• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else(or whether or not staff is aware of this), but lately when browsing Bulbapedia, I get 503 Service Unavailable errors.

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else(or whether or not staff is aware of this), but lately when browsing Bulbapedia, I get 503 Service Unavailable errors.

Hate. 503. Errors. Seriously, there are so many on Bulbapedia nowadays, whenever I refresh a page with a 503 error, it normally still says a 503 error. I can even get 503 errors by clicking the back button, when the page was working fine before (although the cache is purged regularly, which is probably the reason).

Does this at all coincide with the fact that sometimes the forums take ages to load?

It probably does. A 503 error occurs when the server is unable to provide the page for your browser. They normally appear during times of high load. Give it a minute or two and then try again. If you get a second one on the same page, give it longer. Sitting there and constantly refreshing until it loads will only cause further server load, which will exacerbate the problem, and make it occur more frequently.

A metaphor to explain it for those that don't understand some of those terms. Imagine your job is to sit at a desk with a filing cabinet, and when someone asks you for a certain file, you find it, photocopy it and give them the copy. If a lot of people want files at once, a line forms. If the line gets very long, you might tell some of them that you're very busy at the moment and to come back a little later. That's the 503 error. If instead of coming back later they all decide to yell what they want at you, you can't hear what they want, and it starts to take longer for everyone. That's what happens if you just sit there refreshing the page until it loads.

If anyone's interested I trimmed Meloetta's art out of the new poster. The quality isn't perfect, but it's the best I could get from the poster. The end of her hair is also missing due to the Japanese text overlapping it, but I tried to make it fade out nicely.

I was thinking you guys might want to use this on Meloetta's page in place of that sprite until we get high quality official art.

meloetta.png

I suppose so. Maybe have it switched so it won't show the form currently in the infobox? Or just show all four forms and not care what's currently in the infobox?

Hey there, hope this is the right page.

Can I suggest that we duplicate some of the the information about Unfeazant, Frillish & Jellicent from the Gender Differences page to the Pokémon Formes page as well?

The thing is, despite the pokémon having a obvious gender differences, these pokémon do actually have different colours and shapes, which is basically what an alternative form is, right?

Additionally could we give a brief mention to Hippopotas & Hippowdon as well as they were (iirc) the first pokémon to have a completely different coloured sprites based on gender.
( I admit this one is a bit topical, but its not just a tiny gender difference like with some pokémon, its a completely different colour forme for the pokémon, which is similar to Basculin's two colour schemes)

Cheers,

Relinq

Well see, here's the thing. Form differences usually have different moves, types, stats, etc. What exactly is different about genders despite their appearance? Why should we duplicate when there's no changes?

Hi, so I've been getting a bit interested in some competitive battling stuff, but I'm a bit confused on which pokemon go in which tiers. Would it be possible for some editor(s) to add a small section on which pokemon fit in which tier?
ex: Alakzam is considered to be an OU pokemon. (in a box under the game section)
I would love to help this project. I would just need someone to send me a pm telling me how to..

In addition to that, teirs are not universal. Smogon's tiers are commonly used, but they are by no means the only ones. Individual groups, sites and/or communities may well have their own definitions of which Pokemon fall in each tier. As such, having a tier list would not only be non-factual, it would be biased and considered incorrect by many.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

on the page for "a tent situation" one of the errors listed is that delia calls tracey "miss tracey". but i just watched it and im 98% sure i heard her say "is there something you wanted to ask us tracey?" the part "ask us tracey" does sound almost identicle to "ask miss tracey". im not 100% but if you listen real close im pretty sure you can hear the us part.

Back
Top Bottom