• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I know for a fact that the http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Thunderbolt_(move) link has not worked for me in about a week. I know it's not my computer cause I've gone to about 3 others and it still says, "This Webpage is Not Available." Anyway to fix it?

What the fuck? Yeah, I was like "it's definitely the kid's computer." Then I tried it, and sure enough... won't load. On FireFox or Explorer. Weird.

Deth, or somebody else with technical powers? Any idea what on earth is wrong with "Thunderbolt?" It's the only page affected, apparently... everything else is working fine. WTF? xD

I know for a fact that the http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Thunderbolt_(move) link has not worked for me in about a week. I know it's not my computer cause I've gone to about 3 others and it still says, "This Webpage is Not Available." Anyway to fix it?

What the fuck? Yeah, I was like "it's definitely the kid's computer." Then I tried it, and sure enough... won't load. On FireFox or Explorer. Weird.

Deth, or somebody else with technical powers? Any idea what on earth is wrong with "Thunderbolt?" It's the only page affected, apparently... everything else is working fine. WTF? xD
I believe it's an issue with the size of the move pages, compounded by the slowdown that BW seems to be causing. Moves like Sunny Day, which are learnt by many Pokemon, have been having similar issues for a little longer. We're working on a solution involving making the move pages more compact. We don't yet have a working example, but we're getting close. Keep an eye on the RC and you may be able to spot early prototypes.

With a bit of luck, it'll improve loading times for all move pages as well.

I believe it's an issue with the size of the move pages, compounded by the slowdown that BW seems to be causing. Moves like Sunny Day, which are learnt by many Pokemon, have been having similar issues for a little longer. We're working on a solution involving making the move pages more compact. We don't yet have a working example, but we're getting close. Keep an eye on the RC and you may be able to spot early prototypes.

At the moment, Sunny Day doesn't seem to be having a problem. Thunderbolt, however, still is.

On each episode's Bulbapedia page, under the Debuts section, there are currently Human debuts and Pokemon debuts, but should there also be Move debuts? Since there is usualy a new move seen in most episodes, it should be noted somewhere other than the Trivia section.

I manually pieced together the url for the edit page for the article and it's only 48 kb. We have plenty of larger articles that load without any issues.

On each episode's Bulbapedia page, under the Debuts section, there are currently Human debuts and Pokemon debuts, but should there also be Move debuts? Since there is usualy a new move seen in most episodes, it should be noted somewhere other than the Trivia section.

I agree with this.

I manually pieced together the url for the edit page for the article and it's only 48 kb. We have plenty of larger articles that load without any issues.
However there is a lot of code hidden behind templates which still must be loaded when the page is viewed. I will note though, that this "the page is too big" is just an educated guess, based on the fact that it only started happening once the Gen V lists were added to the articles. Before the BW lockdown, it was manifesting as a fatal error when certain move pages (This is where the Sunny Day mention came from) were edited. I'm assuming it's the same issue.

I had another idea and I'm a little sorry for this because implementation would be time-consuming..... But could we put some kind of sources on the pages? There's been more than one time where I've been like WHAT WHERE DID THIS COME FROM. and I think saying where the information came from gives it a more professional air. Just a thought.

Oh, and I third the move debut thing.

I had another idea and I'm a little sorry for this because implementation would be time-consuming..... But could we put some kind of sources on the pages? There's been more than one time where I've been like WHAT WHERE DID THIS COME FROM. and I think saying where the information came from gives it a more professional air. Just a thought.

Oh, and I third the move debut thing.

Isn't it implied that almost all sources are primary? Sources for game info are...the games. Sources for anime info is the anime, etc.

I think this may be a good idea. But we also list all the Pokémon and humans who appeared in each episode, so do we then list each move that appeared in each episode too? I would prefer that that didn't happen.

Isn't it implied that almost all sources are primary? Sources for game info are...the games. Sources for anime info is the anime, etc.

I can think of a few things that didn't come fromthe game or anime. Alder not knowing how to use the PC system. Brendan's white thing is a hat, not hair. If I remember correctly, those were from a magazine or guidebook and Sugimori's Formspring? (I don't remember.) I agree it would be necessary for stuff in game/anime/manga but it'd be nice to say something for the weird stuff like that. I just wasn't sure how long it would take....

I think this may be a good idea. But we also list all the Pokémon and humans who appeared in each episode, so do we then list each move that appeared in each episode too? I would prefer that that didn't happen.

I was under the impression he meant when a move debuts - shows up for the first time ever in the anime - rather than list every move used.

Last edited:
Hey, I have a suggestion... I don't know if this has been brought up already, but would it be possible to include Dream World locations under the Game locations section of each Pokémon article? We have a field for Pokéwalker locations, so I don't see why we can't do the same for the Dream World. Plus, I think it would be convenient if someone wants to know where to find a Pokémon in the Dream World -- currently I have to go to all three Dream World location articles and using Ctrl+F to find where a given Pokémon is. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know where to find Dream World Pokémon.

It's just a suggestion, though...

Hey, I have a suggestion... I don't know if this has been brought up already, but would it be possible to include Dream World locations under the Game locations section of each Pokémon article? We have a field for Pokéwalker locations, so I don't see why we can't do the same for the Dream World. Plus, I think it would be convenient if someone wants to know where to find a Pokémon in the Dream World -- currently I have to go to all three Dream World location articles and using Ctrl+F to find where a given Pokémon is. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know where to find Dream World Pokémon.

It's just a suggestion, though...

I think this is a good idea. It was actually brought up here

For some reason I cannot see the differences between revisions for Swords Dance. What is the problem?
I get that a lot too. I actually kept a list of all of the offending pages I found:
Rock Smash (move), Surf (move), Ace Trainer (Trainer class), Silph Co., Flash (move), Dig (move), Fighting Dojo, Cheren, Victory Road (Kanto), Rain Dance (move), Seafoam Islands, Theif (move), Thunder Wave (move), List of Pokémon by evolution family, List of Pokémon by body style

^Which edit? The recent one?
Any difs for me

Back
Top Bottom