• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

When I type in my Username to log in, sometimes it has me accually backspace "Username". Why is that?

Just a thought regarding anime episode and movie pages - seeing as there seems to be a definite shift towards aspects of Black 2 and White 2 with Best Wishes season 2 (and the 15th movie), should we add something like...

"Isshu 2|Unova 2|B2W2|Black & White 2|Best Wishes 2=3B3A47"

and

"Isshu 2|Unova 2|B2W2|Black & White 2|Best Wishes 2=C4A9A9"

to the pages Template:Colorschemedark and Template:Colorschemelight respectively, and use those colours (or similarly tinted shades of grey) as the colour schemes for Best Wishes season 2 episodes and M15?

We've put a separate colorscheme in place for B2W2. It doesn't exactly match your suggested on, but it is the same basis as you suggested.

I was thinking of making an infobox for the anime series pages? The Original, Advanced Generation, Diamond & Pearl and Best Wishes ones. Just wanted to know what people thought about it? I'll include the headings:

Japanese
Original TV channel
Original air date
Original end date:
Number of Episodes: (Up to currently aired episodes in Japan)
Dub
English seasons:
Original TV channel:
Original air date:
Original end date:
Number of Episodes: (Up to currently aired episodes in the United States)

Basic Info
Main protagonists: Main travelling team
Main antagonists: Main antagonists (recurring)
Rivals: Recurring Rivals

Or something like that? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Just a thought regarding anime episode and movie pages - seeing as there seems to be a definite shift towards aspects of Black 2 and White 2 with Best Wishes season 2 (and the 15th movie), should we add something like...

"Isshu 2|Unova 2|B2W2|Black & White 2|Best Wishes 2=3B3A47"

and

"Isshu 2|Unova 2|B2W2|Black & White 2|Best Wishes 2=C4A9A9"

to the pages Template:Colorschemedark and Template:Colorschemelight respectively, and use those colours (or similarly tinted shades of grey) as the colour schemes for Best Wishes season 2 episodes and M15?

We've put a separate colorscheme in place for B2W2. It doesn't exactly match your suggested on, but it is the same basis as you suggested.

Yeah, I noticed it. Looks great, thanks.

So bringing this up again because of something I noticed on the page
Regarding the Legendary Musketeers page, I recall this page being very controversial in terms of naming, and membership, and there's still controversy about these issues. The problem here is the same problem the fandom has with a lot of things, namely, trying to fit things into their restricted fan-created categories.

However, according to @bluesun, Keldeo is referred to as a Sacred Swordsman, and not the Sacred Swordsman in reference to the in-game events, implying the title is not exclusive to Keldeo. Evidently, Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion have apparently been called the Sacred Swordsmen in the upcoming movie as well (can someone else confirm this?). If this was, indeed the case, then the solution to the above issues (i.e., Are they a trio or quartet? Who's the master? Should Keldeo be in it?) is clear--change the page name to refer to what the group has been officially recognized through multiple mediums, Sacred Swordsmen.

On the first line of the page, it reads:
The legendary musketeers (Japanese sacred swordsmen) is a collective term to refer to the quartet of Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo.

So is the Japanese term there a fan-coined phrase as well, or is that what it's officially known in Japanese? If it's what they are officially called, I don't see why the move has to be discussed. I just find it weird that it mentions the Japanese term since it doesn't do that for other fan-named Legendary group pages.

So is the Japanese term there a fan-coined phrase as well, or is that what it's officially known in Japanese? If it's what they are officially called, I don't see why the move has to be discussed. I just find it weird that it mentions the Japanese term since it doesn't do that for other fan-named Legendary group pages.
聖剣士 is used in official Japanese sources-- CoroCoro, movie trailers, the manga and even the movie title.

However, only in relation to the movie. When referring to the games, the same trio that get called 聖剣士 a few pages later in the movie coverage, get called "コバルオンたち", 'Cobalion etc.'., so 聖剣士 would appear to be a movie-only term.

聖剣士 is used in official Japanese sources-- CoroCoro, movie trailers, the manga and even the movie title.

