• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I thought about doing this myself (and did a portion of it for a small RP site); what do you guys think about appending a list of moves a pokemon knows in the TCG/Anime or other media that they can't learn in the games to the bottom of moveset lists? As well as, actually making the "TCG Exclusive Moves" page somewhere closer to done?

I thought about doing this myself (and did a portion of it for a small RP site); what do you guys think about appending a list of moves a pokemon knows in the TCG/Anime or other media that they can't learn in the games to the bottom of moveset lists? As well as, actually making the "TCG Exclusive Moves" page somewhere closer to done?
Here. Look under the "In the TCG" section.

Have a good idea for Bulbapedia? See some content that needs added or needs fixing? Say it here!

I've noticed that there are far too many individual threads saying "Hey Pedia dudes I can has good idea." Let's make it simple for both the people who post the ideas and the people who look at them.

The Pokathlon page needs to be updated so that pre-National Pokedex and post-National Pokedex prize exchanges both appear, not just post.

The Pokathlon page needs to be updated so that pre-National Pokedex and post-National Pokedex prize exchanges both appear, not just post.

They do both appear; post-National Pokédex has the same items, just more. You'll notice that there are asterisks after some items names - these say that the item is only post-National Pokédex when you mouseover them.

They do both appear; post-National Pokédex has the same items, just more. You'll notice that there are asterisks after some items names - these say that the item is only post-National Pokédex when you mouseover them.

Awesome, I didn't even see the asterisk. Thanks SnorlaxMonster!

Just wanted to mention something about Suicune.
The portruding portion of it's body (directly above it's head) closely resembles the general shape of a collection of water molecules as it nears freezing point. Three molecules of H2 O form covalent bonds and form a hexagonal shape. As pure water approaches 0 degrees Celsius, the bond becomes tighter and denser. at 4 degrees Celsius, pure water is at the most dense point, which is in the shape of a flat hexagon. Any warmer, and the molecules seperate. Any colder, and the tips of the hexagon bend to create a "U"-shaped figure. Out of all of the temperatures water can be, there is only one where there is a flat hexagon shape. Just as Suicune is a rare Pokemon, so is this specific structure of water in nature.

Just wanted to mention something about Suicune.
The portruding portion of it's body (directly above it's head) closely resembles the general shape of a collection of water molecules as it nears freezing point. Three molecules of H2 O form covalent bonds and form a hexagonal shape. As pure water approaches 0 degrees Celsius, the bond becomes tighter and denser. at 4 degrees Celsius, pure water is at the most dense point, which is in the shape of a flat hexagon. Any warmer, and the molecules seperate. Any colder, and the tips of the hexagon bend to create a "U"-shaped figure. Out of all of the temperatures water can be, there is only one where there is a flat hexagon shape. Just as Suicune is a rare Pokemon, so is this specific structure of water in nature.

So basically, you're suggesting that be added as trivia?

I don't think Sugimori, or the other Pokemon designs, had designed Suicune's head piece to resemble that kind of molecule shape, especially if said structure is so rare. I'm thinking it's just more of a coincidence. Interesting yes, but more like a coincidence to me in my opinion.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

Hello! This is my first post...Hopefully this is the right thread to report this under.

I was looking through the list of pokemon by dex number, and noticed that Froslass does not appear on it anywhere. This poor little pokemon deserves to be on there just as much as everyone else, so if someone with the knowledge and ability to go about fixing it could do so, I'm sure Froslass would appreciate it. ^_^

I made this account mainly to report this little omission. Might use this account more often. XD

Link to the page: List of Pokémon by National Pokédex number - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Froslass should be #478, but it skips right over it.

Hello! This is my first post...Hopefully this is the right thread to report this under.

I was looking through the list of pokemon by dex number, and noticed that Froslass does not appear on it anywhere. This poor little pokemon deserves to be on there just as much as everyone else, so if someone with the knowledge and ability to go about fixing it could do so, I'm sure Froslass would appreciate it. ^_^

I made this account mainly to report this little omission. Might use this account more often. XD

Link to the page: List of Pokémon by National Pokédex number - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Yeah, someone made an inaccurate edit a few hours ago. Unfortunately I only just spotted it slightly before I saw your message, but it has been reverted now. It appears that they forgot that the Sinnoh Pokédex has non-Generation IV Pokémon in it too, and tried to make the numbers sequential, but accidentally deleted Froslass in the process.

Yeah, someone made an inaccurate edit a few hours ago. Unfortunately I only just spotted it slightly before I saw your message, but it has been reverted now. It appears that they forgot that the Sinnoh Pokédex has non-Generation IV Pokémon in it too, and tried to make the numbers sequential, but accidentally deleted Froslass in the process.

