• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Not so much useful, as convenient. I understand that the moves, even by index number, have a seemingly random order. It just seems like, if you're someone like me who occasionally just goes through stuff for research purposes, it would be easier to have one page open rather than two or to continuously have to hit the back button to get to a list. It might also be useful if we ever had to go through all the moves to change something in future generations or for other editing purposes. Specifically, I was wishing we had it when I was updating the "damage-dealing moves" list, since that list was also ordered by index number.

However, I do understand that it is a very minor thing and may not be all that useful to the average user. I thought I would go ahead and throw it out there.

Not so much useful, as convenient. I understand that the moves, even by index number, have a seemingly random order. It just seems like, if you're someone like me who occasionally just goes through stuff for research purposes, it would be easier to have one page open rather than two or to continuously have to hit the back button to get to a list. It might also be useful if we ever had to go through all the moves to change something in future generations or for other editing purposes. Specifically, I was wishing we had it when I was updating the "damage-dealing moves" list, since that list was also ordered by index number.

However, I do understand that it is a very minor thing and may not be all that useful to the average user. I thought I would go ahead and throw it out there.

I see why you would like it, but it isn't really something we attempt to do. I find it much easier to just open [bp]List of moves[/bp] in one tab, then open new tabs and close them when done. In fact, it's probably more efficient too, as it prevents having a huge history on one tab that eventually causes lag (I had this issue with a webcomic once). In fact, I even have a project that I started a while ago that involved going through every move page (yeah... I need to get back around to finishing that), and I have always found the tab method to be easier than the back/forward method. Then again, it is really a personal preference thing.

Back on topic, creating navigations between pages for editors isn't really our focus - our main focus is to make it better for the readers.

i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but is there an anime character game thread (like not pokemon)

Would there be any way to include the items that Trainers hold when listing their party? Like if a Trainer has a Potion or a Full Restore or something? I saw something somewhere that indicated this might be "under construction" as it were, but I wasn't sure. This would be something very useful.

Would there be any way to include the items that Trainers hold when listing their party? Like if a Trainer has a Potion or a Full Restore or something? I saw something somewhere that indicated this might be "under construction" as it were, but I wasn't sure. This would be something very useful.

Somebody tried at one point, although that template doesn't look very nice, and no progress has ever been made since it was added to the sandbox. I think the issue is that it is quite difficult to find out what items the Trainers have, as there is no guarantee that they will use all of them. However, I do like this idea, and if we have a good way of checking what items the Trainer has, we should include them.

Would it be possible to get them from the game's coding?
I know some sites like Serebii have them for the major Trainers, but I also know that's not entirely reliable either.

I might as well say that in my Emerald game (I think), I noticed that all of the Gym Leaders have one potion (the type depending on which leader it is) for every Pokémon minus the leader's main Pokémon (e.g. Nosepass for Roxanne), which instead holds either a Oran Berry or a Sitrus Berry.

I know it's not much, but while browsing the Dragonspiral Tower page on Bulbapedia, I noticed that in the first paragraph, the letter "B" is given to Zekrom, and the letter "W" given to Reshiram, which is incorrect. Further down the page, the correct letter is given to the correct Pokémon. This may confuse people who have not played the game.

I know it's not much, but while browsing the Dragonspiral Tower page on Bulbapedia, I noticed that in the first paragraph, the letter "B" is given to Zekrom, and the letter "W" given to Reshiram, which is incorrect. Further down the page, the correct letter is given to the correct Pokémon. This may confuse people who have not played the game.

The first set is refering to the one which N awakens and uses. The second set is refering to the one the player awakens and uses. Both are correct.

Oh, my bad. I got confused because it's difficult to see what the paragraph is implying. I just reached the top of Dragonspiral Tower, and now I see why Zekrom is "B" :x
Are you sure it's clear enough for people who haven't played the games? >_> (or those who have yet to reach that point in the game).

Bulbapedia realy needs to get rid of the game V:force,since it is impossible to get 1st in high score(you can only get to 790 pts).

Bulbapedia realy needs to get rid of the game V:force,since it is impossible to get 1st in high score(you can only get to 790 pts).

This is the BULBAPEDIA Suggestions thread. The arcade is part of the BULBAGARDEN FORUMS. This suggestion would be better off in the Help Desk

I can't view the Japanese text on the main site properly, no matter what I do. I've installed the appropriate Language Pack for my computer, and changing the text encoding does nothing there, either. How would you recommend I go about fixing this?

I'm using Internet Explorer 8 as my browser.

Thanks.

Most likely it is just the age of the computer. Older computers don't seem to nessecarily support Japanese text like modern computers now. Internet Explorer (suprisingly) doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. I have a number of computers in my house, in which the newer ones support Japanese text, and the older ones don't.

Other than that, I don't know how I can help you. Sorry.:-/

I noticed that several "wanted pages" only link to the userspace. Are we allowed to make edits beyond the normal limit to remove the redlinks?

Bit of a shame that Galvantula's pedipalps are now officially mandibles. Don't suppose there's much to do about that, huh?

Back
Top Bottom