• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Couple of issues with shadow move infoboxes:
The target 3v3 template does not really apply since they are not available in any games with triples. Using a 2v2 one would be more accurate, since it's wrong to say either that they can or can't hit far corner foes in triples.
Done.

The Legendary Pokemon link takes you to other moves with similar names, since they don't have pages for shadow moves.
I don't understand. Which legendary Pokémon link?

Trivia is the best part of Bulbapedia, but the "do not add any trivia" thing has been around for a long time now. Will people ever be able to add trivia again?

Could we discuss this? I know I don't have to welcome all of them, and I know a few get missed here and there, but it's getting bad. Only half of the new users are getting welcomed, and half of those are bots or spammers.

Perhaps just a list of each admin's usual availability (in UTC). Knowing it's 4:00 PM where you live doesn't necessarily mean you're available.

Mine changes from day to day, week to week. It's not something I'd want to have to constantly update either. (I have to do that for my real life job, it bites.)

Could we discuss this? I know I don't have to welcome all of them, and I know a few get missed here and there, but it's getting bad. Only half of the new users are getting welcomed, and half of those are bots or spammers.

I see most of the users who come in, but it is so hard to find stuff to edit so you don't get your butt in trouble.

What I mean is if you edit the talkspace (50 edits) much more than the mainspace (<10 edits) then you have 50 admins on your ass telling you to stop messing with the talkspace and do mainspace edits

What I mean is if you edit the talkspace (50 edits) much more than the mainspace (<10 edits) then you have 50 admins on your ass telling you to stop messing with the talkspace and do mainspace edits

If it's a valid discussion, no one should be getting in trouble. The point of the talkspace is to discuss changes to the wiki. If people aren't using it for its intended purpose, then they get a nudge back in the right direction.

ha ha you just double posted. But thats not what I mean, What I mean is if you do nothing but welcome users and your mainspace edits are few and far between then you've got all the admins frying you in a vat of hot oil.

ha ha you just double posted. But thats not what I mean, What I mean is if you do nothing but welcome users and your mainspace edits are few and far between then you've got all the admins frying you in a vat of hot oil.

That hasn't happened to me at all. Maybe if it's new users who only do that, but...

Please direct your atteation to evidence #538169, which was taken from the talk page of the user who welcomed me:

It's nice that you're trying to help users fit in, it really is, however, your edit ratio is a bit off. You've been editing user and user talk a lot, but not so much of the mainspace. It'd be nice for you to make some mainspace edits to offset that imbalance. I'm not saying you have to go on some huge epic edit spree, just more focus on mainspace, even if it's something as minor as changing a spelling error. Cheers. --P S Yライダー☮ 00:45, 25 May 2011 (UTC)

Thanks, Psy, I know that I have been doing a lot of stuff in the userspace and usertalk space but I have been busy with school and work and to me, that is the more "casual" stuff that I have time to do while I am busy during the school year. Since I do not have a summer job, as soon as the school year is over (1-2 more weeks tops), I plan on working really hard on the episode summaries for the Best Wishes episodes, and if I can get to them, the DP series episodes as well. My goal is to make these disappear over the course of the summer, as I will have a LOT of time on my hands. Cheers. --ジェダイの騎士デジタルテレビ 22:16, 25 May 2011 (UTC)

Remember that one time when I asked you if you could edit the mainspace more than the userspace? Since I asked this, you've made four edits to the mainspace. Four. Compare that to your edits of the user talk space, which you make about 10 to them, per day. Given that it's been 21 days or so since May 25th, that's about 210 or so edits the user talk space, compared to the four you've made to the mainspace. Three of which were to remove tags, and the fourth to add episode pictures. Considering this is bordering, if not already passing, talk page abuse, consider this your final warning about the matter. There's always something to do in the mainspace, even if it's going through and fixing spelling, grammar or changing the way a sentence flows. We appreciate you welcoming and helping new users, but you should also want to help improve Bulbapedia. Thank you. --P S Yライダー☮ 00:54, 16 June 2011 (UTC)

If I keep welcoming users Like I do now, I might end up like the guy above: Put into talk page abuse. Infact I am at risk of this now if anyone examines my edit ratio

Please direct your atteation to evidence #538169, which was taken from the talk page of the user who welcomed me:

If I keep welcoming users Like I do now, I might end up like the guy above: Put into talk page abuse. Infact I am at risk of this now if anyone examines my edit ratio

Eh, I'm not too worried about it. I only get on the Pedia every few days. I just found it quite annoying how many new users had been ignored.

"Evee rules 11" (or something) signed up on the 15th, they have NO WELCOME TEMPLATE ON THERE TALK PAGE, INFACT THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A TALK PAGE. THERE ARE MAJOR ISSUES GOING ON HERE. If no one wants to do this, make a bot to do it

Oh... that one... yeah, it's ugly. I'm not entirely sure why we even have that information, really. It seems... superfluous, especially since we have all the relevant information on the route pages. Could we not provide links to the relevant sections of the route pages and use the rematch information to complete those sections?
Because you run the risk of making those route pages unnecessarily longer? The simplicity of the trainerlist table makes rematch information all that much more simpler to view and understand.

And without those tables, the trainer articles are incredibly empty and rather useless, especially those that do not show up in the anime or a manga series. More information is also better, imo.

*is so late; sorry*

talk page abuse is for people who blatantly only edit the talk pages. welcoming users doesnt count. id have to look into this further, but in general, i dont see welcoming users as talk space abuse.

Back
Top Bottom