• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Why don't we put them on a timer that swaps them everytime you refresh the page?

The in battle image needs to be shown all the time.

i like the idea, but im not sure i like them stacked like that. its a tic disorienting.
on a side note, why do we have one of the few non-Flying-types....using Fly?

It could maybe be moved somewhere else on the template, like below the contest stats or something.

And yeah I seen it was Golurk, but I dunno who uploaded it. It should be Doduo though, for a laugh.

Why don't we put them on a timer that swaps them everytime you refresh the page?
that would be a switch statemtn which we are trying to use less of, due to their mild use of server load.
Don't know why, but I think we should just leave it. At least it is a Pokémon that can learn Fly.
well i certainly prefer it over Smeargle.

I think we should add pronunceation keys to each of the pokemon's respective pages.

I think we should add pronunceation keys to each of the pokemon's respective pages.

The problem is that there are many different Prounceations than there are Pokemon. Take Arceus for example, there are two I can think of off the top of my head: Ark-ee-us and Arc-see-us.

The problem is that there are many different Prounceations than there are Pokemon. Take Arceus for example, there are two I can think of off the top of my head: Ark-ee-us and Arc-see-us.

Well couldn't we go by the the anime?

There have been talks like this before, and everytime the idea has been shot down. I doubt this time will be any different...

"It, along with his two contemporaries, seem to inspired by the three wise monkeys motif; with its mouth open, Pansage represents "speak no evil"."

Where can I get to smoke what you did? :XD:

The one in the three wise monkeys motif have the hand covering the mouth.
How an open mouth means "speak no evil"? An open mouth.
It's just a pic of it on this position!

Oh, and there's more from where it came from!
"It, along with its two contemporaries, seem to inspired by the three wise monkeys motif; with its large ears, Simisear represents "hear no evil"."
A LARGE EAR MEANS "HEAR NO EVIL", I feel so stupid how couldn't I know of this before?

Let me give you a cloudy example. Pikachu is the one with red cheeks...: oh it's based on "make-up accident in a mouse" don't you see?

I don't see where Pansage's mouth is focused. Even if it's focused... Common... It isn't shut...
Simisear isn't touching its ear, as the others aren't doing something remarkable in every artwork / sprite of them.

It's just 1 art and 1 sprite.

It closes its mouth on in-game animation. hehehehe

The evolution has mouth closed.

There are lots of Pokémon with the mouth open in some of its pics though, including Chimchar.

I hope I don't get too much backlash for saying this, but I don't think that Glalie/Froslass and Gallade/Gardevoir should be listed as "unofficial male and female counterparts". Yes, I know it's marked in tiny print at the bottom that Glalie and Gardevoir can be either gender, but with that being the case I don't see why they should be on the list in the first place.

In addition, I don't think the gender-specific Dawn Stone evolutions need to be mentioned in Glalie and Gardevoir's "gender differences" section at all. I was wondering if it would be acceptable to simply edit the section to say "None", and in addition to edit Gallade and Froslass's pages to say something along the lines of "male/female-only with no female/male counterpart, but rather a counterpart that can be either gender."

I feel this would be less "iffy" than the current wording, which unnecessarily mentions the fan-based interpretation of Gardevoir and Glalie as female/male counterparts to their alternate, gender-specific evolutions. I think it would clear up a lot of confusion.

The evolution has mouth closed.

Yeah, that's Simisage, not Pansage.

There are lots of Pokémon with the mouth open in some of its pics though, including Chimchar.

True, but none are part of a trio where the other members seem to represent similar things.
pansage-pansear-panpour.jpg

To me, it looks like it's gesturing speech. Pansear isn't covering it's ears, so why is it odd that Pansage has it's mouth open?

Back
Top Bottom