• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Is anyone working on giving Georgia's Beartic it's own page? Given it's rivalry with Excadrill and the amount it's appeared I think it deserves something.

^ What exactly would you put on the page? Unless you watch the episodes in advance (Japanese), Beartic has hardly appeared much at all. I can only think of two or three battles it's been in. From what I've seen, it's an unimportant and not-often-seen Pokémon from a character who shows up for a few episodes every so often. I'd say don't even bother, and I don't think it has any rivalry with Excadrill.

Also:
it's: contraction for "it is" or "it has"
its: adjective describing something belonging to it

BW075 and BW076 (The Tirtouga/Carracosta episodes) have extremely short synopses. But apparently, they're "official." Could I give these episodes proper synopses that aren't two sentences long? I think my TV info gave more details than the official ones.

Then there's this: hidden text seen when one goes to edit the page. "Detailed synopsis goes here"? "Official summary"? So do we have to go with the official summary, or are these two sections? I propose that we have the crappy official summary at the top of the Synopsis section, with the detailed one below.

==Synopsis==
{{incomplete synopsis}}
<!-- Detailed synopsis goes here. -->

{{TRT}} plans to do a time-slip into the past world through a space-time distortion known as the Time Gate. In order to stabilize the Time Gate, {{p|Tirtouga}}'s life-energy is necessary. With Team Rocket's Fossil restoral equipment, Tirtouga is revived in the Modern World.
<!-- <ref> official summary </ref> -->

BW075 and BW076 (The Tirtouga/Carracosta episodes) have extremely short synopses. But apparently, they're "official." Could I give these episodes proper synopses that aren't two sentences long? I think my TV info gave more details than the official ones.

Then there's this: hidden text seen when one goes to edit the page. "Detailed synopsis goes here"? "Official summary"? So do we have to go with the official summary, or are these two sections? I propose that we have the crappy official summary at the top of the Synopsis section, with the detailed one below.

==Synopsis==
{{incomplete synopsis}}
<!-- Detailed synopsis goes here. -->

{{TRT}} plans to do a time-slip into the past world through a space-time distortion known as the Time Gate. In order to stabilize the Time Gate, {{p|Tirtouga}}'s life-energy is necessary. With Team Rocket's Fossil restoral equipment, Tirtouga is revived in the Modern World.
<!-- <ref> official summary </ref> -->

Now don't quote me on this, but I feel that the official summaries are a place holder for episodes that have not aired yet. Once it has aired, anyone should feel free to make the detailed synopsis. There shouldn't be anything stopping them from replacing them with a detailed version.

Exactly, or at least now that episodes apparently get official summaries, we include that quick blurb at the top of Synopsis and call it Official Summary, maybe with italic text or something else. Then the rest of Synopsis is detailed by the fans.

I'll do those tonight since I saw 75 and 76 today. They won't be as ridiculously detailed as other episodes are, but I'll do my best. I'll ignore the hidden message and leave the Official Summary thing to whoever thinks it's worth having and knows the best way for it to appear on the page.

Last thing, where do these official summaries come from? A magazine? Website?

edit: I'm dead tired. I'll do 'em tomorrow.

edit edit: Screw that noise, it took me two hours to write one synopsis. ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/AG138 )

Don't count on me to do the BW ones... or any other synopses... ever. I may, but... unlikely.

Last edited:
Might I suggest a function that would allow one to type in the names of up to six pokemon and for Bulbapedia to open a separate tab for the pokemon entered? This would also be useful for making a team you think up and also for looking at all three evolutions of a particular three-stage evolution pokemon at once, which I frequently find myself doing to see when they learn particular moves ("how long do I need to deal with this lesser evolution to get hydro pump" x_x).

Granted, I know nothing about how much work would be involved in creating such a function.

In an early artwork for the first pokemon games, there is this image with red, blue and a girl plus the three starter Pokemon, the girl was a possible female character in the game, but was scrapped.
Now in the original intro of the anime, there was this girl (pikachu ran through her legs). As far as I know, this girl never appeared in the anime, is it possible that she is the girl from the artwork? Some sort of last cameo, teased for both anime and game, but never appeared?

In an early artwork for the first pokemon games, there is this image with red, blue and a girl plus the three starter Pokemon, the girl was a possible female character in the game, but was scrapped.
Now in the original intro of the anime, there was this girl (pikachu ran through her legs). As far as I know, this girl never appeared in the anime, is it possible that she is the girl from the artwork? Some sort of last cameo, teased for both anime and game, but never appeared?
Blue (the girl in the artwork you mentioned, AKA Green outside of Japan) wears a black dress, black shoes, and white gloves. The girl in the first season intro is a Lass and wears the same outfit as a Lass wears in-game. She never appeared in the anime as a character, but Giselle of the Pokémon Academy wears similar clothing.

Also, this thread is not the place for that kind of question.

Last edited:
Really, when you look at the major theme in the franchise (i.e., friendship) one begins to wonder why the term happiness persisted for so long other than nobody raising the point earlier.

Actually, I did raise the point years ago (you can see my post on the article's Talk page). Just nobody noticed me. But thanks for bringing tthe point again, I always disliked the term "happiness".

Saffron City (stage) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

This article displays different damage values for the Pokémon that emerge from Silph Co. than what is present on the SSB Wikia and SSB Wiki. Not only that, but I tested it myself using Link, and got the following: Venusaur does 20% on contact initially and 8% subsequently, with each Razor Leaf doing 3%. Charmander does 10% on contact and 2% with each Flamethrower flame. Porygon does 18% on contact each time.

What's going on? I'm gonna try it again just to make sure, but how could Bulbapedia have different values from two other supposedly fan-crafted wikis and a test on my part?

Could anyone else fire up their N64 and confirm the damage values?

Last edited:
What's going on? I'm gonna try it again just to make sure, but how could Bulbapedia have different values from two other supposedly fan-crafted wikis and a test on my part?
You're overreacting to a rather simple answer, which would be "they may be wrong" and then we find out if we are or not.
Those damage values were added in 2008, when the page was made. There's no way of knowing how the original creator of the page got the info.

You're overreacting to a rather simple answer, which would be "they may be wrong" and then we find out if we are or not.
Those damage values were added in 2008, when the page was made. There's no way of knowing how the original creator of the page got the info.
This is more about the article in question than my perceived overreaction.
I'll try it again a few times with different characters, see if my values are the same, and promptly add them to the page. I know that damage is lessened if the attack is repeated (maybe that's why Flamethrower did 2% instead of 3%? We'll see), but in any case, I'll do another test.

If someone else could too, that'd be great. Call up some buddies for some Smash. Say you gotta do a thing for a gaming website. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

EDIT: Damage values confirmed and updated.

Last edited:
In Episode 116 Season 2 (The Rivalry Revival), when Ash looks to the field filled with Rhydon, Ryhorn, etc. (around 7:50), I believe I can see a Donphan in the field in front of the 2 smaller lakes. I also see a bellsprout next to the right lake. This could be added to the episode description. Could be I'm wrong about the Donphan thou, any feedback on this?

Yours truly

Back
Top Bottom