• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Castelia Sewers made a very early appearance in the anime, A Venipede Stampede! to be exact, where Ash and the others including Burgh were investigating sounds coming from the sewers and find a Venipede. The anime info is missing on the page. The image of it has already been uploaded.

No. Just because the anime has a sewer in Castelia City doesn't mean it is the sewers from the game. Besides, the anime episode came well before B2W2.

I disagree. The "Castelia Sewers" refers to all sewers in Castelia City. I think it should be on the page.

After reading the talk page "Big Stadium and Small Court" about the amount of trainers the page will have to have added to get it complete, I would suggest splitting the page into "Big Stadium" and "Small Court" rather than having the page for both of them together.
As also mentioned on the talk page, that can't be done properly because of the post-game trainers being in both locations.

I think it's because his Staraptor has a large spot on its forehead, but even then, that alone doesn't make good evidence as marking size-differences can vary in the anime.

Hugh's German name comes also from Matiz (portuguese for Hue).
Did you Google Translate it? I'm not sure if they really named him Hue because it means matriz in Portuguese, but it kind of makes sense. Some english websites claim "corless" to be Akuroma's English name, and cor is Portuguese for color, and "Achroma" seems to come from achromatic.

Oh, and I have a problem: every time I try to see any page that isn't the Main Page, I get an "Error 503 Service Unavailable".

I just watched the dub episode of An Amazing Aerial Battle! and no one in the episode mentioned Ash's Tranquill's glowing wings being the move Wing Attack. She was only told to accelerate in the sky if I remember correctly. Gust and Air Cutter had the glowing wings.
No, she was not told to accelerate. Ash simply said "Attack, now!", probably because of the dub re-writing, or it was their attempt to hide the fact that Pidove family cannot learn "Wing Attack" in the games. On the contrary, the Japanese version clearly mentioned the name of the move that is "Tsubasa de Utsu" (literally: Strike with Wings, or in simple words "Wing Attack").

I just watched the dub episode of An Amazing Aerial Battle! and no one in the episode mentioned Ash's Tranquill's glowing wings being the move Wing Attack. She was only told to accelerate in the sky if I remember correctly. Gust and Air Cutter had the glowing wings.
No, she was not told to accelerate. Ash simply said "Attack, now!", probably because of the dub re-writing, or it was their attempt to hide the fact that Pidove family cannot learn "Wing Attack" in the games. On the contrary, the Japanese version clearly mentioned the name of the move that is "Tsubasa de Utsu" (literally: Strike with Wings, or in simple words "Wing Attack").

Whoops, Skyla was the one who told her Pokémon to accelerate. As for Wing Attack, it may count as a Japanese version only error due to it being left out in the dub and there is a section for that. This happened before with Ash's Starly as it used Whirlwind in the dub and Gust in the Jap. version.

Whoops, Skyla was the one who told her Pokémon to accelerate. As for Wing Attack, it may count as a Japanese version only error due to it being left out in the dub and there is a section for that. This happened before with Ash's Starly as it used Whirlwind in the dub and Gust in the Jap. version.
It wasn't left out but more of a re-worded. If it was an error and was suppose to be some other move, TPCi would have used the correct move name instead, like in the case of Starly, where they completely changed the move name and replaced the original move with something it could learn legitimately.

Hi there, everyone.
I'm new here but PKMN has been a part of my life since Gen1 and since these last few months I've been frequenting more forums, I decided to come to this site's, form where I managed to get so many information & artworks.
A couple days back, I sent a message with a few questions to Pokémon.com Support Center.
This is the message:
Hi there.
First of all, I'd like to know if any of the questions I make that may get an answer can be later transmitted to any fansite so other fans can get to know about it as well.
Also, I understand if you end up mentioning you can't answer them as my questions mostly seem directed to the original authors, but since I'm not a japan-native, I can't use their inquiry section on the Official Site.

Well, here goes...
1. Couldn't the myth around the glitch MissingNo. be dispelled, by creating a true #000 PKMN?

