• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Any idea when we will be allowed to add trivia on Bulbapedia again? Lol, most of what I've done in the past has been anime trivia.

Any idea when we will be allowed to add trivia on Bulbapedia again? Lol, most of what I've done in the past has been anime trivia.
well, i would prefer people focused on fleshing out articles with information. and heck, a lot of people add info as trivia when its really something that would fit better in the articles themselves.

but to answer your question, i can say with full confidence that the trivia restriction will be removed very soon.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

Could we have a weekly vote kind of thing, like picking which of the three pokemon is best or what battle item is most useful. Also, couldyou include a page comparing the shiny/normal sprites of all pokemon?

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

Could we have a weekly vote kind of thing, like picking which of the three pokemon is best or what battle item is most useful. Also, couldyou include a page comparing the shiny/normal sprites of all pokemon?
The former of those isn't particularly suited to a wiki, and is much more suited to forums. So much so, that there's already a whole forum dedicated to a subset those kind of polls, with others around the place.

For the latter, that would require a page with over 6,600 images, as the colours change between generations. So it's not really feasable. You'll probably have to do it one Pokemon at a time. Alternatively, go to the Archives and load up the categories for sprites from the game you want. Shiny in one tab and non-shiny in another, and switch between them.

*hand raise*

On the game location tables for BW: PokéTransfer or Trade?

There's a big mix of both and since they essentially equate to the same thing, can we just pick one over the other?

If you fight a ppkmnp through use of the ditto glitch, your 5th item changes according to its index number.

If the item index is:
0-31, the index is increased by 32;
32-63, the index stays the same;
64-95, the index is increased by 32;
96-127, the index stays the same;
128-159, the index is increased by 32;
160-191, the index stays the same;
192-223, the index is increased by 32;
224-255, the index stays the same.

The items that you can glitch can not be obtained through glitching a different item. This means that the items that can be glitched need to be obtained legitimately in game. Since 84-195 are glitch items, and 64-95 are glitchable, the only glitch items that can be gotten this way is through glitching the items with indices 64-83. So only 19 out of 111 glitch items can actually be obtained through this method and they have indices 96-115.

List of items and their indices.

I have personally tested this in yellow.

*hand raise*

On the game location tables for BW: PokéTransfer or Trade?

There's a big mix of both and since they essentially equate to the same thing, can we just pick one over the other?
Can't we just list both, since they do both equate to the same thing?

If you fight a ppkmnp through use of the ditto glitch, your 5th item changes according to its index number.

If the item index is:
0-31, the index is increased by 32;
32-63, the index stays the same;
64-95, the index is increased by 32;
96-127, the index stays the same;
128-159, the index is increased by 32;
160-191, the index stays the same;
192-223, the index is increased by 32;
224-255, the index stays the same.

The items that you can glitch can not be obtained through glitching a different item. This means that the items that can be glitched need to be obtained legitimately in game. Since 84-195 are glitch items, and 64-95 are glitchable, the only glitch items that can be gotten this way is through glitching the items with indices 64-83. So only 19 out of 111 glitch items can actually be obtained through this method and they have indices 96-115.

List of items and their indices.

I have personally tested this in yellow.
Yeah, that's called the item mutation glitch. The plan was to turn the "item duplication glitch" article into an article about the "item duplication and mutation glitch". There are several glitch Pokémon that can do this, most notably Missingno. (who mutates quantity). I need get around to writing the article for that, but I'm currently quite busy. Glitch City Lab's temporary forum has a fair bit of discussion on this matter.

OK, I've been replaying Pokémon XD, and have been updating the Orre region articles, and I've been wondering what the point of the list of [bp]Cipher Peons in Pokémon XD[/bp] is? This page just seems to be a listing of not notable trainers that just happen to be members of Cipher. The list of their Pokémon can be displayed simply by putting them in the trainer's list of the location they are found in. The movesets of the regular Pokémon aren't that hard to figure out, since they tend to not deviate from the Level Learnlist, and the movesets of the real Pokémon of interest, the Shadow Pokémon, can easily be found on their (Pokémon) page or the [bp]List of Shadow Pokémon[/bp]. Oh, and if there are 80 grunts in total, there's no way the page is going to hold all those templates.

The same goes for the the Colosseum counterpart. At least in Colosseum, the Peons are rematchable, but again, their Pokémon could just as easily be accounted for on their respective location's article.

OK, I've been replaying Pokémon XD, and have been updating the Orre region articles, and I've been wondering what the point of the list of [bp]Cipher Peons in Pokémon XD[/bp] is? This page just seems to be a listing of not notable trainers that just happen to be members of Cipher. The list of their Pokémon can be displayed simply by putting them in the trainer's list of the location they are found in. The movesets of the regular Pokémon aren't that hard to figure out, since they tend to not deviate from the Level Learnlist, and the movesets of the real Pokémon of interest, the Shadow Pokémon, can easily be found on their (Pokémon) page or the [bp]List of Shadow Pokémon[/bp]. Oh, and if there are 80 grunts in total, there's no way the page is going to hold all those templates.

The same goes for the the Colosseum counterpart. At least in Colosseum, the Peons are rematchable, but again, their Pokémon could just as easily be accounted for on their respective location's article.

I've requested on its page that they be merged with the Cipher Peon article. We don't have seperate lists for other Trainer Classes.

I'm having a bit of a problem. I just got past Level 19 in Angry Animals at the Arcade, and the game's camera got glitchy

Back
Top Bottom