• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

*hand raise*

Would it be possible to make additions to the trainer list template(s) (or revamped them entirely to make it look more sooth than just tacking on additional information at the end)? Importantly are locations. Adding them was "fun," but it's probably best done with its own proper cell column instead of on whichever bit is convenient (name if ordinary trainer, class if said character has an article [ie Kiyo]). Since all routes are now forever region named, using the regional link codes (ka, jo, si) to go from "si=213" to get "[[Sinnoh Route 213|Route 213]]" can't be impossible, parameter-wise.

A second addition would be, hopefully, to the header. We should be notating in those articles how much money a trainer gets per opponent's level, and I figure an additional parameter "|d=" or something to get "Winnings (32)" would be helpful, instead of making some separate table (or a separate table [edit: or whole article? since no money-per-level is static from game-to-game (not even generations)], too; just as long as the money-per is also somewhere on the trainer table as well).

Please? *doe eyes*

Last edited:
As soon as we can get it stable to be reliably forward-facing. We've been working to make sure it all goes well when we re-open it, since the reconfiguration changed some things with respect to the Archives.

*hand raise*

Would it be possible to make additions to the trainer list template(s) (or revamped them entirely to make it look more sooth than just tacking on additional information at the end)? Importantly are locations. Adding them was "fun," but it's probably best done with its own proper cell column instead of on whichever bit is convenient (name if ordinary trainer, class if said character has an article [ie Kiyo]). Since all routes are now forever region named, using the regional link codes (ka, jo, si) to go from "si=213" to get "[[Sinnoh Route 213|Route 213]]" can't be impossible, parameter-wise.

A second addition would be, hopefully, to the header. We should be notating in those articles how much money a trainer gets per opponent's level, and I figure an additional parameter "|d=" or something to get "Winnings (32)" would be helpful, instead of making some separate table (or a separate table [edit: or whole article? since no money-per-level is static from game-to-game (not even generations)], too; just as long as the money-per is also somewhere on the trainer table as well).

Please? *doe eyes*

i wasnt around when these templates were first instituted, but why in the all knowing hell did we not put in the trainer locations? it seems awfully pointless to list their name, and team, and not have where they are located. yes, i know that if you click on their name it sends you to where they are, but thats just pointless. theres plenty of room in the templates to list the actual location (besides, hovering over a name just for their location is silly).

i wasnt around when these templates were first instituted, but why in the all knowing hell did we not put in the trainer locations? it seems awfully pointless to list their name, and team, and not have where they are located. yes, i know that if you click on their name it sends you to where they are, but thats just pointless. theres plenty of room in the templates to list the actual location (besides, hovering over a name just for their location is silly).
Hindsight is 20/20. List what's important and who's gonna go looking for a location if in theory you don't already know which trainer you're looking up?

All locations are currently manually inserted into the templates over the names. It wasn't always like that.

What about a record of a trainer winning or losing a battle?

Something like this:
For the trainer Ash

| Result | Opponent | Episode |
| Draw | Morrison | Less is Morrison. |
| Lose | Tobias | The Semi-Final Frontier! |
| Win | Barry | Barry's Busting Out All-Over |

*hand raise*

Please? *doe eyes*

Sorry, which templates are we talking about?

Oh... that one... yeah, it's ugly. I'm not entirely sure why we even have that information, really. It seems... superfluous, especially since we have all the relevant information on the route pages. Could we not provide links to the relevant sections of the route pages and use the rematch information to complete those sections?

Okay, so I actually wasn't sure if this was a Bulbapedia issue or not but images on other sites work just fine.

Snarl (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

A lot of the mini sprites are gone in this page. There's far too many to list, but some include the Sandile line, Zorua, Murkrow, Snubble, Granbull...

I click their pages as well, and images are also gone for the most part.

I noticed earlier that a lot of the Breloom images are missing. I thought it was something wrong with my PC, but after seeing Psystike's blog, I guess not.

Also:
Weavile
Leafeon
Umbreon
Rotom

I'll add anymore I come across. It seems like they all are going to have some missing, though.

I keep getting this message, not sure if it has anything to do with it:

Error 503 Service Unavailable
Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:
XID: 293284482
Varnish cache server

Last edited:
The image error should be fixed now. I believe it's a result of upgrading our MediaWiki software to the latest stable version, 1.17.0. If you're still having any errors, purge your cache and you should be fine.

I've cleared everything but still getting the error, though this time when I click the image names, it takes me to the image itself rather than saying that the file doesn't exist.

EDIT: I'm still personally getting the error, and I went to the extent of clearing everything. My friend doesn't though so its probably just a thing on my end. Maybe it'll resolve itself eventually.