2. Red & Green (Characters) have the names Ash & Gary, but according to the fansite Bulbapedia, their game code names seem to be the canon ones, while from Gen2 onwards they always have proper names and Silver doesn't have a proper one. Can I know why?

3. Leaf also doesn't have a proper name and Blue didn't even make it to the Gen1 games. Can I know why?
Also, is there any proper artwork of her from Ken Sugimori? There's barely any proper ones...

4. Gen2 happens 3 years after Gen1, but what about the other Generations?

5. Which Gen2 PKMN were already planned but later scrapped from Gen1? Since MissingNo. was born from the 39 empty slots out of 190 PKMN slots for Gen1.

6. Why on Gen2 certain locations from Gen1, like Cerulean Cave & Safari Zone, were closed off? And why Red didn't get a new artwork as of Gen4, like Green?

7. This is directed to the japanese staff, but not only me but more fans, specially since the BW2 Anime PV, have been yearning for a reboot of the whole series, this time more game-related, direct adaptations of the games, each generation having their own characters and not using recurring ones all around. But, for Gen1, Yellow Version (with FrLg art style) could be best choice of adaptation.

Well, for now these are all the questions I remember having for you. I'm having hope that they may be answered.
Thanks for your time.

I thought that either I'd never get an answer from them or wait around 2 days before it showed up, but instead it took less than an hour...
And I can guess why...
Here's the answer:
Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support.

Our Support Team is not able to provide details on your lore related inquiry. It is the intent of the Pokémon creators, that questions that have not already been answered within the video games, animated movies, or TV shows, be left to the imagination and interpretations of YOU…The Pokémon Fans. Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to reply if you require any further assistance.

Sincerely, Pokémon Support Team

Does anyone here want to comment about this?

Also, is there any topic here specifically to talk about Sugimori's Arts?

1. Couldn't the myth around the glitch MissingNo. be dispelled, by creating a true #000 PKMN?
Not really sure what you mean by the "myth around the glitch MissingNo.". Yes, MissingNo. did exist it Generation I, but it was not intentional.

2. Red & Green (Characters) have the names Ash & Gary, but according to the fansite Bulbapedia, their game code names seem to be the canon ones, while from Gen2 onwards they always have proper names and Silver doesn't have a proper one. Can I know why?
In Generation I/III, the player gets the set the name of their own character and their rival, so apart from the default names, they are not named. In Generation II/IV, they are encountered a NPCs, so the player doesn't get to pick their names and they were given names, Red and Blue (Green in Japanese). Silver has never appeared in a game where he is not the rival and the player does not set his name, so he has not been named in a similar manner. Ash and Gary do not appear in the games; their game counterparts, Red and Blue (Green in Japanese), do.

3. Leaf also doesn't have a proper name and Blue didn't even make it to the Gen1 games. Can I know why?
Blue was probably cut due to the limited space that was leftover in the original games. They originally had 190 Pokemon, but had to cut that number down. Leaf has never appeared in a way that she would need to be given a name in the same way as Red and Blue (Green in Japanese).

Also, is there any proper artwork of her from Ken Sugimori? There's barely any proper ones...
Sugimori's focus has really been on Red, but we have full body art, a picture postcard image, and several images of the character that was cut from Gen I (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).

4. Gen2 happens 3 years after Gen1, but what about the other Generations?
BW occurs an unknown amount of time after Gen IV (but it definitely occurs after). B2W2 occurs 2 years after BW. HGSS occurs approximately at the same time as DPPt; RSE and FRLG are assumed the occur at approximately the same time.

5. Which Gen2 PKMN were already planned but later scrapped from Gen1? Since MissingNo. was born from the 39 empty slots out of 190 PKMN slots for Gen1.
Would be nice to know that, but it would appear that Ho-Oh wasn't.

6. Why on Gen2 certain locations from Gen1, like Cerulean Cave & Safari Zone, were closed off? And why Red didn't get a new artwork as of Gen4, like Green?
Red didn't get new art in Gen II either; he was really meant to be a secret, so giving him new art may have been a spoiler.