However, only in relation to the movie. When referring to the games, the same trio that get called 聖剣士 a few pages later in the movie coverage, get called "コバルオンたち", 'Cobalion etc.'., so 聖剣士 would appear to be a movie-only term.
Isn't "Lake Guardians" an anime-only term in the same vein? It's still a more official collective than anything fanmade.

Isn't "Lake Guardians" an anime-only term in the same vein? It's still a more official collective than anything fanmade.

Given that Bulbapedia has a policy to use anime art when game art isn't available for things like Trainer classes, and the fact that he Lake guardians page seemed to have been named that for this very reason, I'd say there's no reason to conclude this for one page, but then have to discuss it for another page. Legendary Musketeers wasn't even a universally used name (at least on the forums) until Bulbapedia chose to use it.

Last edited:

Given that Bulbapedia has a policy to use anime art when game art isn't available for things like Trainer classes, and the fact that he Lake guardians page seemed to have been named that for this very reason, I'd say there's no reason to conclude this for one page, but then have to discuss it for another page. Legendary Musketeers wasn't even a universally used name (at least on the forums) until Bulbapedia chose to use it.
Well, the main difference is that this is a Japanese name, whereas "lake guardians" was used in the dub (so was "lake trio", but I'm not trying to get it moved). And since we use dub titles rather than Japanese names where available, dub names are important.

However, we should be using official Japanese terms over English fan names. Everyone agreed that we'll move it to what they're named in the dub, but several people didn't want to move it yet because they anticipated it wouldn't be too long until we get the dub name. I think that it should be moved though (we have plenty of gullible hard-working users willing to relink moved pages).

Well, the main difference is that this is a Japanese name, whereas "lake guardians" was used in the dub (so was "lake trio", but I'm not trying to get it moved). And since we use dub titles rather than Japanese names where available, dub names are important.

However, we should be using official Japanese terms over English fan names. Everyone agreed that we'll move it to what they're named in the dub, but several people didn't want to move it yet because they anticipated it wouldn't be too long until we get the dub name. I think that it should be moved though (we have plenty of gullible hard-working users willing to relink moved pages).

But they're named after their moves, which we have a translation of already. But yeah, if what you're waiting for is dub-confirmed usage, then I guess its fine. I don't want to be all "they're definitely going to call the Sacred Swordsmen in the dub" then have the dub suddenly call them something completely different.

The whole dilemma about duos and quartets would be moot if there was simply a page about legendary groups in general instead.

The classification of legendary trio made sense when there was simply 2 trios and some other legends.

Now you have several trios and duos, some with an extra member, some without, some of the extra members being closer to the group, some being clearly superior...

Actually, even worse is the trio masters classification.
When half of those supposed trio masters are part of the trio itself, something isn't right.

Its inconsistent.
In one case, you have the rivals Groudon and Kyogre, with a clearly superior Rayquaza, and they are considered a trio.
In another case you have three golems, and a fourth bigger one, Regigigas, yet no one ever called them a quartet in human history.
Because these are 2 groups of legendaries,
-Weather legends, which consist of a duo and their master
-Golems, which consist of a trio and an extra member.

trios/duos->groups
master->extra member

Or do we have to wait till there is a group of 5 and they have an additional member that is inferior, for the term master to look too specialized and be replaced by something more general.

User:Saiph charon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

[[File:|Cheren|link=Cheren]] <- The coding is showing up in the area where it says Aspertia City Gym - Unova Gym #1 on the Aspertia City page.

I think its a really bad idea having spoilers routinely posted to the Bulbapedia front page. Its kind of ridiculous that I can't look up Pokémon on an encyclopaedia without having to dodge around giant "BulbaNewsNow" banners yelling at me that Cresselia and Uxie gonna be B2W2. It might be minor to you, but some of us cherish this stuff when we play and that would have been a very nice surprise had you not spoiled it for me, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that way. Indeed, one of my friends has been avoiding spoilers very well until he went to Bulbapedia to look up Linoone's movepool. =/

Can't you make the feed hide-able, or just not post spoilers to it?

Back
Top Bottom