EDIT: So I've cleared my cache using the clear history setting o firefox, I've cleared it using this so if anyone has any other suggestions to help me, it would be appreciated ):

Again, the images are there when I click where the sprites should be, unlike last time, but instead, I only see the name and it doesn't redirect me to the Pokemon's page. Though according to my friend, he's not experiencing such a problem ):

EDIT: Image on my blog of what I'm talking about

EDIT: From what I can gather, it seems that, at least on the Snarl page, the opposite images of what I recall disappeared have disappeared, and the ones that disappeared last time are there. Of course, the files exist when I click them, they just don't appear on the pages and only have the name. I don't know if its a different problem, or if its my browser being difficult, but there you have it. The images that were broken for me technically are fixed, but now an opposite set of images don't load, though the files exist when I click them, unlike last time.

More EDIT: Okay, I am almost certain this is my browser being tempermental with me. I click on Manaphy's page, certain sprites such as the normal TM sprite do not render. I go to Squirtle's page, and it does. This may be a browser issue on my end, but its being reflected on other browsers I use :/

EDIT: More consistently when images don't load on this page, they don't load anywhere else for me.

Last edited:
Hello

Can I suggest that on the Legendary Pokemon page, a chart of some sort is created showing which legendaries respawn in which games, under what conditions, if their IVs are reset and if it can be done more than once? Would be helpful to me.

Thanks

Hello

Can I suggest that on the Legendary Pokemon page, a chart of some sort is created showing which legendaries respawn in which games, under what conditions, if their IVs are reset and if it can be done more than once? Would be helpful to me.

Thanks

I've expanded the Legendary Pokémon section on the rematch article. I hope this is enough information. I don't know about IVs, but I would think that they do.

Couple of issues with shadow move infoboxes:
The target 3v3 template does not really apply since they are not available in any games with triples. Using a 2v2 one would be more accurate, since it's wrong to say either that they can or can't hit far corner foes in triples.
The Legendary Pokemon link takes you to other moves with similar names, since they don't have pages for shadow moves.

I think it would be handy to have a list page for all the DVD releases and individual pages for each set or volume. I would be happy to provide the names of the Region 1 volumes, the description on the back of the box, what episodes are included, the Aspect Ratio, scans of the box/cover/spine/back/disc, and whether it came with a bonus of some kind.

These are the discs I can provide the information for:
-Fashion Victims
-Wake Up Snorlax!
-Indigo League Box Sets 1, 2, and 3
-Adventures in the Orange Islands individual volumes 1-3
-Johto League Champions individual volumes 1-7
-MasterQuest Box Sets 1 and 2
-Advanced individual Volumes 1-8
-Advanced Challenge individual Volumes 1-10
-Advanced Battle individual Volumes 1-10
-Battle Frontier Box Sets 1 and 2
-Diamond and Pearl Box Sets 1, 2, and 3
-Diamond and Pearl Battle Dimension Box Sets 1, 2, and 3
-All movies from the First Movie through Giratina
-Mewtwo Returns
-Pikachu's Winter Vacation

This would be particularly handy for people who want to own a certain episode but don't know what volume it's on -especially in the case of the Advanced discs which have "Bonus Episodes" that aren't included in the VHS releases. A list of VHS titles would be neat too, but I understand not wanting to bother about it.

Would it be possible to add something that tells you which Admin is online, in real time.

There's an add-on we looked at that tells you which users are online, but from what I recall it's fairly server-intensive. We could put each staff member's timezone on the staff list page, if that would help.

I think it would be handy to have a list page for all the DVD releases and individual pages for each set or volume. I would be happy to provide the names of the Region 1 volumes, the description on the back of the box, what episodes are included, the Aspect Ratio, scans of the box/cover/spine/back/disc, and whether it came with a bonus of some kind.

These are the discs I can provide the information for:
-Fashion Victims
-Wake Up Snorlax!
-Indigo League Box Sets 1, 2, and 3
-Adventures in the Orange Islands individual volumes 1-3
-Johto League Champions individual volumes 1-7
-MasterQuest Box Sets 1 and 2
-Advanced individual Volumes 1-8
-Advanced Challenge individual Volumes 1-10
-Advanced Battle individual Volumes 1-10
-Battle Frontier Box Sets 1 and 2
-Diamond and Pearl Box Sets 1, 2, and 3
-Diamond and Pearl Battle Dimension Box Sets 1, 2, and 3
-All movies from the First Movie through Giratina
-Mewtwo Returns
-Pikachu's Winter Vacation

This would be particularly handy for people who want to own a certain episode but don't know what volume it's on -especially in the case of the Advanced discs which have "Bonus Episodes" that aren't included in the VHS releases. A list of VHS titles would be neat too, but I understand not wanting to bother about it.

Feel free to start the page. If you need help with it, shout out.

Back
Top Bottom