• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PK10
"was first broadcast in Japan on December 24, 2002"
"First broadcast -> Japan: December 22, 2000"
- what?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_Chronicles_episodes
compare the eps of Winter Vacation => all four released at "December 24, 2002" => good trolling -.-.
Compare with:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu_shorts
=> different.
It's because of confusion -- the "First broadcast" should really be something like 'First released', it was released to video and then not broadcast on TV Tokyo network for years. Some of the Winter Vacations apparently never got broadcast on TV Tokyo network.
--It's also a bit of a double-standard; Pikachu shorts lists Japanese VHS dates but not US VHS dates(PK05,6).
A few pages back it was mentioned that a third held item thing was introduced, which Serebii originally labeled as "Dream World exclusive". He's since changed that to "1%", implying that such items are obtainable normally on their wild Pokemon. I can confirm this- a Clefairy I caught in the Giant Chasm was holding the Comet Shard. When Serebii originally posted this, he reported it as Dream World Clefairy would be holding Comet Shards.

I've also tried to find a Garbodor with a Big Nugget, but no luck there so far.

A few other things that might be worth noting;

*In Generation IV, if a Shiny Pokemon broke out of a Poke Ball, it would sparkle again. This no longer happens in Generation V. Confirmed by myself, when a Shiny Swellow I encountered in Giant Chasm broke out of the Quick Ball I threw.

*I need to research this more, but it seems that some hidden items re-spawn when the season changes. I had the Dowsing MCHN going in areas where I KNOW I had gotten all items there, hidden or otherwise, and it would detect items anyway. In particular, the TinyMushrooms near the entrance to Mistralton Cave, and the Pearls on the tiny stretch of beach directly north of Undella Town. There were others as well.

EDIT: SnorlaxMonster, a page on Pokemon that can't be traded without nicknames is not needed, they've fixed the fail filter on the GTS. Multiple people have un-nicknamed english Cofagrigus up for trade, and I myself succeeded in trading an un-nicknamed english Skuntank.

With a mustache.
I managed to find a Garbodor holding a Big Nugget back before Serebii changed it, even took a picture of the battle screen. Only took me several hours and about 40 Garbodors.

Also, yeah, I think the BW guide does say that some hidden items respawn. They've been doing it since at least FRLG though.

Last edited:
I have no idea if this has been suggested before, and I literally just registered to ask for this. But anyway, I would like it if on a Pokemon's move list, there could be a section for "Moves Exclusive to Prior Generations", this is a good thing to have considering you can bring Pokemon from Gen III to Gen IV to Gen V, meaning there can be very useful moves to learn that can be used for competitive play.

i'm not sure i understand what you mean. are you saying we should have a page for moves that Pokémon can only learn in older games?

I believe so. Maybe not a whole page, but another table kinda like the one for moves exclusive to prior evolutions.

Also: When - if ever - will Bulbapedia be unlocked?
people deserve an answer, and that answer is simply "the server isnt ready"
I have a to-do list that's like 30 or 40 things ling and would reeeeeally like to get around to dealing with it at some point. Too bad I'm not on the staff...

I believe so. Maybe not a whole page, but another table kinda like the one for moves exclusive to prior evolutions.

I have a to-do list that's like 30 or 40 things ling and would reeeeeally like to get around to dealing with it at some point. Too bad I'm not on the staff...

YAY I'm not the only one who makes endless to-do lists for Bulbapedia! Those lucky staff members I envy you :)

True, no idea about Trick. But since it reflects the effect back to the user, the distinction on moves used by the bouncer on itself doesn't seem important. Or does your second example refer to beneficial effects used by an ally? My guess is that those would be reflected, as a drawback for the ability.

Of course, the text still needs elaborations. I don't think anyone has gotten around to testing it yet. For example, if it's as I think, and it only reflects effects targetting the pokemon with the ability, and not when any pokemon on the field is targetted, that would be a good addition to the text.

But here I'm only addressing the moves, rather than the targets, and though there are exceptions to be noted and listed (Memento, possibly Trick), I can't off the top of my head think of an example of "stat lowering status moves ..., non-damaging Status ailment inducing moves, entry hazard causing moves, moves like Taunt and Torment, and so on" that is not a Status move.

That's why I think exceptions should be noted instead of examples.
Well, all the move pages have a parameter on the infobox as to whether or not they are affected by Magic Coat. It would be very simple to make an addition to the template to categorize all moves affected by Magic Coat (I'm pretty sure Magic Bounce works the same way) in one category, then link to that category from Magic Coat and Magic Bounce.

I have no idea if this has been suggested before, and I literally just registered to ask for this. But anyway, I would like it if on a Pokemon's move list, there could be a section for "Moves Exclusive to Prior Generations", this is a good thing to have considering you can bring Pokemon from Gen III to Gen IV to Gen V, meaning there can be very useful moves to learn that can be used for competitive play.
I believe this was considered when we implemented the pre-evolution moves. I think it is a great idea. However, of course, on the Gen I and II learnsets we would have Gen I and II moves (but moves that only exist in Gen II wouldn't be on the Gen I learnlist), only Gen III moves on Gen III, Gen III and IV on Gen IV, and Gen III IV and V moves on Gen V.

