• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Out of curiosity, when better quality images are up, is there plans to use this alternate art for Genesect on his page rather than the plain one put up there?

We generally get the alternate artworks (see Category:Kyurem on the Archives), but we only use the main one on the Pokemon's page itself. Although we may wait until we get a clean release of this alternate artwork before we upload it.

Early today I was thinking, wouldn't it be a great idea to have a move origin section, like there is with pokémon? I frequently see people questioning why a move does what it does, such as with aerial ace's wide distribution, why razor leaf is a physical attack, why faint attack is not related to the user fainting, etc. It seems like it would make for interesting information, with moves based on rituals (fire blast), sci-fi references (simple beam), strange phenomena (will o wisp, fire spin), physics concepts (gyro ball), weapons such as caltrops (spikes), among others.

I think the Warlords of Pokémon Conquest should have their own pages. Even if they're based on real people with their own Wikipedia pages, there's a lot of fictional elements that we could cover, like about their role in the plot, and what Pokémon they use. Maybe the generic Warriors could all be lumped together in one page, though.

I think the Warlords of Pokémon Conquest should have their own pages. Even if they're based on real people with their own Wikipedia pages, there's a lot of fictional elements that we could cover, like about their role in the plot, and what Pokémon they use. Maybe the generic Warriors could all be lumped together in one page, though.
we are currently working on how we want to organize the Conquest information. characters, Pokemon, locations, etc.

Will someone ever add the teams that all the Gym Leaders use in the Tournament in Black 2 vand White 2?

Please have some patience, we are trying our best to update the articles. You are more than welcome to contribute.

I wish I could, but I have no information about the game, and also I don't know how I can contribute :( I'd be more than willing to help, though. Also, I'm not trying to rush you or anything, I just wanted to know if the information is going to appear sometime. Don't worry, I'll wait! :)

Early today I was thinking, wouldn't it be a great idea to have a move origin section, like there is with pokémon? I frequently see people questioning why a move does what it does, such as with aerial ace's wide distribution, why razor leaf is a physical attack, why faint attack is not related to the user fainting, etc. It seems like it would make for interesting information, with moves based on rituals (fire blast), sci-fi references (simple beam), strange phenomena (will o wisp, fire spin), physics concepts (gyro ball), weapons such as caltrops (spikes), among others.
Due to the small number of moves that this actually matters with, currently this information just goes in the trivia section.

Yeah, we've already decided that we want to give them their own pages, we just need to info. They're being linked to their Wikipedia pages right now because they don't have pages yet.

I edited Multi-hit Move with all of the correct calculations. Please do not remove my hard work. Finally, it is easy to see just how much average power and effective power each multi-hit move has.
Again, let me reiterate: No matter how mundane it may seem, these numbers only provide a better understanding of how damage is calculated in multi-hit moves.

I edited Multi-hit Move with all of the correct calculations. Please do not remove my hard work. Finally, it is easy to see just how much average power and effective power each multi-hit move has.
Again, let me reiterate: No matter how mundane it may seem, these numbers only provide a better understanding of how damage is calculated in multi-hit moves.

I understand why average power would be useful, but short of giving every move an effective power, I really don't think it is necessary.

I understand why average power would be useful, but short of giving every move an effective power, I really don't think it is necessary.
That's the thing, though. All of the other hundreds of moves don't need an Effective Power column, because basic statistics dictates that a 100 power move that hits 70% of the time effectively has 70 power on average. That truly is mundane, but 2-5 hit moves, and perhaps Triple Kick and the high critical hit ratio moves are so complicated that it certainly would help to give an idea of the move's expected outcome.

Might be a dumb question, but what constitutes "stealing from other websites" in the context of sourcing and citing information?

I want to get around to expanding articles about some of the older or defunct fansites from the turn of the millenium. I found a wiki with a wealth of UPNetwork information that would be useful for the Bulbapedia article. If I write it in my own words and cite the source, is that okay? I know it's worked in school projects, but I don't know what the wiki admins think.

Might be a dumb question, but what constitutes "stealing from other websites" in the context of sourcing and citing information?

