• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

I realize that this is probably too much to ask for, but I really would like to see more work being put into the Pokemon Pocket Monsters articles, even if its just improving the current articles or sections. I've been doing some improvement work myself, as difficult as it is since I've never read the manga (but would love to) and am instead going by the current articles we have. In short, improving by what little I have.

I realize how hard it is though, since the older volumes of Pocket Monsters are probably really rare by now, and not everyone has access to them or to the Singapore releases. But yet, I see scans being uploaded, short summaries of events being added in character articles (the gym leader articles mostly), and so on, and even with those, the chapter articles are still quite lacking. It's a little disappointing, but still quite understandable why.

Edit: Also, shouldn't Isamu Akai's Pikachu be added to the character template since he too is also a regular? Clefairy is there.

And why hasn't anyone considered moving Mewtwo (Pocket Monsters) to Blue's Mewtwo yet? It does belong to Blue.

Alright, after noticing the Mr. Psychic page, I noticed that there had to be a better way to deal with TM givers/TM locations. As such, I propose 2 ways to deal with this:

1. We make a page just for locations of TMs, and/or people who give them. This way all of the information for TMs is one place, and there is a page just for it. Could be named "List of TMs by Location"?

2. All of this information is integrated into the TM page, perhaps in the TM list given in the collapsible list or in a section of its own. This one could make the article seem a bit lengthy, but it'd keep all of the convenient info in one page.

3. Keep it the way is now.

Those are what I can think of. If anyone can think of a better suggestion for this, please do.

In regards to the Mr. Psychic conflict,

Don't we have other NPC articles that could also be considered just as "not notable enough"?

Is there really that many NPCs that give out TMs? I can barely name five.

I suggest an article naming all named NPCs and describe what they do/what they give out.

I meant that there are other minor NPC articles on the wiki, and not just those who give out TMs.

Webster comes to mind.

Is there really that many NPCs that give out TMs? I can barely name five.

I suggest an article naming all named NPCs and describe what they do/what they give out.

Oh no, there are many of those, from the person outside a flower shop in Emerald who gave out the TM Bullet Seed, to the person in the Musical who gives out the TM Echoed Voice, and the fighter in DP (maybe Platinum as well) who gives out the TM Payback. It's just collecting them all.

Have a good idea for Bulbapedia? See some content that needs added or needs fixing? Say it here!

I've noticed that there are far too many individual threads saying "Hey Pedia dudes I can has good idea." Let's make it simple for both the people who post the ideas and the people who look at them.

Hey, I don't know if this is a glitch, but I have caught a under leveled Arbok (it's at level 10) on route 3 in Soul silver. just letting you know.

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

i've caught a lvl 10 Arbok on route 4 in Soul Silver. I don't know if this is a glitch or what.

(I posted on here earlier, but now i can't find my reply! anyway, it's route 4, not 3, if you see my previous reply)

Since the BW2 Unova Pokédex is so different from the BW Unova Pokédex, it should definitely get an article separate from the BW Unova Pokédex. With that being said, what should we call it? The second Unova Pokédex?

Gym Leader trivia mentions "Only Poison-type doesn't have gyms in multiple regions", which has since changed with the addition of Homika. Could someone change that bit of trivia? I would, but the gym leader page is protected.

For some reason some chainbreeding parents aren't showing up. For instance, the ferroseed page claims it can only inherit spikes from cacnea and cacturne, while it can also get it chained from Dwebble and Crustle. Dwebble has the same, not listing ferroseed or ferrothorn as chain-parents for spikes, only listing pineco and forretress.

Was this done on purpose or something? Because if it was, it's really unhelpful like this.

For some reason some chainbreeding parents aren't showing up. For instance, the ferroseed page claims it can only inherit spikes from cacnea and cacturne, while it can also get it chained from Dwebble and Crustle. Dwebble has the same, not listing ferroseed or ferrothorn as chain-parents for spikes, only listing pineco and forretress.

Was this done on purpose or something? Because if it was, it's really unhelpful like this.
It was done on purpose, simply because any Pokemon in the ground egg group in particular would just about need a full screen just to show the possible fathers. To conserve space and prevent things from becoming bloated, we just show the shortest route.

It was done on purpose, simply because any Pokemon in the ground egg group in particular would just about need a full screen just to show the possible fathers. To conserve space and prevent things from becoming bloated, we just show the shortest route.

You know you're leaving out incredibly vital information that way, right? Looking at the Ferroseed page there's no way to conclude it can learn both Spikes and Stealth Rock at the same time. You'd have to go to the spikes page, the stealth rock page, the grass egg group page and the mineral egg group page, and then compare which pokémon are on both the spikes page, the stealth rock page and on one of the egg group pages, and check if potentially one mate has the ability to learn both (which might not always be the case). By that time I've already switched to serebii, because I don't have all day.

It might be better that if anything you make a seperate page for it, like Serebii does. Right now you basically just have an incomplete movedex.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I was really surprised not to see a 'Counterparts' article to highlight Pokemon counterparts, like Magmar/Electabuzz, Pinsir/Scyther, Ho-oh/Lugia and countless others. I think it would be a good addition to the wiki.

Back
Top Bottom