• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I was also thinking about some sort of template listing for the article, which lists the card image, Pokemon, and the attack they're using. But I guess it would get pretty long...

I think that's exactly what we should do. It shouldn't be too long, especially since it's only 151.

Cool, if someone can get the template started, then I should be able to handle the rest.

Except uploading images, someone else will have to do it. Sorry.

Edit:
....Seriously, I have zero idea what template to use. I have tried to look at multiple table templates, and none seem to fit exactly what I want, and I don't really want to go making a new template that would probably just be used for a single article.

Last edited:
Don't know if I write in correct thread, but must say something until I forget this :p
And sorry for my horrible english.
Bulbapedia said:
Dugtrio and Diglett have only been seen in soil, not in or on any other surface type.
But... In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team, if you're Cubone, rescue team's base is made from stone (floor looks like tiled). I think it would be too hard for normal thing to dig through it... And Dugtrio appears there, before mission in Mt. Steel.

I think that's rather trivial and probably not worth mentioning.

Also... guys...

I really need some template help with the Carddass article I've been working on. User:Rai Marshall/Pocket Monsters Carddass Trading Cards - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I've looked through a lot of table templates, but I cannot find anything suitable that would work for that article. And I don't want to create a new one either, especially if it'll end up only being used for one article. I basically wanted a template that has slots that lists the card image, card number, Pokemon name, and the move it is using. Although maybe listing the card images can be left out. But nearly all of the table templates appear incapable of doing that, even the normal TCG templates.

Seriously, I don't know what to do.

Thanks...

Wouldn't it have to be made in a Userspace first?

Also, judging from some other table templates like the ones used for TCG templates, there's several templates required such as Header or Footer. I wouldn't know where to begin with that.

Edit: NEVERMIND. I decided to borrow the template used on the "List of references to Pokemon in pop culture" article, especially since it was easy to customize on the spot. It'll still need fix ups, but does anyone have anything to suggest about it?

Last edited:
It looks a lot better, thanks.

I wonder if maybe the cards should be listed horizontally, three cards each at a time, if only to make the vertical scroll bar less longer. But I guess it would makes things messy. There's really nothing else I can think of, it looks great.

By the way, can someone please help with translating Alakazam's and Dodrio's moves? I've managed to identify the moves for all of the other cards, just not their's.

Edit: Also, how does the images work exactly in that template?

Last edited:
It looks a lot better, thanks.

I wonder if maybe the cards should be listed horizontally, three cards each at a time, if only to make the vertical scroll bar less longer. But I guess it would makes things messy. There's really nothing else I can think of, it looks great.
Yeah, when you have a list, the page generally does get long, but that is to be expected. I think having multiple per line would get a bit confusing.

By the way, can someone please help with translating Alakazam's and Dodrio's moves? I've managed to identify the moves for all of the other cards, just not their's.
Alakazam is using Reflect, Dodrio is using Tri Attack. When I don't know a Japanese move, I generally find the best way is to simply search its Japanese name on Bulbapedia. We have redirects in place for most moves. (It should be all pre-Gen V ones. The Gen V ones should have it too, but we haven't done them yet.)

Edit: Also, how does the images work exactly in that template?
That's the best thing about using a template - you don't even have to input the image name. As long as they are all uploaded to follow the naming convention "File:Bandai Carddass <Pokémon name>.jpg", the template will automatically put the images in.

Huh, didn't know how I missed those.

The problem with the images is that not all of them is "Bandai Carddass ____", nearly all of them (except Bulbasaur's and Cubone's) would have to be renamed. *Sigh* I guess I'm going to have to do that sometime.

Huh, didn't know how I missed those.

The problem with the images is that not all of them is "Bandai Carddass ____", nearly all of them (except Bulbasaur's and Cubone's) would have to be renamed. *Sigh* I guess I'm going to have to do that sometime.
Oh, they're already uploaded? I didn't realise that. Only admins can move files, so I'll go fix that now.

There's Bulbasaur to Arcanine only. Growlithe is also missing.

Anyway, thanks again.

Someone needs to change the fourth movie villian's name. Pretty much every time he's mentioned, it's spelled as "Iron-Masked Marauder", when the movie uses "Iron Mask Marauder". There's no hyphen and there's no -ed.

Also, my offer still stands to lend out my manga to anyone who can read Japanese and write articles on them.

I have a idea for Pokemon pages. Maybe we could include some audio thing that says the name of the Pokemon so people know how to pronounce the name. This could be for both English and Japanese names. Or, this. Ex: Bulbasaur (BUL-BA-SAUR)

That reminds me.

In the coding of the Pokemon info pages, it shows how to pronounce the Pokemon's name, but that thing is never shown on the actual public infobox. What's with that.

Name pronunciations have never been consistent within the franchise. Colosseum does it one way, the anime does it another (sometimes more than one way in the anime), and various other times where the names were officially said. If there isn't a solid "correct" method, then we can't show it on the actual page.

To add to what Nate said, they were displayed at one point. However there were too many arguments as to which pronounciation was "correct", so it was decided that they would be removed at the very least until all official sources can provide consistent pronounciations for all Pokemon.

You know when you get frustrated with the thing not posting and you push the post button a million times?Well,on here,the forums counts every single click as a post!Thus,999999 posts you have to delete.Can we make it so that it doesn't do that?

You know when you get frustrated with the thing not posting and you push the post button a million times?Well,on here,the forums counts every single click as a post!Thus,999999 posts you have to delete.Can we make it so that it doesn't do that?

This is the section solely for Bulbapedia problems--but as for the forums posting multiple times: give it a second and just click it once. It knows when you've clicked it and might take a second to load.

Back
Top Bottom