• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Also, does Bulbapedia have a listing of all of the short link shortcuts that are used for Pokemon Pocket Monsters' character articles? I see them used in the articles, but I can't really tell if there's a reference listing for them. And they don't seem to be quite as simple or easy to remember as {{Adv}} and so on.
We don't really have any link templates specialized for Pokémon Pocket Monsters. For pages like [bp]Giovanni (Pocket Monsters)[/bp], you'll need to use {{OBP|Giovanni|Pocket Monsters}}.

Ah, thank you. If I may also ask, if there's a specific meaning behind OBP?

I recall that the Pokemon articles, namely Isamu Akai's Clefairy, uses a different shortcut though...

May I ask why pokémon pages have all different frontsprites per generation shown, but only list one backsprite per generation,even though the backsprites differ as well? Thanks to this being the case on bulbapedia have believed all this time that backsprites were the same over an entire generation, which they are not.

Also I'd like to re-suggest this, as I think it's really undermining bulbapedia's usefullness as an online pokedex. Like if space is such a problem just create a seperate page like how it is with past-generation movesets.

May I ask why pokémon pages have all different frontsprites per generation shown, but only list one backsprite per generation,even though the backsprites differ as well? Thanks to this being the case on bulbapedia have believed all this time that backsprites were the same over an entire generation, which they are not.
That's actually a thing that we're working on. The thing is, we need to actually have the sprites before we can display them, and it's been very difficult getting people to help upload them. We only have a few more games worth of sprites to go (IIRC, Pt, Pt shiny, FRLG shiny and HGSS shiny).

Just wanted to remind you guys of this

Dogasu said:
Isamu Akai - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

He has only been called Isamu Akai in one panel in one chapter in the series' nearly 15 year run. He's called Red by everyone else every other time.

Same with Kai Midorikawa. Nobody ever calls him that, ever.

The articles really should be changed to refer to them as Red and Green.

And the reply I got:

SnorlaxMonster said:
The policy is to call them what they are most commonly known as. Same reason N isn't at "Natural Harmonia Gropius". Isamu Akai is most commonly reffered to as Red, so that is where his article should be. Same goes with Green.

Well if that's what they're most commonly called... Then I suppose the articles will have to be changed though.

But really, those articles were marked for moving for a very long time without anyone doing anything. When someone removed the tag from Red/Isamu's article, I just naturally thought that the name changes were not important enough considering that no one had moved them before. I could also say the same about Blue's Mewtwo, originally titled Mewtwo (Pocket Monsters), no one did a thing until I contacted Zesty Cactus on her talk page.

barabarabara

Um yes. It's not a very big problem, but a problem nonetheless.

So yes. Sometimes, when I'm browsing the wiki using the "random page" link (don't judge me) it'll bug out and start referring me to the same two pages over and over again. It's not a big problem - I can just manually surf the wiki if all else fails - but I thought I'd let you guys know.

I found a problem in "Dark Crater" page for Pokemon Mystery Dungeons. You can find Chameleon there because I found a lot of them.

Just a thought regarding anime episode and movie pages - seeing as there seems to be a definite shift towards aspects of Black 2 and White 2 with Best Wishes season 2 (and the 15th movie), should we add something like...

"Isshu 2|Unova 2|B2W2|Black & White 2|Best Wishes 2=3B3A47"

and

"Isshu 2|Unova 2|B2W2|Black & White 2|Best Wishes 2=C4A9A9"

to the pages Template:Colorschemedark and Template:Colorschemelight respectively, and use those colours (or similarly tinted shades of grey) as the colour schemes for Best Wishes season 2 episodes and M15?

I found a problem in "Dark Crater" page for Pokemon Mystery Dungeons. You can find Chameleon there because I found a lot of them.

Is this Explorers of Sky? My EoS guidebook has them there too, but I need to know if this only applies to Sky or all three PMD2 games.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the right area... but I noticed an error on the Dark (Type) page of Bulbapedia...

The page states the following:
Generation IV introduced the most Dark-type moves of any Generation, with 11 and Generation II and IV introduced the least Dark-type moves, with five.

When it should state:
Generation IV introduced the most Dark-type moves of any Generation, with 11 and Generation II and V introduced the least Dark-type moves, with five

I don't know if this is the right area... but I noticed an error on the Dark (Type) page of Bulbapedia...

The page states the following:
Generation IV introduced the most Dark-type moves of any Generation, with 11 and Generation II and IV introduced the least Dark-type moves, with five.

When it should state:
Generation IV introduced the most Dark-type moves of any Generation, with 11 and Generation II and V introduced the least Dark-type moves, with five
Fixed.

Regarding the Legendary Musketeers page, I recall this page being very controversial in terms of naming, and membership, and there's still controversy about these issues. The problem here is the same problem the fandom has with a lot of things, namely, trying to fit things into their restricted fan-created categories.

However, according to @bluesun, Keldeo is referred to as a Sacred Swordsman, and not the Sacred Swordsman in reference to the in-game events, implying the title is not exclusive to Keldeo. Evidently, Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion have apparently been called the Sacred Swordsmen in the upcoming movie as well (can someone else confirm this?). If this was, indeed the case, then the solution to the above issues (i.e., Are they a trio or quartet? Who's the master? Should Keldeo be in it?) is clear--change the page name to refer to what the group has been officially recognized through multiple mediums, Sacred Swordsmen.

Last edited:
"View Source", "Discussion", "History" and "Watch" all aren't working for some reason on my end for the main page.

Oddly, it seems that the css coding to hide the sitenotice on that page was also making those tabs not work. But only in FireFox, on the Main page, with the monobook skin. For whatever reason, it seemed to be working fine in other browsers (I tested it with both Chrome and IE), skins (checked monobook and vector, so actually it could have been affecting other monobook-based skins as well) and pages.

I believe I've fixed it now. Due to the nature of the fix, it may take time to change. If it's still not working after a day and clearing your browser's cache, let me know.

The "Drop-Down" list for search is not working for me. Before I could type "pokemon" and the list would show "Pokemon TCG, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y"; now it just shows what I've searched before.

The "Drop-Down" list for search is not working for me. Before I could type "pokemon" and the list would show "Pokemon TCG, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y"; now it just shows what I've searched before.

It's been disabled to try and reduce server load. We're getting a lot more traffic than usual in the lead-up to B2W2, and we'd rather disable a few convenience things than have the site completely unaccessable behind 503s on launch day.

It's been disabled to try and reduce server load. We're getting a lot more traffic than usual in the lead-up to B2W2, and we'd rather disable a few convenience things than have the site completely unaccessable behind 503s on launch day.

ah, ok.

Back
Top Bottom