7. This is directed to the japanese staff, but not only me but more fans, specially since the BW2 Anime PV, have been yearning for a reboot of the whole series, this time more game-related, direct adaptations of the games, each generation having their own characters and not using recurring ones all around. But, for Gen1, Yellow Version (with FrLg art style) could be best choice of adaptation.
You may need to review your grammar on this suggestion, because I don't really understand what you're saying. Are you suggesting they remake Yellow, and base the plot of the anime directly on the games?

I thought that either I'd never get an answer from them or wait around 2 days before it showed up, but instead it took less than an hour...
And I can guess why...
Here's the answer:

Our Support Team is not able to provide details on your lore related inquiry. It is the intent of the Pokémon creators, that questions that have not already been answered within the video games, animated movies, or TV shows, be left to the imagination and interpretations of YOU…The Pokémon Fans. Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. Please feel free to reply if you require any further assistance.

I assume their quite busy, and since they don't even have their mailbag anymore, they probably don't even know most of the answers, and even if they did, they're too busy to answer them. That sounds like a copy/paste response they give to all questions like yours.

Anyway, this forum is specifically for Bulbapedia, Bulbanews, and the Bulbagarden Archives. In future, I suggest taking posts like this to the Garden Grotto.

Anyway, this forum is specifically for Bulbapedia, Bulbanews, and the Bulbagarden Archives. In future, I suggest taking posts like this to the Garden Grotto.
And here I thought I had hit the right place, sorry about that...
Is there any way of relocating these posts of mine to there? I'd be very thankful.

1. Not really sure what you mean by the "myth around the glitch MissingNo.". Yes, MissingNo. did exist it Generation I, but it was not intentional.
No longer need to care about that, now that I've found everything about it's origin...

2. In Generation I/III, the player gets the set the name of their own character and their rival, so apart from the default names, they are not named. In Generation II/IV, they are encountered a NPCs, so the player doesn't get to pick their names and they were given names, Red and Blue (Green in Japanese). Silver has never appeared in a game where he is not the rival and the player does not set his name, so he has not been named in a similar manner. Ash and Gary do not appear in the games; their game counterparts, Red and Blue (Green in Japanese), do.
I understand. I just, conveniently, used the fact that game player characters that appeared in the Anime had their game names to rename Red & Green likewise.
I even tried to check the name listings available in each game to try and guess Blue/Leaf's possible japanese/english names...
My guesses were Satoko/Amanda, but I'm not sure of it...

3. Blue was probably cut due to the limited space that was leftover in the original games. They originally had 190 Pokemon, but had to cut that number down. Leaf has never appeared in a way that she would need to be given a name in the same way as Red and Blue (Green in Japanese).
I was mixing Data Slots with Game Memory, now I understand why 39PKMN & Blue were left out of the game, there were free slots but not enough memory to fill them.

Sugimori's focus has really been on Red, but we have full body art, a picture postcard image, and several images of the character that was cut from Gen I (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).
Yeah, I know that most likely that's the best we may get of Blue... And it's so sad...

4. BW occurs an unknown amount of time after Gen IV (but it definitely occurs after). B2W2 occurs 2 years after BW. HGSS occurs approximately at the same time as DPPt; RSE and FRLG are assumed the occur at approximately the same time.
I've asked these questions on Serebii Forum, and according to the one who answered me, there a sort of evidence that BW happens around 5 years after Gen4.

5. Would be nice to know that, but it would appear that Ho-Oh wasn't.
Who knows...

6. Red didn't get new art in Gen II either; he was really meant to be a secret, so giving him new art may have been a spoiler.
For the younger gamer generations, that's understandable...

You may need to review your grammar on this suggestion, because I don't really understand what you're saying. Are you suggesting they remake Yellow, and base the plot of the anime directly on the games?
I was trying to say that, specially because of the introduction promotional video for BW2, if the anime were more closely adapted from the games' story, there could be more potential than the actual series. About the possible adaptation of Gen1, yeah, I'd like to see the plot of Yellow in Anime, specially because of Red's party when Ethan faces him in Mt. Silver...