I want to get around to expanding articles about some of the older or defunct fansites from the turn of the millenium. I found a wiki with a wealth of UPNetwork information that would be useful for the Bulbapedia article. If I write it in my own words and cite the source, is that okay? I know it's worked in school projects, but I don't know what the wiki admins think.

With wikis it depends on the license of the wiki as to what extent the information can be sourced, but I would be surprised if any wiki used a license that didn't allow facts to be cited with attribution when it's written in your own words.

In general, as long as a source is considered reliable for information on the subject and they haven't specifically told us that they don't want to be used as a source of info (e.g.: Serebii.net), they're fine to use as a source, again provided there is attribution.

UPNetwork? Can you give a more detailed idea of that?
Also, could you provide a link to that wiki? I'd like to read what it may have that Bulbapedia doesn't so far (I kinda love trivia).

That's the thing, though. All of the other hundreds of moves don't need an Effective Power column, because basic statistics dictates that a 100 power move that hits 70% of the time effectively has 70 power on average. That truly is mundane, but 2-5 hit moves, and perhaps Triple Kick and the high critical hit ratio moves are so complicated that it certainly would help to give an idea of the move's expected outcome.

Yes, but once you've given it an average power column, you put it on par with all other moves. So unless we go through and add effective power to all moves, it is giving multi-hit moves unnecessary information that applies to all moves exactly the same.

However, effective power would make sense for Triple Kick, since each attack has its own accuracy check.

This is about the card game? Or something else? I'm not quite getting it...

Nope, the UPNetwork I'm talking about is the Universal Pokemon Network. I was a member of that forum and PokeAbode WAY back in 1999-2001 and want to add more information about those and the other "big four" fansites from that era. I've wanted to update those articles for the longest time, but never got around to doing it. I'll do it soon.

Yes, but once you've given it an average power column, you put it on par with all other moves. So unless we go through and add effective power to all moves, it is giving multi-hit moves unnecessary information that applies to all moves exactly the same.
However, effective power would make sense for Triple Kick, since each attack has its own accuracy check.
If it must be done for consistency reasons, so be it. Veekun already has their version of Effective Power anyway, so why not us? And I fail to see how a move whose power ranges on hitting 2x 3/8 of the time, 3x 3/8 of the time, 4x 1/8 of the time, and 5x 1/8 of the time is "exactly the same" as Take Down, which has a definite power. Just because the accuracy check for all moves other than Triple Kick is the same calculation doesn't mean that Average Power is "unnecessary."

UPDATE: I edited Multi-hit move once again to calculate Triple Kick. It was a bitch of a math problem. I had to use a TI-83 calculator to figure it out. Thankfully I learned this type of problem in statistics class. Because Triple Kick has 60 power 72.9% of the time, 30 power 8.1% of the time, 10 power 9% of the time, and misses outright 10% of the time, I knew how to calculate it with the 83.

Last edited:
If it must be done for consistency reasons, so be it. Veekun already has their version of Effective Power anyway, so why not us? And I fail to see how a move whose power ranges on hitting 2x 3/8 of the time, 3x 3/8 of the time, 4x 1/8 of the time, and 5x 1/8 of the time is "exactly the same" as Take Down, which has a definite power. Just because the accuracy check for all moves other than Triple Kick is the same calculation doesn't mean that Average Power is "unnecessary."

UPDATE: I edited Multi-hit move once again to calculate Triple Kick. It was a bitch of a math problem. I had to use a TI-83 calculator to figure it out. Thankfully I learned this type of problem in statistics class. Because Triple Kick has 60 power 72.9% of the time, 30 power 8.1% of the time, 10 power 9% of the time, and misses outright 10% of the time, I knew how to calculate it with the 83.

No, I'm not saying average power is unnecessary, only effective power. Because once you have the average power, it is on par with every other move since there is only one accuracy check. So unless we add effective power to every move (which I think would probably just confuse some people anyway), I think it is better to only list the average power.

No, I'm not saying average power is unnecessary, only effective power. Because once you have the average power, it is on par with every other move since there is only one accuracy check. So unless we add effective power to every move (which I think would probably just confuse some people anyway), I think it is better to only list the average power.
All right then, that makes sense. Effective Power is really only practical for Triple Kick since that changes the whole calculation.

Back
Top Bottom