Also, yeah, I think the BW guide does say that some hidden items respawn. They've been doing it since at least FRLG though.
In FRLG, I think only the hidden Berries in Berry Forest and the items on Treasure Beach respawned. AFAIK, they haven't done it again until now.

YAY I'm not the only one who makes endless to-do lists for Bulbapedia! Those lucky staff members I envy you :)
Don't worry, we have even longer to-do lists (well, I do - I don't know about the other staff members).

I'm beginning to doubt their claims of so much B&W server stress causing them to shut it down. But likely a big boom of people attempting to update long-needed articles will cause it to go down again.

I'm beginning to doubt their claims of so much B&W server stress causing them to shut it down. But likely a big boom of people attempting to update long-needed articles will cause it to go down again.

You think we don't want it unlocked as much as you?

I'm beginning to doubt their claims of so much B&W server stress causing them to shut it down.
I agree completely. The games are now, what, 35 days old? Black and White may be popular and awesome and epic and all, and there may be plenty of pages the staff missed, but you can't blame the games for the lockdown. Not anymore. Not after five-and-a-bit weeks of their existence in the US and EU. Ten days or two weeks is OK, but not anything more than that. I will mention that in September there was an 11 day lockdown due to the Japanese versions—and that was it. 37 days—which is what we're at now—is a looooooong time.

For the record, here's what it says when you try to edit it and you aren't staff:
Editing is currently locked. The administrator who locked it offered this explanation:

We're sorry for the server lockdown, again. It was recently unlocked for testing purposes, and the results showed many errors. So the site is being closed once again, but hopefully, for less than a week. (by MAGNEDETH at 06:48, March 13, 2011)

Just out of curiosity, if not for load, why do you think we're trying to keep it shut down?

I can reinforce Deth's claim; load is still well above pre-BW levels. But, also as he said, we're looking to unlock it ASAP.

Well, all the move pages have a parameter on the infobox as to whether or not they are affected by Magic Coat. It would be very simple to make an addition to the template to categorize all moves affected by Magic Coat (I'm pretty sure Magic Bounce works the same way) in one category, then link to that category from Magic Coat and Magic Bounce.
That does sound like a good solution.

I agree completely. The games are now, what, 35 days old? Black and White may be popular and awesome and epic and all, and there may be plenty of pages the staff missed, but you can't blame the games for the lockdown. Not anymore. Not after five-and-a-bit weeks of their existence in the US and EU. Ten days or two weeks is OK, but not anything more than that. I will mention that in September there was an 11 day lockdown due to the Japanese versions—and that was it. 37 days—which is what we're at now—is a looooooong time.

For the record, here's what it says when you try to edit it and you aren't staff:

For the record the september lockdown was for HeartGold and Soulsilver a REMAKE. New pokemon didn't have to be added, Japanese names did not have to be translated, New Route articles didn't have to be made and translated. Black and white were a NEW region where all japanese text had to be translated. That is why it is still lock. I rather have a clean smooth site than the glitchy one back on march 13. And I remember because I had to re-edit 3 times before it worked. So be pacient like the rest of us please.

you guys can speculate all you want, but as we have stated, WE DONT LIKE HAVING THE SITE LOCKED! however, even though the servers still arent ready, look for it to be unlocked in the next day or so.

YEEEESSSSSSSS!!! THANK YOU MAGNEDETH!!!
And I knew you admins hate having it locked - you've said it in at least twenty other places. I can speak for everyone and say we all hate having it locked. So thank you.

For the record the september lockdown was for HeartGold and Soulsilver a REMAKE. New pokemon didn't have to be added, Japanese names did not have to be translated, New Route articles didn't have to be made and translated. Black and white were a NEW region where all japanese text had to be translated. That is why it is still lock. I rather have a clean smooth site than the glitchy one back on march 13. And I remember because I had to re-edit 3 times before it worked. So be pacient like the rest of us please.

Black and White actually were released in September — in Japan. They came to the rest of the world in March. [bp=Pokémon Black and White Versions]Read the article[/bp] - it's in the infobox.

Believe it or not, though, the editors including non-staff actually added the stuff before this lockdown. This lock isn't to add BW information - I've been watching the RC page like a hawk - it's to keep the servers from crashing.

Now I know someone's gonna ask me why I complained in the first place, so here's why: it seems a while since the community has been able to edit the wiki. Also I am a very impatient person and having to wait 38 days is rather difficult for me to accomplish.

WE ARE OPEN.
And in response to that... :banana: YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Now I know someone's gonna ask me why I complained in the first place, so here's why: it seems a while since the community has been able to edit the wiki. Also I am a very impatient person and having to wait 38 days is rather difficult for me to accomplish.
patience is a virtue.

Trivia is low-priority compared to factual information, and given finite server resources, we'd prefer if it was not edited while the servers are struggling.

Back
Top Bottom