Glad it got fixed. ^_^

With Pokémon Black and White 2 coming out, how will the existing link templates based on version quartets work (namely {{4v}}, {{4v2}}, and {{game4}})? I see that this page hasn't been updated in a while, so apparently nobody has considered updating these. These quartet templates wouldn't work for the Generation V games. (And I can easily see situations where things like {{4v|Black|White|Black 2|White 2}} or something similar would be needed.) The former two templates stick "(Japanese)" after the third version (it makes sense for Generation I, but not for V). For the third template ({{game4}}), the first two versions are one link, while the latter two versions are two separate links (again, this makes sense for Gen I, but not for Gen V). Perhaps separate templates will be necessary? Or change the existing template a little somehow? I'm not sure how that would work though.

With Pokémon Black and White 2 coming out, how will the existing link templates based on version quartets work (namely {{4v}}, {{4v2}}, and {{game4}})? I see that this page hasn't been updated in a while, so apparently nobody has considered updating these. These quartet templates wouldn't work for the Generation V games. (And I can easily see situations where things like {{4v|Black|White|Black 2|White 2}} or something similar would be needed.) The former two templates stick "(Japanese)" after the third version (it makes sense for Generation I, but not for V). For the third template ({{game4}}), the first two versions are one link, while the latter two versions are two separate links (again, this makes sense for Gen I, but not for Gen V). Perhaps separate templates will be necessary? Or change the existing template a little somehow? I'm not sure how that would work though.
We can do it with the same templates, It'll just need an extra paramter or something. There are a lot of templates that are going to need updating before spring, those are some of the easier ones to deal with. I'm going to be taking a more comprehensive look at all templates this easter, so look to see more organised updates in the following months.

Here's a problem (although there's a separate thread regarding this)... the animated PNGs need to either be replaced with non-animated PNGs or animated gifs. Until a few days ago I wasn't even aware that there was such a thing as an "animated PNG". I keep coming across pictures labelled "animation of _____" and it's not animation... or at least it's not animation on my browser... and my browser is completely up to date. There's probably a lot of other browsers out there that can't play animated PNGs and the information on Bulbapedia should be accessible by everyone (or at least on the most common browsers), not just certain browsers.

Here's a problem (although there's a separate thread regarding this)... the animated PNGs need to either be replaced with non-animated PNGs or animated gifs. Until a few days ago I wasn't even aware that there was such a thing as an "animated PNG". I keep coming across pictures labelled "animation of _____" and it's not animation... or at least it's not animation on my browser... and my browser is completely up to date. There's probably a lot of other browsers out there that can't play animated PNGs and the information on Bulbapedia should be accessible by everyone (or at least on the most common browsers), not just certain browsers.

That would be a mammoth task. We're looking into code that would make them work in all browsers, which is a much smaller task. That said, all animated png images should also be a suitable stll image when viewed on other browsers. If you find one that isn't, let someone know because it needs to be replaced. You're not normally missing out on anything important.

Any images that are based around the animation (i.e. the whole point of the image is the animation) should be a gif still. Again, let one of us know if they aren't because likely someone has done something they shouldn't have.

I don't know if you guys are already aware of this, or if it is even part of your job to deal with it, but presumably you can alert the relevant people if it's not.

It was my understanding that we wouldn't have pop up/pop under ads on Bulbagarden but while I've been using 'pedia today, I've had both. Not sure what the pop up was because my pop up blocker killed it, but the pop under was flightcomparison.co.uk

I don't know if you guys are already aware of this, or if it is even part of your job to deal with it, but presumably you can alert the relevant people if it's not.

It was my understanding that we wouldn't have pop up/pop under ads on Bulbagarden but while I've been using 'pedia today, I've had both. Not sure what the pop up was because my pop up blocker killed it, but the pop under was flightcomparison.co.uk

We actually have a thread for reporting ads.

I have a couple of ideas.

1) When you paste text into the post box to post on a thread, the text should stay in the same format as it was when first typed. This is a problem for typing fanfics, as when you type something in a different program, for me Microsoft Word 2010, it's very annoying when you paste the text into the post box and have to reformat everything from spacing to italics, bold and other things.

3)Also, I found that the tab button doesn't work in the post box. Maybe you could fix this to make it easier to indent paragraphs?

I have a couple of ideas.

1) When you paste text into the post box to post on a thread, the text should stay in the same format as it was when first typed. This is a problem for typing fanfics, as when you type something in a different program, for me Microsoft Word 2010, it's very annoying when you paste the text into the post box and have to reformat everything from spacing to italics, bold and other things.

3)Also, I found that the tab button doesn't work in the post box. Maybe you could fix this to make it easier to indent paragraphs?
This thread is for Bulbapedia suggestions. As indicated by it having the prefix "BULBAPEDIA" and being in the bulbawiki forum.

Back
Top Bottom