And I can guess why...
Here's the answer:

I assume their quite busy, and since they don't even have their mailbag anymore, they probably don't even know most of the answers, and even if they did, they're too busy to answer them. That sounds like a copy/paste response they give to all questions like yours.
Unfortunately...

Anyway, thanks for answering to my questions.

@G50, thanks, I've just posted my questions there. Should I delete them from here?
@Agent Looker, I posted a reply to your reply but it may seem I took too long to prepare it and when I made "post", it didn't save. I also didn't keep it in a notebook, so...
But I've sent my questions to the topic G50 told me about, could you relocate your reply to there, so I can give you a reply? Thanks.

EDIT:
@Agent Looker, I decided to reply to your reply here. Here it is:
Not really sure what you mean by the "myth around the glitch MissingNo.". Yes, MissingNo. did exist it Generation I, but it was not intentional.
Let's say that "myth" thing was most likely a thing of my mind, since there were lots of fanarts and a couple sites talking about it as if it was a mystery. But now that I know all the truth, I no longer care about it, since it's not a proper PKMN.

In Generation I/III, the player gets the set the name of their own character and their rival, so apart from the default names, they are not named. In Generation II/IV, they are encountered as NPCs, so the player doesn't get to pick their names and they were given names, Red and Blue (Green in Japanese). Silver has never appeared in a game where he is not the rival and the player does not set his name, so he has not been named in a similar manner. Ash and Gary do not appear in the games; their game counterparts, Red and Blue (Green in Japanese), do.
I know all that, I was conveniently taking advantage of the PCs appearing on the Anime having their game proper names, hence taking Ash & Gary instead of Red & Green, which I think of them as game codenames.

Blue was probably cut due to the limited space that was leftover in the original games. They originally had 190 Pokemon, but had to cut that number down. Leaf has never appeared in a way that she would need to be given a name in the same way as Red and Blue (Green in Japanese).
I've gotta admit that I was mixing together Data Slots with Cartridge Memory, hence not understanding why those 39PKMN & Blue had to be set aside. Thanks to that site (interview), now I get it, thanks for the link. Still, too bad she had to be scrapped...
About her name, I tried to guess what could be her japanese/english names by checking Red & Green's name charts on Bulbapedia.
My guesses go for Satoko/Amanda... What do you think?

Unfortunately, it really seems that's as much as we may get of her...

BW occurs an unknown amount of time after Gen IV (but it definitely occurs after). B2W2 occurs 2 years after BW. HGSS occurs approximately at the same time as DPPt; RSE and FRLG are assumed the occur at approximately the same time.
According to the answer to this point on the same post I made on Serebii Forum, it seems there's evidence claiming Gen5 happens 5 years after Gen4.

Would be nice to know that, but it would appear that Ho-Oh wasn't.
Who knows, but if the Anime helps in anything, it may seem Ho-Oh was already in development, since the one we see on Ep001 was gold, a prototype.

Red didn't get new art in Gen II either; he was really meant to be a secret, so giving him new art may have been a spoiler.
For the youngest generations, that may be a good thing. To people maybe like me, well... Too bad...
Also, about the closed places on Gen2/4 Kanto, despite the possibility of memory shortage, there's evidence of lots of beta maps existant on the game files, one of the being Safari Zone...

What I was trying to say with this one was that, by seeing the potential seen in the BW2 introduction promotional video, if the series were to be revamped from the start and follow more closely (characters, etc...) the games, it might become even better.
About the Gen1 adaptation, I was saying that maybe adapting FireRed & LeafGreen (art style and all) but taking a few elements from Gen1 Yellow, like Red's Pikachu (like in the manga, as well), the starters obtainable along the way, Jessie & James more like villians and less recurring comical characters, things like that, it could make a new Gen1 adaptation even more interesting.

And that's too sad... Unfortunately, there's not much more I can say about that...

This is all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom