouldn't this say Shigeki Morimoto instead of Tsunekaz Ishihara? There's no citation listed, so I can't be sure.

I suggest the word lambent be added to Lampent's name origin. It means glowing, gleaming, or flickering with a soft radiance, to quote Google's definition. Often refers to flames and such.

The citation is given - just not with a link to an online document. I always thought Morimoto created Mew as well, and I think I have seen a source that says as such. If anyone has the Nintendo Power magazine, could you doublecheck what that says?

Thanks.

Morimoto was the one who put Mew in the game, not necessarily the one who created it. We already know that there were originally going to be 190 Pokémon, so Mew was almost certainly one of the removed ones. So if the Nintendo Power Magazine does state that it was Tsunekaz Ishihara, I would say that it is most likely correct.

The citation is given - just not with a link to an online document. I always thought Morimoto created Mew as well, and I think I have seen a source that says as such. If anyone has the Nintendo Power magazine, could you doublecheck what that says?

Thanks.

Yeah, I meant there was no external link. ^^;

It says that Morimoto-san created Mew on his page on the 'pedia. In all honesty, this wouldn't be the first time that people have mixed up someone else for Ishihara-san (hello everyone on the internet putting his picture up and thinking it's Tajiri-san XD).

I suppose this would be the place...
becketgscpokemonpage4fk2.jpg

Here's some beta art of some GSC pokemon I thought should be added. They seem pretty close to their final forms, although the proportions are messed up on a lot of them, and there's notable differences between Entei, Raikou, Larvitar, Lugia, Celebi and especially Hitmontop(Note the missing leg.) Also note Houndoom's Red horns, and Seaking's ugly face.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, before R/G, weren't pokemon only supposed to evolve once if at all? I remember reading that, but I'm not sure where.
And the beta names of Abra and Kadabra seem to support that(Hocus and Pocus; note that there's not a third thing that goes with Hocus Pocus.)

Also, I know it's off topic, but are some of the beta names for Gen I Pokémon just better than their official ones? I think so.
Like Ess and Kargo, as well as Att and Lantis. Meduza, Skulkraken, Tonguetyd and the Machop line's names were also good, and Eon for Eevee makes SO MUCH SENSE.

Back
Top Bottom