• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I wonder if I could suggest another article that I could userspace...

"List of Pokemon alterted between Generations" or something like that. Several Pokemon, especially Generation II Pokemon, has received changes to their design over the course of generations. This can include things like Pikachu with white belly, or Vaporeon once having fins on its legs. People used to add these things as bits of trivia, which have been removed. A single article could be used to cover these alterations.

I'm not sure if this thread is also the place to ask questions, but I suppose I may as well,

See, I'm helping to work on a wiki that focuses on this one manga-ka's many, many, MANY works. And because of those many, many works, we were kinda considering borrowing the Epicodes system that Bulbapedia adopted. But we can't just borrow it that easily. I want to contact one of the staff to ask about it, but I'm really not sure who to contact. If a different wiki happened to have coined Epicodes first, then could someone point it out to me so that I could contact them?

Thanks.

Just added this proposed trivia rule to this page, for those who may be interested:
Along with creating a userpage, adding trivia appears to be a main reason new users join Bulbapedia. So, in light of the current Trivia ban, I have an idea. Ban all new users from adding trivia. They can get to add trivia at the same time they are granted the ability to edit their userpage. When (or to be more realistic, if) the current trivia rule is removed, there is going to be a surge in trivia adding, due to its inevitible build up over the months. New users are supposed to ask on the talk page first, though they never do. If they violate the rule, be harsh and instantly block them for a day.

Yes, but we'd have to physically keep track of every single user who signed up. Using userpage creation is not a valid measure; some users continue to edit without a userpage after becoming autoconfirmed.

Okay so it looks like someone already completed the Carddass article while I was away from it, thanks to them. The userpage of it is still around though, could someone delete it? Thanks.

In the possible outcome that what is implied in those pictures is revealed to be true, what will happen with his page? Would Meowth (Team Rocket) be moved to Iris' Meowth, or left as it is, with Iris' Meowth simply redirecting to the page. I think a move would be really inappropriate, given that the current page title is what he is almost universally known as, but what is the official line on this (if anything has been decided yet)?

In the possible outcome that what is implied in those pictures is revealed to be true, what will happen with his page? Would Meowth (Team Rocket) be moved to Iris' Meowth, or left as it is, with Iris' Meowth simply redirecting to the page. I think a move would be really inappropriate, given that the current page title is what he is almost universally known as, but what is the official line on this (if anything has been decided yet)?
Nothing has been decided yet. Either it'll be decided over the next few weeks or we'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it. There's no rush, the episode doesn't air for another two and a half weeks, and until then nothing about it should be added to any page. Also, the page would be Iris's Axew, not Iris' Axew. "Iris'" is more ambiguous, and could theoretically mean either that it belongs to Iris, or that it belongs to more than one Iri.

Hi,
this is very monor but i think delcattys icon need to be recoloured.
here is the icon and a sprite:
Ani301MS.png
Spr_5b_301.png

as you can see it is wrongly coloured.
the body is quite close but the scarf,tail and ears are not purple but red.
i suggest we change it to something like this:
iaza18417492726800.gif

thank you for reading,
'07

Hi,
this is very monor but i think delcattys icon need to be recoloured.
here is the icon and a sprite:
Ani301MS.png
Spr_5b_301.png

as you can see it is wrongly coloured.
the body is quite close but the scarf,tail and ears are not purple but red.
i suggest we change it to something like this:
iaza18417492726800.gif

thank you for reading,
'07
The minisprite is actually that pinkish-purple colour in-game. Therefore it's not coloured wrongly, and shouldn't be changed.

OKAY, so here's an idea. Why don't we create an etiquette for communicating in GTS negotiations? Aren't you all sick of people just showing you whatever while you have no way of communicating what you want? Why don't we create a way of communicating what we want and circulate it, teach people how to request.
I have some ideas of how we could do this.
1.) You can show three pokemon, so: the first digit of the first pokemon's number would be the first digit of the desired pokemon; the second digit of the second shown, the second of the desired; the third of the third shown, the third digit of the desired.
2.) You could show the two adjacent pokemon in the pokedex.
If you think this is a good idea, respond! Let's get this going.

So I brought this up before but nothing came out of it:

The stat up pages all say the stats cap at 999. I know in Gen I it capped, and Gen II, it was possible for it to role over. In Gen III+, I heard this cap no longer exists.

Anyway, there are inconsistency between pages. Swords Dance suggests its only in Gen I, but doesn't really say anything else about future generations, compared to Barrier and Agility which makes the claim it will fail if it reached 999. Similarly, new moves don't make any mention of stat limits, and Nasty Plot only makes mention of a +6 limit. I realize there may be incomplete pages, but the issue is inconsistency with the 999 stat limit and a possible error. I'm not really sure on what it is, but I have heard the cap was lifted in Gen III.

So I brought this up before but nothing came out of it:

The stat up pages all say the stats cap at 999. I know in Gen I it capped, and Gen II, it was possible for it to role over. In Gen III+, I heard this cap no longer exists.

Anyway, there are inconsistency between pages. Swords Dance suggests its only in Gen I, but doesn't really say anything else about future generations, compared to Barrier and Agility which makes the claim it will fail if it reached 999. Similarly, new moves don't make any mention of stat limits, and Nasty Plot only makes mention of a +6 limit. I realize there may be incomplete pages, but the issue is inconsistency with the 999 stat limit and a possible error. I'm not really sure on what it is, but I have heard the cap was lifted in Gen III.
Well, you can't get your stats higher than 1024 in Generation II at least, it caused a glitch with Marowak

Hey, I have a suggestion for roundy and -moz-border-radius usage. Instead of the inner cells' corners' roundy/-moz being the same as the outer, I've noticed in my studies that if you make the inner roundy/-moz exactly 3/4 the size of the outer roundy/-moz, it'll look really nice and pretty in tables. What do you think? You can try it out for yourself and see, and I'm wanting to use this in tables at the 'pedia. A good example would be 1em outer, and 0.75em inner.

Back
Top Bottom