• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

While that would be nice, I don't think it's possible. Previewing certainly uses less server resources than an edit. However the way MediaWiki seems to be set up, you can only preview an edit which you can save.

Well, when the database is locked (when even the staff cannot edit), you can preview but not save.

The note on Ghetsis being father of N and N being son of Ghetsis should say:

While N and Ghetsis share a surname, neither Ghetsis nor N explicitly claim that they are father and son. Ryoku states that not even the Seven Sages know if they have this relationship or not.

Also, on Kyurem's page, add that it is the only member of the Tao trio that can be shiny, and that its overworld sprite is ambiguous, looking like both normal Kyurem and Shiny Kyurem.

Last edited:
- Yellow introduced lots of colors for the Generation I cities and routes: a light green and blue for the routes, red for Cinnabar, yellow for Saffron City, green for Celadon City...it would be nice if those were in the actual cities.
- Information on the online Pokémon TCG, with information on decks and the NPCs.

The note on Ghetsis being father of N and N being son of Ghetsis should say:

While N and Ghetsis share a surname, neither Ghetsis nor N explicitly claim that they are father and son. Ryoku states that not even the Seven Sages know if they have this relationship or not.

Also, on Kyurem's page, add that it is the only member of the Tao trio that can be shiny, and that its overworld sprite is ambiguous, looking like both normal Kyurem and Shiny Kyurem.

I agree with the N and Ghetsis bit, but I thought Reshiram and Zekrom could be shiny if you had to catch it in Dragonspiral Tower instead of the castle.

Since Trom told me that this is also the Simple Questions thread, here's a simple question for you to answer.

What are the various HTML "classes" that Bulbapedia has? I know some: usermessage, noticebar, roundy, expandable, sortable, hoverexpand. What are the others and what do they do?

Thanks!

Since Trom told me that this is also the Simple Questions thread, here's a simple question for you to answer.

What are the various HTML "classes" that Bulbapedia has? I know some: usermessage, noticebar, roundy, expandable, sortable, hoverexpand. What are the others and what do they do?

Thanks!
Anything on this page preceded by a full stop is a class. What they do is the HTML code in braces ("curly brackets") following.

actually, something implemented in Gen III, some trainers that look around, they will specifically target you if you are running so you literally cant run past them.

Old topic, but I just wanted to mention that I found a minute ago that I can manipulate some NPCs by simply pressing B. It's the walking trio of Fighting type trainers in Wellspring Cave, B1F, so I haven't had a chance to check pivoting / randomly turning ones.

Lenora's trivia section still says "Sugimori art" which should be "Ohmura art" because Yusuke Ohmura was the artist for the gym leaders.

actually, something implemented in Gen III, some trainers that look around, they will specifically target you if you are running so you literally cant run past them.

In Generation II there were a few trainers (such as in Union Cave) that pivoted directions. For some it could be timed properly and you could waltz right past them.

In Generation II there were a few trainers (such as in Union Cave) that pivoted directions. For some it could be timed properly and you could waltz right past them.
yes, but when they specifically introduced running [shoes], the player literally cant run past pivoting trainers. if you encounter a rotating trainer and you literally run around them, even after theyve been defeated, they will watch your movement.

That reminds me, that's what I didn't like about Generation III, is that trainers could walk. Previously, if an NPC walked, that was a surefire sign that they weren't a trainer, and could possibly even give you an item.

Thought you might want to know that it seems that Hilbert and Hilda's Pokémon can have either of their 2 abilities on the Subway.

That it to say, I've had the Braviary listed on the Hilda article with both Sheer Force AND Keen Eye before, and Hilda's Klinklang just had the Plus ability when the previous one (with the same moveset and hold item) had the ability Minus.

Suggestion: Add a field for announcer quotes (from Stadium and PBR) for move pages.

Ride that Surf!
It burrowed underground!
It created a Substitute!

About: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pichu_Bros._in_Party_Panic

Is there any source for the japanese title "ピチューの兄弟の野生の冒険"? According to ja.wikipedia and other japanese sources it's "ぼくたちピチューブラザーズ・パーティはおおさわぎ!のまき", or?

About http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_Chronicles_episodes resp. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_side_story_episodes

Accourding to en.wikipedia & jp.wikipedia the 2. part those 2-part eps with Nyarth are "changed":

en.wp:
H6/C19(1): 出会いのミレニアムタウン - "Of Meowth And Pokémon" (1)
H10/C19(2): メイッコルリリは大迷惑? - "Of Meowth And Pokémon" (2)
H9/C21(1): 迷探偵ニャース参上! - "Big Meowth, Little Dreams" (1)
H7/C21(2): アルバイトはたいへんニャース!? - "Big Meowth, Little Dreams" (2)

sorted after SS:
H6/C19(1): 出会いのミレニアムタウン - "Of Meowth And Pokémon" (1)
H7/C21(2): アルバイトはたいへんニャース!? - "Big Meowth, Little Dreams" (2)
H9/C21(1): 迷探偵ニャース参上! - "Big Meowth, Little Dreams" (1)
H10/C19(2): メイッコルリリは大迷惑? - "Of Meowth And Pokémon" (2)

bulba->Chronicles&Side Story (both with same sorting regarding these Nyarth eps):
SS006: Of Meowth and Pokémon (1) - 出会いのミレニアムタウン
SS007: Of Meowth and Pokémon (2) - アルバイトはたいへんニャース!?
SS009: Big Meowth, Little Dreams (1) - 迷探偵ニャース参上!
SS010: Big Meowth, Little Dreams (2) - メイッコルリリは大迷惑?

=> part 2 of each is "changed". Only question would be what's right and I believe it's wiki, or?

Last edited:
A few pages back it was mentioned that a third held item thing was introduced, which Serebii originally labeled as "Dream World exclusive". He's since changed that to "1%", implying that such items are obtainable normally on their wild Pokemon. I can confirm this- a Clefairy I caught in the Giant Chasm was holding the Comet Shard. When Serebii originally posted this, he reported it as Dream World Clefairy would be holding Comet Shards.

I've also tried to find a Garbodor with a Big Nugget, but no luck there so far.

A few other things that might be worth noting;

*In Generation IV, if a Shiny Pokemon broke out of a Poke Ball, it would sparkle again. This no longer happens in Generation V. Confirmed by myself, when a Shiny Swellow I encountered in Giant Chasm broke out of the Quick Ball I threw.

*I need to research this more, but it seems that some hidden items re-spawn when the season changes. I had the Dowsing MCHN going in areas where I KNOW I had gotten all items there, hidden or otherwise, and it would detect items anyway. In particular, the TinyMushrooms near the entrance to Mistralton Cave, and the Pearls on the tiny stretch of beach directly north of Undella Town. There were others as well.

EDIT: SnorlaxMonster, a page on Pokemon that can't be traded without nicknames is not needed, they've fixed the fail filter on the GTS. Multiple people have un-nicknamed english Cofagrigus up for trade, and I myself succeeded in trading an un-nicknamed english Skuntank.

With a mustache.

Last edited:
The Nacrene Gym Glitch didn't work for me. I just moved the bookcase on Black and the text box doesn't show up. No I have not left the room and yes I am on the stepladder.

It's a European copy, BTW.

Back
Top Bottom